Train Death

Train Death

A Story by The Twin Arenas
"

the fewtch

"
He was thirsty and distracted by it enough to think and miss the railing and get dragged under the wheels of the train.  Had he lived, in less than a week he would've realized he didn't love her a bit.

"Runnin' for it, was he?" asked the yardmaster, picking bones off the track.  "Happens all the time, happens all the time."

© 2014 The Twin Arenas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What to say? What to say? I don't know. I'm speechless. I can't help but think I'd hate to witness that or be the one he was convinced he loved. I wonder if he realized that just before the end. Did he question what he was doing? Probably not according to the yardmaster. No one ever learns. Well they don't get the chance to correct it anyways. This is a good story. I like it. Gruesome and short, yes, but there's so much there. I guess I wasn't speechless afterall.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I is always so suprising how we seem to be surrounded by a sleeping sort of conciousness in daily Life. Never quite in the moment so to speak and so much so that like through the revealing nature of this writing we are left open and exposed. Interesting then is not so much the fact that the situation was deadly but the fact that it was the magnitude and the impact of the external action that would have finally triggered the clarity of emotion.

More like running from it!

I found this very clever. Running from your won prision. So well crafted even you don't even know what you're running from.

Thank You.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Solid prose friend. You should fill a book with these moments.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Gruesome.
What many realizations the dead might have been given,
had death not decided to abruptly end their supply.
Introspective.
-VM

Posted 9 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 30, 2014
Last Updated on December 30, 2014

Author

The Twin Arenas
The Twin Arenas

Edmonton, Canada



About
Lost in the twin arenas. error 003 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..