Entry #1

Entry #1

A Story by Wabbajack
"

Just some therapeutic writing to help me get through the day.

"
Do you know what a blight is? Well if you don't then I'll tell you. A blight is when a plant, such as trees or crops, gets a disease, or a fungus, and it might wither and die.
I once knew a girl, and even though I didn't know exactly what she was going through, I at least had an idea. I knew about the potential miscarriage she'd had when I first started talking to her. I knew that she was at a low point in her life when she thought nobody cared. I knew that she had lost hope, but that which is lost can be found again. 
I knew that she was patching up a shaky relationship with her ex for the sake of her son.
But I also knew that I had helped improve her quality of life, whether it was on a small scale or large I still am unsure. Yet I hope that I taught her something worthwhile, that dawn is just a heartbeat away and that hope is just a sunrise away. I hope that I taught her to fight through this blight and find the light at the end. 
She left. She disappeared from my life. Perhaps it was because part of me wanted her to. I'd lost people before, to much worse things. Unspeakable things that some do to themselves. Things that leave a mark on those who try their hardest to save them. Yes, presumably she left because I wanted her to live her life instead of wasting it away on me. And so, my dreams slept with her, until a time came when I could finally let her go.
That is how I work, after all. It's my curse for all the terrors I'd inflicted upon others when I was younger. I find someone with a problem, pop into their lives and heal them with all the compassion and love that I have. When they don't need me anymore, I fade into the background until they're gone. I never stop loving, and I never forget those whose hearts I've touched. I'm a borrowed heart, and I live for those moments. 
But if she doesn't need her hero anymore, then it's best that I let her go, and let her live her life. 
This is me letting go. If she ever needs me again, I'll be around to help her out... in one form or another...
As for the rest, I do what I can for them. They'll never be her, but perhaps one day I'll meet someone better. 
Yes, one day I'll know a girl, and even though I won't know exactly what she's going through...
I'll at least have an idea.

© 2014 Wabbajack


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is quite refreshing to read. It illustrates a bleeding heart of gold. Such a lovely sentiment. Great write!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wabbajack

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the review :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Added on March 25, 2014
Last Updated on March 25, 2014
Tags: Love, joy, hope, heartbreak, moving on, relationships

Author

Wabbajack
Wabbajack

Boone, IA



About
I like to write. And other things... I'm not talking about them right now. ITS TIME TO SAVE THE REALM! RESCUE THE DAMSEL! SLAY THE BEAST! ...or die trying. ^^ You know you love the Sheo. Anyone an.. more..

Writing
Mundan Mundan

A Story by Wabbajack