The Most Unperfect Perfect Kiss

The Most Unperfect Perfect Kiss

A Story by Ian Faraway
"

Sometimes, all it takes is trust and understanding.

"

            She stormed up the stairs of the apartment building with her high heels slamming down onto every step. Her red dress trying its best to keep up with her speed. She was silently cussing at herself as she went from floor to floor until she reached the forth.

            “I can’t believe I left some of my things here.” She said in disgust as she pounded on 4B. She was too busy complaining about leaving her possessions inside that she did not notice that the door was already open. Taking a deep breath she forced open the door and stormed into the three room apartment. But just as soon as she stormed in, she stopped and looked around. The floor was flooded with busted up beer bottles and broken glass with pictures of her and her ex laying across the floor.

            Even though she was still angry with him, she still felt worried. Something wasn’t right here. Her ex was never the one to drink in the apartment, he always went to bars and came home drunk. She looked around the leaving room to notice that the glass table in front of the now torn up couch was smashed.

            “Jared?” She said with concern rising in her throat. She walked to the bedroom where they use to lay next to each other night after night. But the bed was the way she left it. Turned upside down and the words she spray painted onto the wall was still there.

            “Cheater! A*****e! Douchbag!” All the rage from the night she came home to get her things and leave. A message she clearly sent to the man that made her world and crushed it. A little guilt crawled inside her stomach as she went back out to the living room towards the kitchen. On the fridge was a note that was written in a hurry in a sharpie that laid on the floor in front of it.

            “Dear however reads this, I’m a cheating b*****d who made a mistake… I make up for that mistake now. Leave a message, I might get it in hell.

                        -Jared”

            By the signature was the date May 4th. She opened her eyes and realized that today was May 4th. She exited the apartment sprinting for the stairs again. Instead of going down, she went up towards the roof access where they spent countless nights looking up at the sky.

            Sure enough, she spotted him lying face down with a beer bottle broken in his hand. She slowly approached him and craned her neck to try to his face. He grew out a beard and his eyes looked blood shot.

            “Jessica?” He grumbled under his breath. He brought up his hand to block the sun from reaching his eyes so he could see who was standing over him. He slowly sat up struggling not to fall over, all the while keeping his eyes on the girl in front of him.

            “Are you ok, Jared?” She forced a uncaring tone to enter her voice.

            “Honestly… no.” He replied in a low voice finally taking his eyes off her and looked towards the edge of the building. On sight, he looked at though he spent his nights sleepless and crying. Tears were still wet on his cheek and he looked miserable. He stood up and stumbled over by the railing.

            Jessica followed him slowly, not sure why she was still here.” I came to get my things that I left.” She said easing up on her harsh tone.

            Jared didn’t look back at her but nodded in reply,” The rest are in a box in the closet in my bedroom.”

            She turned to leave but Jared turned to look at her.” Jess?”

            She looked back at him who looked down as if in debate on whether or not to say something.” Yes?” She said in slight annoyance after a moment of silence.

            “ I wanted to say sorry for what I did. I know, you don’t think I mean it but I swear to God I didn’t expect what happened to happen.” He said with slight panic rising in his voice.

            Jessica folded her arms,” Why should I believe you? You cheated on me!” Her anger coming back to her.

            There was an eerie silence as Jared leaned against the rail and looked out towards the sunset. He looked down at the street six floors below then shook his head before looking at her.

            “I didn’t cheat on you.” He said clearly.

            “Bullshit! Sarah called me up last Friday and said you were exiting the Jazz Lounge talking to some girl! You told me you were going to a friend’s to watch a football game.” She said anger and panic taking her over.

            “It wasn’t what it looked like, Jess… I swear.” He said silently.

            “What do you mean? Huh? You were with another girl, how can it NOT look like it was?” She said with her voice rising.

            “You want to know the truth, Jess,” His voice rising with hers and taking a few steps towards her,” I went by the jewelers earlier that day and you called saying you were going shopping at the mall… guess where I was? At the mall. I didn’t want you to see me at the jewelers so I took the person helping me, who happens to be a female, out for a late lunch because I still had a lot of questions and some designs to go through from the catalog they had. You want to know the truth?” He reached into his pocket and took out a small cube looking box. He threw it by her feet and turned back around towards the sunset.

            Jessica was close to tears with anger and confusion as she leaned down and picked up the tiny box. She opened it to find an engagement ring with her name carved onto the side with a heart below it. She covered her mouth and looked at the man she broke because she thought something else was going on.

            “This would explain why you were going through my purse finding my address book.” She whispered.

            “I lost your parent’s number and I wanted to try to get it without you knowing.” He said without looking around at her.

            “I thought…” She trailed off as she looked at the engagement ring that still looked as though it was just bought and cleaned.

            “You thought wrong…” He said in a low voice.

            Jessica walked forward slowly approaching Jared whose shoulders were shaking along with most of his upper body.

            “Jared.” She said in a low tone. He turned and the tears in his eyes were streaming again.

            “You should’ve known that I would never cheat on a girl like you.” He said with his voice trembling.

            Jessica laid a hang against his cheek and kissed his forehead before lying her head on his trembling chest.” I’m sorry.”

            Slowly, she felt arms close in around her and pull her in tighter. She looked up into his blue eyes before saying,” I love you, Jared.”

            He looked back for a few moments and finally said,” Will you marry me?”

            She couldn’t help but cry herself as a smile came across her face.” Of course I will.”

            They kissed right there on the roof. Jared’s breath smelled like alcohol and his beard tickled her. But to them, it was the perfect kiss.

© 2011 Ian Faraway


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

probably the cutest thing i have ever read. a few spelling errors and akward sentences (i probably didn't even spell akward correctly) but otherwise, excellent(:

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh my gawd! I absolutely lovedddd it. It was amazing! Great job! Keep on writing! I will keep on reading

~From~
Button :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


Looks good. I stumbled over one little typo . . .
however (whoever)?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Loved it good write

Posted 13 Years Ago


i loved it and that waz the bast so keep on writing and i will read urs more that

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 26, 2011
Last Updated on January 26, 2011

Author

Ian Faraway
Ian Faraway

Somewhere, NH



About
Ian Faraway is simply a pen name and is not my actual name. Here are a few things to note: 1. If you need me to read anything you've written, please feel free to PM me. Also, let me know if you.. more..

Writing
Darkness Darkness

A Poem by Ian Faraway



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Monster Monster

A Poem by Ian Faraway