Wolf's Bane Excerpt

Wolf's Bane Excerpt

A Story by Brandon Adams
"

Do you think your life is though? Well think again. My name is Jenna Bryant and I'm definitely not your average teen.

"

The chill of December slithered down my spine and awoke me abruptly from my slumber. The forest ground was freezing and the bed of leave I laid across was damp. It took a while for my pale green eyes to adjust to the morning sun but I eventually sat up. My head was pounding and the seven mangled bikers around me were starting to decay.


"Ah s**t. What a mess." I mumbled.

            

When I rose to my feet I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I knew better than to overindulge on a school night and now I was paying the price. A combination of blood, dirt, and leaves stuck to my naked body. Even though my porcelain skin had been coated in layers of dried blood I had no visible wounds.  Judging by the sun, it must have been at least six o'clock, which meant that I had to hurry. I could not afford to be tardy for Mrs. Fletcher's class again.  The first thing I needed to do was get some clothes. I did my best to salvage some clothing from the seven bikers. Sadly most of the clothes were either torn apart or over sized.

            

Despite everything I managed to assemble a passable outfit from the decease. My new attire consisted of a black low cut t-shirt, which I  lacked the proper amount of cleavage to fill. I also acquired a pair of torn black jeans that did well to hide the blood stains, a red bandana, which looked great against my long brown cinnamon hair, and a black leather jacket with a horned skull printed on the back. Now that I had some clothes it was time for the hard part.

            

I had to take care of last night's festivities, which meant I had to dispose of the bodies. I started with the bodies that were still in one piece, afterwards I went for the limbs that littered the forest. I gathered all of the bodies and set them into a single pile. I was planning on burning the remains but someone was watching me.

            

The nearby bushes rumbled as something approached me. From the brush a golden haired wolf emerged. The wolf was carrying the carcass of a freshly killed deer in its mouth but released its prey when it laid it's amber gaze upon me. The creature bared its fangs and snarled as it drew closer. I stood my ground before the beast but before I could plan out my next move the creature lunged at me.

            

The wolf easily pinned me to the ground. Fearsome fangs reached for my neck but I managed to fend off the beast. The two of us rolled in the soil, both seeking the upper hand in our power struggle. Time was escaping me and I still had a lot to do before class started. I released a low pitch growl that matched the wolf's. Summoning all of my strength I wrapped my arms tightly around the beast. I slowly made it to my feet and raised the wolf high above my head. The creature resisted but I still managed to toss the wolf aside like a sack of potatoes. The wolf slammed head first into a pine tree.


"That's enough Hanna! I don't have time to play." I shouted.

            

Bundles of steam resonated off the wolf's body, as the creature shifted into a humanoid form. The wolf changed into a young ivory skinned girl with long curly blonde hair, which fell pass her shoulders, and piercing sky blue eyes. Hanna possessed the same slim frame as me but for some reason the boys always seemed to gravitate towards her. Maybe guys found it attractive that she was a blonde, who stood a little over five feet.


"Damn Jenna you didn't have to throw me so hard. Why do you have to play so rough?" Hanna asked, while rubbing the back of her head.


" I don't know maybe because class is starting soon. Come on Hanna I need you to act serious for a bit. I need your help getting rid of these bodies. Besides you had a hand in this as well."


"But I brought you breakfast." Hanna explained pointing to the slain deer.


"I appreciate it but I couldn't eat that even if I wanted to. I'm still full from last night." I said glancing at the remains of the bikers. "Now come on and give me a hand."

           
Like the loyal friend she was, Hanna helped me dispose of all the bodies and we did it all before the first period bell.

© 2017 Brandon Adams


Author's Note

Brandon Adams
As usual I am always accepting comments and feedback. Enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting. Loyal friend had her fangs going for her neck. There is much more to this story.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brandon Adams

5 Years Ago

Once again thank you for taking the time to read this piece. I really do appreciate it. You're so ri.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

359 Views
1 Review
Added on July 21, 2014
Last Updated on August 13, 2017
Tags: Wolf's Bane, Wolf, Werewolf, Wolf pack, High school

Author

Brandon Adams
Brandon Adams

NC



About
Hello my name is Brandon Adams and I'm here to whisk you away from reality. Writing is my passion and I specialize in creating tales of fantasy and urban fantasy. I accept any and all forms of critici.. more..

Writing