Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by WanderingDavid
"

Kyle describes finding Tiffany's body.

"

Kyle locked the door to the storage area where he had put the mental health unit’s bed, and then hustled downstairs to clock out, grab his jacket and head for home. It was ten before six, so he would get about fifty minutes of overtime. Nice.


He opened the door to the Facilities Management workroom, flicked the light switch on, and strode to the timeclock. 


Out of the corner of his eye, something was out of place. He turned to look. There was someone lying by the trash bins. 


“Hello?” he asked, stepping towards her. It was too late to not look, to unsee the crumpled skull, the red and gray pulp of brain tissue, black hair with a white stripe, whisper of a girl’s face with thick scarlet liquid streaked and pooling. Kyle turned and, falling to his knees, vomited into the wastebasket. Keeping his back to the horror, he clambered back to his feet, unconsciously wiping his mouth with his hand and then on his pants, and stepped to the phone. He dialed the med/surg nursing station, “Crystal? Crystal, it’s Kyle, Kyle in Facilities Management. I’m down in the workroom. There’s a dead girl here. In the Facilities Management workroom! Yes, in the basement. Call the police!” Kyle stumbled out of the workroom, closed the door, then fell back against it, hands on his knees, breathing heavily.


Within a minute or two, Crystal came down. “The police are on the way, but I need to check,” she said. Kyle nodded and she opened the door and went in. Seconds later, she came back out. “She’s dead. I’ll send the police down when they get here. Don’t let anybody else go in.”


Kyle recognized the girl as one of the three that had just escaped from the mental health unit. He sat on the hallway floor with his back against the door and wondered why she was down here in his workroom in the hospital basement and who killed her?



© 2016 WanderingDavid


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Has the makings of a good whodunnit. For me the policeman is not a very sympathetic character so I don't know if I'll care about his success, or otherwise, in finding the murderer. Perhaps he'll change and mature as a character during the story? I'll definitely be following this yarn.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Has the makings of a good whodunnit. For me the policeman is not a very sympathetic character so I don't know if I'll care about his success, or otherwise, in finding the murderer. Perhaps he'll change and mature as a character during the story? I'll definitely be following this yarn.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoy the story! Whoever set up this website made it harder to read the story. I like the style of writing, although not a murder mystery fan, it was easy to get involved in the story.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Very well written . I enjoy the details of the scene.It helps get you invested in what Kyle is experiencing .

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WanderingDavid

7 Years Ago

Thanks for looking at my writing! As you know, it helps a lot to hear what other people think.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 18, 2016
Last Updated on October 18, 2016


Author

WanderingDavid
WanderingDavid

About
I retired a few years ago after more than thirty years working as a consultant and executive in health care. My wife, dog and I now live out of our Subaru and travel (or grandpuppy sit) full-time. I h.. more..

Writing