Ice

Ice

A Chapter by FrozenTears

When I first woke up, all I saw was white. I thought that it was snowing and that my uncle threw me into a blizzard, which was something I basically expected these days. Then I realized that it wouldn’t make any sense as it was summer. I blinked a few times and the white disappeared, leaving myself with a bland sight of the unpainted room, with the wall that was starting to chip apart.

I got out of the thin mattress I’ve slept in for 10 years and started to changed into a white shirt and pants. I looked at the clock that stood right next to my mattress. It was 6:20, breakfast isn’t until 7:00. I could hear the neighbors on the other side of the wall watching some videos I’ll never understand. My uncle never allowed me to use any sort of electrical device. He said it’ll bring misfortune later on…..which so I assume he is unaware of the misfortune he brings me now.

I stared out the window filled with so many cracks that I’m surprised it is still capable of holding the glass together, and felt the cool breeze of wind blowing in. This was one of the only things in the summer that reminds me of winter, and my name.

Winter….my name’s Winter. Winter Li. I hated that name. It was something that kicks farmers out of business for three month and have bears sleeping for three months. My hands are always frigid, no matter how long I put it over the heater. Even when I think about hating my name, I felt my soul being stabbed by millions of icicles.

I continued staring about through the window. The wind was really picking up, tearing off leaves from trees, petals from roses, grasses from dirt, all heading towards my direction. Too much colors coming in, I thought, as I quickly closed the blinds.


© 2018 FrozenTears


Author's Note

FrozenTears
This is only chapter 1, so it's short

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on March 28, 2018
Last Updated on March 28, 2018


Author

FrozenTears
FrozenTears

Writing
Life Life

A Chapter by FrozenTears


Art Art

A Chapter by FrozenTears