I've Read That Before *Yawn*...

I've Read That Before *Yawn*...

A Poem by YouoweYoupay
"

Cliches I've spotted in prose and poetry

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

- The sky is crying

 

- Torn Apart

 

- bleeding / shattered/ empty heart

 

- It hurts

 

- Smiling on the outside, crying on the inside

 

- My heart races / aches

 

- I'm broken

 

- We melted into a kiss

 

- Dead inside

 

- Falling/ flowing/ streaming tears

 

- Lost after you've left

 

- You tore my heart out

 

- Sick of all the lies

 

- Crying in the night

 

- Misery is my company

 

- Touch the stars

 

- Kissed by the rain

 

- crying under the rain (and all that rain drama...)

 

- poems where pain is ended with a razor and author smiles as they depart life.

 

- lovey dovey poems with descriptions about a precious boyfriend/girlfriend that are obviously out of personal experience (i find those boring, and most of the time I turn down such requests)

 

- Poems about someone being dumped. I see alot of those. I'm sick of them.

 

- Poems about the wind, the grass, and the sky all desrcibed in a banal way.

 

- Poems about 'the pain'

 

- Poems about being 'all alone'

 

- Poems about a pretty girl (mostly girlfriend) described in sickening sweet perfection.

 

- Stories about wolves or vampires and girls falling in love with the categories (Twilight has been dominating long enough...seriously, people)

 

- Poems about flying...they make me airsick

 

- Poems about sexual fantasies

 

- Extreme poems about sexual/ physical abuse...eek

 

- Poems about dancing around and believing that a girl can be pretty, witty, sexy and seduce all the men in the world, and that she should be proud of that... I've seen a couple of those and they irritated me.

 

- Poems about first/true love

 

- Poems about a haunted house

 

- Stories/ poems about teens rebelling against parents/family and feeling they are an outcast....countless of these.

 

- Poems about one-sided love/crushes

 

- Poems about roses, flowers, and the rest of the colorful spring bouqet

 

- Poems about feeling ugly, fat, stupid, and the rest of the low-self-esteem pacakge.

 

- Poems about crying, then remembering, then crying some more.

 

- Poems about the moon

 

- Poems about being overjoyed after hearing the most precious three little words...yeep thats right 'I LOOVE YOUUU'

 

- Poems about the perfect night out.

 

- Poems about betrayal.

 

- Poems about what love is and how it affects us insignificant creatures.

 

- Poems about snow/ the sea/ and the rain

 

- Poems about ' the past ' and all the ' i wish i can erease it' drama.

 

- Poems about hope...sometimes they jus make you roll your eyes, not charge you with positive energy.

 

 

© 2011 YouoweYoupay


Author's Note

YouoweYoupay
Um...I can't think of more, but if I do remember more cliches I'll add them here.
And one more thing, do not leave rude comments just because you do not like my prospective, or because you take it personally. I did not specify any writers here. I'm just ranting, scribbling my own thoughts. If I ever wanted to specify people, I'd be the first on the list, since I'm guilty of some cliches.

*Image: Bored
*by ~Nutthead
*Link: http://nutthead.deviantart.com/art/Bored-87346861?q=boost%3Apopular%20bored&qo=13

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You're going to ruffle some feathers with this one! I defintely agree (I even posted a Recipe For Bad Poetry on Writers Cafe a few days ago), there needs to be more originality on here and in poetry in general. Perhaps the pseudo-stagnant nature of poetry is why non-writers are only aware of poets long dead?

How about adding in the pointless use of archaic English? Thou mightest perchance be rewarded with thine very own Writers Cafe crown!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Agreed. I feel a bit split in half on how to review it. Should I lecture you on the real meaning of art or shall I simply agree because I know that it happens? I don't know. *shrugs*

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

After reading this, seems all of my writing is cliche.
You covered most every subject !
Well done..

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


Amen sister, Amen.
Though I'm guilty of one or two, I do them as a request for someone else or just to make my friends laugh.
It's refreshing to find someone that is annoyed with Twilight as I am. Seriously, Stephanie Meyer is a good writer and everything but she's just giving vampires a bad name. Dracula's ashamed to be anywhere that Edward Cullen has shown his face and glittery-ness.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh no! All my worst fears have been confirmed!



Posted 13 Years Ago


Haha. You make me laugh. Yup, almost everything is a cliche now, even self harm. I'm guilty of a few of these (especially as far as teh poetry goes) but I hope that even if the subject or premise was cliche, I at least broke the mold with style or perspective. But probably not. Since we're young writers, most of us write about things. Sometimes only experience and wisdom can help us break it.

"- lovey dovey poems with descriptions about a precious boyfriend/girlfriend that are obviously out of personal experience (i find those boring, and most of the time I turn down such requests)" Me too. My ability to support young or new writers can only take so much.

Enough of vampires. At least Twilight was semi-original, as far as writing it for young people, hough I think Anne Rice is a much better writer of vampire love stories, adn she was writing it much longer than Meyers.

Your last one made me laugh. I guiltily agree with you. More often than not, I just roll my eyes.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

no wait.....writing about a donkey isn't cliche right?...or an alien? XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


...I just realized that all my poems are cliche XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


You're going to ruffle some feathers with this one! I defintely agree (I even posted a Recipe For Bad Poetry on Writers Cafe a few days ago), there needs to be more originality on here and in poetry in general. Perhaps the pseudo-stagnant nature of poetry is why non-writers are only aware of poets long dead?

How about adding in the pointless use of archaic English? Thou mightest perchance be rewarded with thine very own Writers Cafe crown!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I would be right there with you. I should list the titles that are on this list. Because people might acually check me out. I think this is brilliant and I wish i had thought of it. It original. It's TRUE!

Great Job. Don't quit this. I want more.

I have to say more...

This is the best thing I have read. Thank you!

Bravo,

Matthew

100 / 100

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 14, 2011
Last Updated on April 14, 2011
Tags: poem writing cliche repeated bor

Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..