The chainletter

The chainletter

A Story by Vonnie15
"

�Send this email to 15 people within the next 20 minutes, or else you will have bad luck in relationships for the next 10 years!�

"

 

“Send this email to 15 people within the next 20 minutes, or else you will have bad luck in relationships for the next 10 years!”
 
I hated chainletters, but people sent them to me constantly. I knew that it was just a silly superstition, but I did not want to risk having even more bad luck than I already had. Frantically, I began adding contacts from my address list to whom I could pass the curse of the chainletter. Nina…Jackie…John…yes, definatly. Jackie had sent me a chainletter the previous week. Okay, just one more contact…Jeff. Perfect. I was about to push send, grateful to have fulfilled my responsibility when the computer suddenly switched off. “No, no, no,no! This can’t be happening to me!” I screamed out in anguish. I looked at my watch and almost fell off my chair when I realised that I only had 10 minutes left before I would be cursed.
 
I checked all the plugs and connections, but nothing seemed to be wrong.I began to picture my future, completely despondent. I’d end up an old spinster with fifty cats, knitting socks for my neighbours’ grandchildren and… Just before I completely drowned in sorrow, my computer flashed back on. I was saved! There was still hope. The doorbell rang before I could send the letter, and I cursed as I got up to answer the door.
 
“Hi. I just wanted to bring this to you…” standing at my door was my boyfriend, the most unromantic person that had ever lived. He was holding a single yellow rose- the exact thing I told him I loved a few days before. I glanced back at the computer, then stepped outside closing the door behind me. The weird power and magic of my boyfriend acting completely against his usual, unromantic nature automatically cancelled out any possibility of bad luck in the future. “Let’s get out of here, Baby. Don’t you just hate chainletters…”

© 2009 Vonnie15


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

165 Views
Added on December 17, 2009

Author

Vonnie15
Vonnie15

South Africa



About
01:26... darkness surrounds me...the sound of my room mate's invasive snoring and the sound of my keyboard my only company. That's what I do. I love to write. I need to write. It keeps me sane, I thin.. more..

Writing
In In

A Story by Vonnie15