Part 2

Part 2

A Chapter by WOEFanboy

"Witness the POWER. Is it not perfect? Welcome Kato, gaze upon the destruction. It is nothing compared to what you will be a part of. I am the bringer of Darkness and YOU will be my CATALYST!"

[Pain] [Blackness]

I came back into reality gasping for air and in a panic. I could not believe what I had just seen. "Who in the hell was that" I thought.............


 

My entire body was stiff as if I had worked out too hard, and I was scared as I’d ever been.  I shuffled to the kitchen, constantly dreading seeing another note somewhere in the house.  I found some food, which wouldn’t be odd at all except for the fact that every selection was my favorite.  As you would guess I love pizza and there it was in the refrigerator.  Dr. Pepper? Check.  Grape Juice? Check.  Every single thing I enjoyed was there.  At this point I had enough of freak occurrences for one evening.  I sprinted into the bedroom and passed out on the bed.

 

Waking up I felt considerably better.  The splitting headache was gone and for the most part my body felt like it should.  At this point, I was confused about my next step.  I’m in a random mythical forest that is starless in a random cabin that is way too nice to be abandoned.  Oh, not to mention, I’m being sent random notes in Golden ink and blood and being told I am the “Catalyst” or whatever the hell that meant. 

 

So I did the same thing I used to do, I went to eat breakfast.  As I got up and changed into some sweats and T-shirt I saw a doorway, which is odd because I was certain I hadn’t seen one in that spot the night before.  It was directly on the wall across from what was now my bed.  After the night before I had resigned myself to being surprised and afraid so walking through a randomly appearing doorway? Easy. 

 

I did, however, quietly open the door as to not disturb anything that might be on the other side.  What I found was an identical bedroom to mine, and in the bed was another person!  I’m not sure how they heard me open the door but he must have because his head shot up and he said,

 

”Please don’t tell me you woke up in a field too?”

 

I reply, ”You guessed it so what exactly happened to you?”

 

I knew that he hadn’t been there beforehand and I doubted he stumbled through the house, through my room and into this one without me noticed.  So clearly something different had happened to him.

 

His whole story of waking up, body burning, glowing white, and hearing a voice was the same as mine.  Except for the fact that he couldn’t remember what the voice said, or so he says.  He also didn’t stumble to a cabin, he just remembers blacking out and waking up in the bed.

 

Looking at him I noticed a few things.  His body was in good shape like my newly transformed figure, his hair was all black, and he had grey eyes which was unsettling.  On a hunch I told him,

 

”Check yourself in the mirror you might be surprised, I surely was.”

 

He walks into his bathroom and I hear, ”What the f-! No. No. No.  This CAN’T be happening."

 

He stormed back out and shouted, ”You did this to me!  You are the problem! What the HELL did you do?!”

 

He looked like he was about to explode, but suddenly his body seemed to drain of energy and he murmured softly,

 

”I’m sorry that was…so unlike me.  I never EVER get angry like that.  I’m just in shock; do you look so different too?”

 

I reply, ”Yeah it is pretty crazy but I can’t really complain about it too much it was a definite improvement.”

 

He chuckled softly, ”Fair enough, is there a kitchen in this place?”

 

I nodded and led him to the kitchen.  We ate the classic meal of bacon and scrambled eggs in total silence.  We both had a lot to think about, and we were still 18 year olds; we needed our food.  After we were done eating I asked him if he had any notes written in his room.  When he looked confused I rose and told him to,

 

”Follow me I’ll explain.”

 

He looked very nervous but followed me to the entryway of the cabin where the table was.  As I looked at it I froze.  Sitting there, on the table, was another note written in golden ink.  I proceeded to explain to him what had happened with the notes last night as well as what the deep voice had said to me.  He just looked at me like I was crazy, as if the rest of our days hadn’t been, and asked,

 

”Well is this the same golden note from last night?”

 

”No.” I reply. 

 

We approached cautiously towards the note as if it were a wild animal, because at this point it wasn’t safe to rule something THAT crazy as a possibility.  On it was written,

 

”Tbvlxnb Zoux.  Tbvlxnb Ormuyw.    Utx xg gypb oqqypb.  Tiyvb 3 xg 5 qbnoyw.  Doyw ym vxmm owk vxmm ym doyw.  Jru byuibq toh, mxnbxwb TYVV jb mvoyw.”

 

Initially we were confused.  This was clearly not a language.  Yet, as I looked I felt something in my brain tug, and then snap.  All of a sudden I could read it clear as English.  It was CODE!  And, better yet, I could read it.  The translation was,

 

”Welcome Kato.  Welcome Austin.  Two of five arrive.  3 of 5 remain.  But either way someone WILL be slain.”

 

My first thought was, “I didn’t even ask Austin for his name…” Immediately followed by, “Who are the other 3 then and how do we find them?”  At this point I wasn’t focusing on the, “Will be slain” comment, because answers are what I wanted.

 

As my thoughts came together I turned to Austin who had the same look of revelation that I assumed I had.   We looked at each other and sat down to make a game plan.  We went over the events that led us to be in the cabin.  I filled him in on my experience, and how it was different from his.  What we eventually decided was simple, we even wrote it down on a notepad we found in a cabinet.

 

**Game Plan**

 

**1.  Explore Outside in the woods.**

 

**2.  Gather supplies.**

 

**3.  Search for others.**

 

**4.  Acquire a computer and phones.**

 

Realizing that we still weren’t quite sure what was in the house we kept searching.  We found the same rooms I’ve mentioned, so we started looking through things.  We eventually found an unlocked safe.  The weird part was that it was full.  Inside the safe we found stacks of money, as well as two smart phones.  Scratch that off of the list.

 

We agree it is as good a time as ever to leave.  We go back into our respective rooms to change.  I put on black jeans and sneakers, with the same white T-shirt and a leather jacket.  Then, and I’m not sure why, but I had the feeling I needed a weapon.  So I walked to the war room and picked up a small steel knife with a 4-in. blade.  I hid the weapon in a hidden sheath within the leather jacket.   Austin came out and told me we were ready so we were off!

 

The first big surprise came when we opened up the front door warily.  A blast of icy wind rushed into the entryway, and we were dumbstruck when we look out and saw…a street.  Where was the damn forest?!  We rushed back into the cabin looking out the windows and we still saw the woods, yet…we were not in the woods it seemed.  We talked and decided we had to leave at some point so we walked outside once again.  Venturing down the street with about $5,000 in cash we bought some must-haves.  Here is what we ended up with:

 

**-Every possible Axe product**

 

**-Really nice watches (Why not)**

 

**-Xbox 360 (Gotta stay true to you)**

**-Call of Duty Ghosts**

 

**-A few sports illustrated posters (To liven up the place)**

 

With these COMPLETELY necessary items we went home.  On a serious note we found out very important information.  One, we were in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  Two, our arrival happened in a week that a record of 17 people had been murdered in the streets by unknown causes.  Their bodies torn apart…Coincidence? I think not…………



© 2014 WOEFanboy


Author's Note

WOEFanboy
I'm only 17 please remember that!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are doing very well for a 17 year old! Keep up the good work, your only going to get better!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
1 Review
Added on August 5, 2014
Last Updated on August 5, 2014
Tags: fantasy, fun, funny, paranormal, supernatural, teen


Author

WOEFanboy
WOEFanboy

Jacksonville, FL



About
I want to write a book. I am 17 and Fantasy Fiction is my life. Please read!!! more..

Writing
Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by WOEFanboy