The People Of San Francisco

The People Of San Francisco

A Story by The Twin Arenas
"

Home of Jokes error 003

"
I called time and stepped out.
"Anybody feel that?" I said.  "It's a f****n' quake!  It's the big one!"
Ump backs out and f****n' immediately calls the police, there are fans, behind me, and they hear what I say, and, f**k, they're f*****g losing it.  Maybe they were there for the first one, or, like, because of terror, but they are losing it.  They are weeping, just weeping.  One of them, this man, he's just stricken.  Stricken.  Frozen with fear.  Ok, so, f**k, I know I fucked up.
I grab the ump, and I'm like, "It was a f*****g joke, ump.  I'm sorry, like...I thought this was San Francisco, Home of Jokes."  He clutches his heart, and, like, I mean, there's panic in the stadium.  People are trying to get out because of social media and everything.  It's crazy.  So, the game is called.  The ump was fine.
The next f*****g day, I mean, it's everywhere, of course.  Just, like, huge news.  It was on twitter or whatever as an earthquake, and then people were saying it was a terrorist attack, and then people were saying it was an earthquake caused by terrorists.  This was in, like, I don't know, fifteen seconds?  Me making the joke, and then the ump calling the cops, and everyone behind me in the stands just, like, freaking out?  It was, like, fifteen seconds.
So the Mayor of San Francisco, the next day, I have to go to this thing downtown.  At city hall.  I'm still in my baseball uniform!  The mayor is there, and everyone is pissed off.  So pissed off.  To me, like, it was a joke.  F**k, it wasn't a good joke, but, like, I don't know.  The mayor drags me out in front of everybody, and everybody is pissed.  He makes this proclamation about how I ripped the scab off the '89 Quake, and how awful I was for what I'd done to the people of San Francisco, all of this s**t, like on and on.  I guess people were really f*****g scared.
I'm sentenced to prison!  He sentences me right there and boom I'm in prison!  I guess mayors can do this?  This thing with the mayor, like, it was fucked up.  There was bunting everywhere.  Boom.  I'm in f*****g prison.
They put me in with this guy, and later, like, at night time, he's like, "Hey, you're the guy that made that joke, right?"
And I'm like, "Yeah."
He leans in a bit and he's like, "Check this out.  You'll think this is funny," and he pulls this box out from under his bed and there's a human head in it, like, a new dead head.  It looked brand new, but like, y'know?  Dead.  
I was like, "Holy s**t, man."
Then later I was thinking and like, our jokes were basically the same.

© 2014 The Twin Arenas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Got a good laugh out of this. Style is fun, I enjoyed the copious amounts of 'f**k' and 'like'

Posted 8 Years Ago


This was pretty good. You dirty, twisted, son of a b***h.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I am going to take drugs, and try this again.

-Robin

Posted 9 Years Ago


Hahahahahah this was pretty damn hilarious. Absurd and hilarious like a dorito pie. I like this man !!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Chadvonswan

9 Years Ago

Seriously. Words, that you typed with your fingers (probably), produced an audible "laugh" somewhere.. read more
The Twin Arenas

9 Years Ago

great to think about, no doubt.
Crusty Pizza Stain

9 Years Ago

he said dorito pie
Wild. It pulls the reader in and like I'm in the context and colloquialism or whatever. I feel like I'm missing something but only because I read it so fast. If I spent more time with it, I feel certain that I would get whatever it is I'm missing or left out with respect to. Thanks,

Posted 9 Years Ago


The Twin Arenas

9 Years Ago

Yeah, I don't often write prose, though I used to when I was a kid. I dunno. The idea of a basebal.. read more
Hahaha this is great! Though the swearing was a little much in my opinion.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Holy...that was a twisted plot/ride...sent my batty for a while...surreal and prose like with consciousness filtered within and yet a twisted smile along the way, epic! xo

Posted 9 Years Ago


Been a little obtuse at times..... there is an article on the psycology today website entitled "the perils of comparative thinking", I have express my satissfaction and agreement when it comes to your poetry. So I also have to continue along that line becuase the plot still well cemented within that moment were you makes is compare and then try to extrapolate in the hope that some of us "thickos" (brit slang for poor intellectualism) will get it. The differencehowever with your poetry is that language here plays a bigger role and you decided to write it dow as if would have come to you. Assuming for the sake of "normality" hence the swearing (a little excessive in my view) and all the grammatical crotches. I am aware that they are intentional and hence you "thought about them" I just don't think they add to the great nature of the riddles you pose.
As for theme very creative! and in your usual manner it made me smile and loosen up a little, especially the "brand new head" bit.

It reminded me of that song from the Bee Gees: I started a joke.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rene Salinas

9 Years Ago

Nothing of what you write could be considered under the word "straight" I would have gone for words .. read more
The Twin Arenas

9 Years Ago

ah, c'mon. big strokes man!
ZackOfBridge

9 Years Ago

I agree with Rene Salinas. I thought it was a pretty good joke on both accounts.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 16, 2014
Last Updated on October 16, 2014
Tags: error 003

Author

The Twin Arenas
The Twin Arenas

Edmonton, Canada



About
Lost in the twin arenas. error 003 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Don't Mind I Don't Mind

A Story by Alex