letter to my 10 year old self

letter to my 10 year old self

A Story by Vonnie15
"

a personal letter to the person I once was

"

 

Dear 10 year old me

 

You really were a pathetic excuse for a little girl. So afraid of everything and everyone. And so shy! Sometimes you still make guest appearances in my “controlled” life. You mess with my head and stop me from looking people in the eye.

 

Being a fat little girl, you were made fun of by the pretty blond girls. Skinny and popular and mean they were, even at their young age. You allowed them to tease you, because you agreed with the things they said. Other people no longer tell me that I am fat, but in the dead of night, it is your mocking voice that keeps me awake and makes me cry, just like you used to cry every day when you got home from school.

 

It is time for us to part, however. I am not you anymore and I am hereby requesting that you no longer tag along.

 

No longer yours

Me

 


 

© 2009 Vonnie15


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i also agree with your supporters, that change is good and that once young girl is now knowledgeable about her self as an adult. im proud to see someone like yourself, that has experienced so many cruelty, and grow to face the world as you are now. but i only hope you keep in mind that those problems and challenges have away of changing people so please don't forget the hardships because when that happens you might lose the value of this new brighter life that you have achieved.

thank you

Posted 9 Years Ago


Such an amazing write, filled with both a depth of pain about what was and a hopeful vision of what you are becoming. I was put down a lot as a teen and could relate to those emotional places. So well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I loved it! Time to say goodbye to your old self and welcome the future with bright eyes! (so to speak!) =P Catchy!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2009
Last Updated on October 11, 2009

Author

Vonnie15
Vonnie15

South Africa



About
01:26... darkness surrounds me...the sound of my room mate's invasive snoring and the sound of my keyboard my only company. That's what I do. I love to write. I need to write. It keeps me sane, I thin.. more..

Writing
In In

A Story by Vonnie15