The Madam

The Madam

A Poem by YouoweYoupay
"

But colors are not always what they seem

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Madam

 

 

Sometimes I'd cleave to an arched sword in one hand, its edges tarnished by the melancholy of time. I'd hold it close to the left piece of my chest.

 

Sometimes I'd glower at a beautiful outline mocking my patience, the light aura around her tangling my concepts, to make me mistake her soft whisper and artificial warmth for the sun.

 

At first glance, nothing compliments her smile like a violet hat, the autumn sunrays, and a floral white cup of scented green tea. 

 

Her voice is welcoming, but her forest green eyes threaten to drop what is in her palm, a precious insignia of delicate glass veins streamed with the blood of those I love.

 

My arched sword aimed at her enticing, half-hearted but ill-intentioned grin, sometimes I'd sprint forward, forcing a deep roar like that of a scarred warrior, racing to shatter her false reflection, her well-spun cocoon, for closed doors frighten me, tease my curiosity of what lies behind.

 

Barely dodging the venom shooting from the fine strings of her long pineapple-yellow hair the blade swings, slashing the unseen arms circling in the air to reach into my raw core.

 

Her sadness and fear envelope me, trap me and congeal the vital breath in crest of my lungs.

 

My eyelids jump open with a gasp vanishing with the silence of the night, the spot where I have been resting dappled with a lukewarm shadow.

 

Sometimes I'd meet her in my dreams. We would greet one another with conflicting beliefs.

Colors.

Hers clean white, and mine dimmed silver.

 

Sometimes I'd meet her in my dreams.

Clashing in a battle where one is meant to fall.

But colors are not always what they seem,

Their false shades victoriously rinsed by the rain after all.

© 2011 YouoweYoupay


Author's Note

YouoweYoupay
This can symbolize many things, including the eternal and internal battle of the righteous and the treacherous. What do you think?

The Madam is a main character in a fantasy, young adult book I'm currently working on, check it out when you've got the time, also, follow the Madam on Facebook, Myspace, or Twitter. No the last sentence was kind of a joke. lol

Link: http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/Wella-D./630215/

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lovely job. I can't wait to read more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


? sorry i don't understand this

Posted 13 Years Ago


You have a knack for descriptions beyond beautiful words. "Sometimes I meet her in my dreams we would greet one another with conflicting beliefs." This line shows truth outside of dreams as well! Great write! Absolutely!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hello,

I do love the little tid bit you gave here, and do look forward to the book that you are currently working on. You have yourself a solid path and I am happy to see you walking down said path. It is your place. Great work,

Always,

Matthew

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wonderful piece. Great imagery and you told this tale very well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


"At first glance, nothing compliments her smile like a violet hat, the autumn sunrays, and a floral white cup of scented green tea" Your mastery over the language in this piece is nothing short of astounding. You've managed to up the word power and not get too extravagant (something i always do). You have my respect for that.

Absolutely vivid piece you've created here! I'm all for it! *APPLAUSE*

Posted 13 Years Ago


superbly woven through internal soul-searching landscapes to lead us to a place of fear and courage, hostile and cowed, pensive and brutal. Is this but the voicing of our own thoughts as we assay ourselves to ourselves, gazing in life's mirror?

The counterpointing of vivid warrior aggression against meek unprotected innocence is a powerful aphrodisiac! Very well do you write Wella! Always are you impressive in my experience

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well told.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I totally invisoned myself studying a beautiful but lifeless woman sipping tea...i just had this enchanting image of a classic european scene. wonderful work!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is amazing!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

615 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on March 26, 2011
Last Updated on April 27, 2011
Tags: evil, good, poem, magic, love, hate, darkness, light, sadness, fear, story, husky and me

Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Silhouette Silhouette

A Chapter by YouoweYoupay