Collective Ignorance

Collective Ignorance

A Poem by The Warrior Poet

Pop culture is collective ignorance where people band together to adore the detestable and hide behind one another in the shower so they won’t get wet.

 

I’m not truly certain what reality is or is not - but for a society that generally believes in an immortal, all powerful being - how can these mundane fools be so close-minded to other things

© 2010 The Warrior Poet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I often wonder the same~ I've watched the pop culture through decades insidiously grip the young by throat and shake all thoughtful and critical thinking modes right out of them~
to me personally it's horrifying watching the dumbing down/numbing down of a nation~ indeed a world~
stupidity and laziness are infectious~intelligence is devalued for the latest celebrity porn tape~ compassion is throtled and tossed to the gutter for the brand new Wii~ and all shapes of morality crunched beneath prada heels~
all I coul do in this infestation is idiocy is to assure that both my daughters were raised to be givers with a solid moral compass~ and not takers~

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 11, 2010
Last Updated on November 11, 2010

Author

The Warrior Poet
The Warrior Poet

NJ



About
I am a combat veteran paratrooper and I've been writing since 1984. I was chosen by my English teacher as good candidate for Creative Writing and had to get a waiver to get into the class because my .. more..

Writing