I Can't Believe It's Gone

I Can't Believe It's Gone

A Story by Skye
"

oooo Samantha lost her ring

"
"Samantha, it's gone."
A pretty girl with a curtain of dark hair paid him no heed and continued to pick her way through the sand. 
"It has to be here, James! I set it right here." She jabbed the spot with her foot for emphasis. 
Her brother rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "If it's not there, then obviously it's somewhere else." The contempt in his voice was prominent. He didn't care for his little sister's fiance, and for her to be fussing over losing the ostentatious band annoyed him. For all James cared, he deserved to lose the money that was spent on it. 
Samantha turned a pair of helpless blue eyes on him, her full bottom lip threatening to tremble. "How am I supposed to tell Dominic I lost my engagement ring?" For all the crap James talked about him, Samantha loved her soon to be husband, even if he didn't know he loved her. She was adamant that he would soon see how much he really did care for her, and not just her beautiful face. 
"Tell him a fish ate it, I don't care. Let's go." James took a hold of the cooler handle by his feet and began to drag it toward their jeep which was parked a little ways off. 
The girl had just gotten it in her mind that she would never find it and was about to follow him when a glinting caught her eye. 
It took only a minute for Samantha to realize the gold band was her ring. 
"James!" She called excitedly, "I found it! It's over here!" 
Samantha started toward it, a slightly hysterical giggle bubbling up. Relief was clear in her smile.
But was short lived, a small sand-colored crab popped its head up as she neared. The glittering gem had attracted its attention, and it wasn't going to leave it behind. Snapping its claws at Samantha, the crab skittered quickly across the sand. 
She realized too late what its intentions were. 
"No! No, you stupid crab! It's mine!" But the girl was too scared to relinquish her fingers to the pain of being pinched. Almost mocking, It snapped once, then twice at the ring before hooking it and disappearing down the hole. With her ring. 
Samantha simply starred, unable to completely comprehend that she had just lost to a crustacean. Slowly, she made her way back over to her brother. 
"Told you a fish ate it." He snickered. The remark caught her attention  and she punched him lightly on the arm, a smile curving her own lips. 
"Oh, shut up." She was sure Dominic would understand, at least, she thought he would. 
But in the back of his mind, James was slightly apprehensive and feared the next time he would see Samantha, she wouldn't be exactly the same girl that was laughing beside him now. 

© 2012 Skye


Author's Note

Skye
Just a little story I wrote the other night. Tell me what you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is cute, I love it. For once, I shall be nice because I have nothing bad to say about it other than it was random xD

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ella

11 Years Ago

Extremely random xD and nice
Skye

11 Years Ago

*bows* Thank you lol xD
Ella

11 Years Ago

xD Welcome
really pretty and light and funny showz off your talent but then ends with a dark- almost miysterious last few sentences

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really like it! It's very light and funny; short enough to keep me interested, but long enough to show off your excellent writing skills! Amazing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


What a fun and humerous piece! Loved it =D

Posted 11 Years Ago


You should continue this! It's one of those stories that i want to read more of.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I enjoyed reading this story. I liked the way you portrayed the characters in a few lines and the idea of placing a crab on the scene. It is a lively atmosphere.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I think it's great..and I am worried for Samantha..

Posted 11 Years Ago


I'm going to be honest and say put something in it to make it interesting. I think the next few chapters will cover that though!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

381 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 30, 2012
Last Updated on July 30, 2012

Author

Skye
Skye

Virginia Beach, VA



About
Sometimes, I forget my passion underneath the demands of life and want of perfection. Then there are those nights where everything is clear, and I can't help but write what I feel. I love meeting .. more..

Writing
Stereotypes Stereotypes

A Poem by Skye