Finding Home

Finding Home

A Poem by YouoweYoupay
"

What do you know of cities?

"



Finding Home

...

Your Fascination 
Like that of a child
With faded exhales
And showers of light
But your sweet little palms
Stretch in glee 
And they are lost
In your photograph
What do you know of cities so proud and bland?
Of white birch trees and stolen lands?
No one will craft you a compass.

...

© 2014 YouoweYoupay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have lived in multiple cities and they all have their own personalities conveyed everywhere in little ways. At the same time they are so hard to get to know, because we like to ignore these little depictions of the city, because they are often disheartening. Cities put harsh reality on full display.

I of course could be taking your meaning in writing these words, in a different way than intended, but I feel like you described this so well. I have often been the "little palms...lost in {the} photograph" and residing in ignorance.

I enjoyed the read!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Wow. Deep meaning and understanding.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Reading this a couple of times, I can see there's a profound meaning to it, and I like it. It makes the reader think and ask questions about what it's all about. Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
This is just perfect. Like feeling be home. Feel me happy and feel me nice.

Posted 7 Years Ago


finding home, there's really no sense of direction when you have no home, like how this piece comes together. thank you for sharing

Posted 7 Years Ago


The strong description create questions and thoughts.
"What do you know of cities so proud and bland?
Of white birch trees and stolen lands?"
Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Beautifully written, loved reading this piece. Well done!

Kaze~

Posted 9 Years Ago


fade exhales and showers of light. Beautiful.

Posted 9 Years Ago


You could buy a map, a history book, hire a guide throughout the city, and explore yourself . . . But nobody could truly tell you the unending effort put into the construction of cities so proud and tall. The passion felt by the builders and the people as they erect their own cities upwards. The journey it took to create the city itself, and the tale of how a concept became a thriving center of human attention . . .

"No one will craft you a compass." It has never been truer. Well done!

Posted 9 Years Ago


No one will craft my compass? Hey I paid 89.99 for this dang thing and I better get my money's worth! You promised me direction! Where's your manager I want to complain! Argh!
Oh wait, I realized I missed the fine print. "Compasses may or may not be metaphorical." Darn it.
This one is short but it is a very strong contender for best poem of June 12, 2014. So congrats there. Keep pumping out those awesome poems, Rain!

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

905 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 12, 2014
Last Updated on June 12, 2014
Tags: poem, art, love, hate, home, journey, travel, lost, found, story, poetry, wella, rain, youowe, youpay, facebook, birch, camera, happiness, smile, photograph, future, past, memories

Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay