Broken Apology

Broken Apology

A Poem by YouoweYoupay
"

A broken apology is worse than a broken promise.

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A broken apology is worse than a broken promise.

 

An apology and a warm hug, to dry the flooded eyes and cool the scorched flesh.

Just to end up bitterly weeping again with skin that burns with invisible fire.

 

An apology and a feeble, irrisistable smile, suggesting a fresh blank page, generous kisses on the forehead and a chest one can lean against and sigh their misery into.

Just to be thrown away across the room with a new, dispecable misery as company.

 

An apology and an oath never to hold the dagger again, an oath to mend the sliced heart and stiffen the limp shoulders.

Just to end up stabbed, sliced, and curled in an insecure blood-smudged ball.

 

An apology and a toast to a home free of ignorance and abuse.

Just to end up pressed against the bedroom carpet, under a filthy shoe.

 

An apology and a plea. To let it all go forgotten with the morning sea.

Just to start another day being shaken in bed, screamed at, and emptied of all stability.

 

A broken apology is worse than a broken promise.

 

All that toxin of hell badly stitched inside... is cut loose again.

© 2011 YouoweYoupay


Author's Note

YouoweYoupay
*Image: Poor Man's Apology
*by *surrealeye
*Link: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&q=apology#/d26plhz

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I feel the emotion in this piece... Perhaps when someone says they're sorry, at that moment, they mean it.... Destructive behavior, I know, is difficult to break.... Wow . I think in relationships, it's best to close the door once they hurt us....I know, easy to say, yes? But it's true.... Most of the time, lies and deception recur ...again and again. Love the line: 'A broken apology is worse than a broken promise.' Really provides much food for thought... Nicely written, my friend.



Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
a dark and thoughtful piece..how many sorry's are said without any meaning behind them..really poignant..

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW! I do know this to be true. I think we spend most of our lives saying Sorry but never really meaning it to begin with. These "broken apologies" only add to the devastation and disappointment we bring when we say lies in the first place. This is raw emotional truth here! And I loved reading it! Thanks for sharing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thumbs up friend! This is oh-so-true! I couldn't protest in each and every line. And it is so heartbreaking :((

Posted 13 Years Ago


yea painful but powerful poem here

Posted 13 Years Ago


So true and it hurts alot....

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

But it is all so true, how much more it hurts when you break an apology. So much more is destroyed. Love the work.

Regards,

Matthew

Posted 13 Years Ago


I am always intrigued by what you write. Your perspective seems seasoned and unashamed. I love that about you!

Posted 13 Years Ago


When someone apologizes and has every intention of repeating the offense it is heartbreaking. Very well penned.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. You write with such beauty and preciseness and I love it. I completely agree with what you said: A broken apology is worse than a broken promise.
Genuine honesty doesn't come around much these days.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1027 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 9, 2011
Last Updated on April 21, 2011
Tags: hurt, poem, feelings, emotional, bad, hell, pain, tears, promise, love, apology, sorry, bleed

Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..