Soul's Journey

Soul's Journey

A Story by Ian Faraway
"

What happens when you meet a woman who knows you but you don't know them? What happens when you don't remember but your soul knows everything? Take a journey.

"

“Come with me.” Her voice was soft and even.


I opened my eyes to the view of an endless ocean in front of me and a desert of dunes behind me. My toes nestled into the golden sand of the beach, a habit I catch myself doing when I visit any kind of beach.

Finally, I focused on the woman with her hand out stretched towards me, patiently waiting for me to take it. She was standing in a small, wooden row boat in a light, white dress that seemed to flow hypnotically as the wind blew softly.


Her blue eyes stared at me steadily, showing no signs of impatience in my confusion. They glowed with unspoken wisdom and caring, her soft lips curved upwards that revealed perfectly white teeth. The wind blew again, making her flaxen hair temporarily cross her face. It didn't break her gaze away from me.

“Where?” I asked, still trying to figure out where I was.


“To a better life. Now come with me, darling.” Her voice sent a strange, calming shiver down my spine that seemed to make my heart strings pull towards her. My feet followed with hesitant steps toward the water, toward the mysterious woman.


I reached out and took her hand, causing a chill to run up my arm. She helped me get into the boat that rocked back and forth in the water and, as if on cue, the boat started to drift into the emptiness of the open ocean on its own.


“Who are you?” I decided to break the long silence after what felt like forever.


“You know who I am.” Her eyes were still locked onto me and was still smiling at me, sweetly.


“Someone I don't know.” I replied half-jokingly. She laughed and my heart skipped a beat.


“Of course you do. Its buried very deep within,” she touched my chest where my heart was, “here.”


“In my heart?” I gave her a quizzical look.


“No, silly. In your soul. It's located in your heart.” Her smile never faded.


“How would my soul know who you are?” My hand rested on her hand that was still resting against my chest. Her skin was soft and something seemed eerily familiar about her touch.


I looked at her again and there was a spark in her eyes.


“See? Your soul is starting to remember.” She said like she could read my mind.

My eyes were fixated with hers as if our eyes were dancing with each other, avoiding the question that I was trying to answer. As our eyes got lost in each other, our hands seemed to intertwine. Part of me wanted to pull away from her because I didn't understand what was happening. This woman was so familiar to me but I had no idea who she was.


“Relax, my love.” She said, sensing my unease. “Everything will become clear soon. I promise.” She reached out and touched my cheek, massaging it with her thumb.


I closed my eyes and felt a sense of security that I don't think I've ever experienced before. Any muscles that were tense, relaxed at her touch.

Suddenly, I got the strange sensation of falling. Opening my eyes, I realized I was starring up at the increasingly small bottom of the boat I was just on. Water surrounded me in all directions as I descended into the darkness. But I wasn't scared. The calmness I had on the boat stayed with me.


I landed, gently, on my back at the bottom of the ocean and laid there without moving as the sand settled back down onto the ocean floor. Confusion clouded my mind. I wasn't drowning, I could breath, and I could see.


“Get up, love.” I looked over to see her again, standing there like she was at the beach; with her white dress and her hand out stretched to me. I didn't want to get up but I did. A smiled crossed her lips again.


“What happened?” I didn't reach out to her this time. The confusion overwhelmed my awe of her.


“We're in the ocean..”


“I know that. But I'm talking and breathing. I'm not drowning. I don't feel like my head is going to explode from the water pressure.” Cutting her off.


“We're in the ocean of your soul.” She finished.


“My soul?”


“Yes. You're here to remember what your brain will never comprehend.” I was silent and unsure of how to respond.


“But an ocean? Can't I just meditate or something? Isn't my soul deep within my heart? And what am I suppose to remember?” I finally spoke.


“Me.” She smiled brightly and rocked her white dress back and forth as if gloating. “In your past lives.”


“Why?” I asked, feeling slightly overwhelmed at the thought of multiple lives.


“So you know who I am and where we're going, silly. A better life.” She reached out her hand again, waiting for me to take it. “Come on, love.”


After heaving a sigh I took a step forward and grabbed her hand, ready to search the unknown.


(To Be Continued...)

© 2014 Ian Faraway


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a lovely story!..

This is filled with a dreamy enchantment... one where souls are meant to be...
in the ocean of bliss... (sigh)...

I cannot wait to read the second part!... A creative write, Ian...

Very Romantic!~xoxo~:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Ian Faraway

9 Years Ago

Thank you. And I like your new profile pic, such a tease, as usual!
Was the detail good enough.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 11, 2014
Last Updated on June 12, 2014
Tags: metaphor, life, soul, searching, soulmate, fiction, fantasy

Author

Ian Faraway
Ian Faraway

Somewhere, NH



About
Ian Faraway is simply a pen name and is not my actual name. Here are a few things to note: 1. If you need me to read anything you've written, please feel free to PM me. Also, let me know if you.. more..

Writing
Darkness Darkness

A Poem by Ian Faraway