What it would be like to be a tree.

What it would be like to be a tree.

A Poem by Loui SE

08.12. 14

I wonder what it would be like to be a tree.

What it would be like to sway in the wind with no haste or worry.

Firmly rooted in the womb of mother earth

Steadily observing the whispers, washed ashore by the wind, of worlds far away.


No strain to keep their balance.

No muscles or joints to keep them moving, even their breath a motionless resurrection.

their pulmonary alveoli hanging in midst air.


The only thing akin to us,

their vigorous veins flowing through their rigid tissue

and the deeply engraved life in their seasoned skin.


Their sturdy body shaping them from the past, each life circle a fossilised image of who they once were, who they will never loose to be and what they were always destined to become.


No reason to think about their course, because the only way to go is up.

I wonder what the sky looks like always seen from the same angle.

The movement of the clouds teetering to the dance of sun, moon and stars, the only constant being themselves.

I wonder what dreams are like if everything always stands still, only getting smaller.


I wonder if when you only get one point of view if others even matter. 


I wonder if a tree could see, where its eyes would be and if it would mind to notice me.


Would I matter? Or would I be just a thing that comes and goes like all else does.


Maybe the only thing the company of a tree can teach me is to be alone and that nothing really matters for if you are rooted to grow is not an obstacle.

ernst fuchs

Ernst Fuchs

© 2015 Loui SE


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on June 10, 2015
Last Updated on June 27, 2015

Author

Loui SE
Loui SE

Vienna, Vienna, Austria



Writing
Deserted Deserted

A Poem by Loui SE


Our streets. Our streets.

A Poem by Loui SE