Terrifying travel rantings

Terrifying travel rantings

A Story by Vonnie15
"

Honestly, travelling via motor car in Germany is a terrifying experience.

"

Travelling the roads of Germany has certainly proved a terrifying and scarring experience. One would think that in a so-called "developed, rich, first-world country of educated people and intelligent political and economic systems" the intelligent politicians and economists would decide to invest more money in road safety and less into producing thousands and thousands of liters of bottled soda water.

I honestly do not believe that I am exaggerating when I say that two-way roads in Germany are exactly the same width as the one-way streets in South Africa. When driving along these carefully planned little German roads (in our big, 9-seater vehicle) I often find myself shutting my eyes in fear, because I cannot believe that it is scientifically possible for a whole car to pass next to our van. I'll never forget the day that we were driving along one of these narrow roads (and to add to the problem, there was a lot of construction work happening along that specific road) and we passed a truck so closely that our side-view mirror actually hit the truck. Our German driver calmly continued driving as I stuck my hand out of the car window to readjust the mirror.

My second concern on the complaint agenda is this: how does the German goverment sleep at night, knowing that innocent people are often driving through fog at night, with absolutely no street lights anywhere in sight. Add to this the fact that in some areas there are curving, twisting roads that have no railings along the side, only rocky descents to certain death. To make this whole picture worse, keep in mind that it snows in Germany and we all know that snow makes the road slippery. No railings+ no street lights + snow + fog = lack of proper planning and money management.

 

 

© 2009 Vonnie15


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

interesting memory... not that i want to eperience it myself.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 11, 2009

Author

Vonnie15
Vonnie15

South Africa



About
01:26... darkness surrounds me...the sound of my room mate's invasive snoring and the sound of my keyboard my only company. That's what I do. I love to write. I need to write. It keeps me sane, I thin.. more..

Writing
In In

A Story by Vonnie15