On a Cloud

On a Cloud

A Chapter by YouoweYoupay
"

Thoughts that come across during a calm moment

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Why do people represent dreams and wishes with stars one strives to touch? Things in front of our eyes can sometimes be difficult enough to reach.

 

-Keep each sweet rose pressed in a different book page. But never slip a fresh rose in between greyish dried petals. For the ancient scent of memories should never blend with that of the present.

 

-Driving on a video game screen and driving on black silt are very similar. Their steers are not tricky to handle until the streets are crowded with other vehicles.

 

-Do let the sight of glossy blades of grass please your eyes and beg you to sit and sprawl with a leisurly breath but never think about what might crawl across your skin. For fear consumes the spirit and is an omen that just might take hold of its captive.

 

-Do not run away or deride your twin behind the mirror. What a man sees in your eyes is what you see in your own reflection.

 

-The other evening, my father praised the presence of my sibling, for it gives him joy. And when I asked about how he feels when I'm near by he answered: "I feel similar to when it's raining outside the window pane." It never occured to me before, but I was not upset, and I asked if he felt the same way. He said: "I love the rain. And I also fear it."

 

-Would you rather have a dearly loved one tell you to get out of their lives, or would you rather receive news about their sudden death in a car crash?

 

-Happy endings are sugary, cliche, and overrated, so are tragic endings. Now adays, people tend to focus their attention on unfinished stories with confusing last scenes.

 

-How come we are so fascinated with extratarestrials and aliens when the present world we live in is swarming with listless, mysterious people who treat their neighbors as if each is from a distant planet?



© 2012 YouoweYoupay


Author's Note

YouoweYoupay
*Image Title: walking on air.
*By: ~bleed-for-me-darling
*Link: http://bleed-for-me-darling.deviantart.com/art/walking-on-air-115409016?q=boost%3Apopular%20walking%20on%20air&qo=19

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thought provoking write..... I especially like the last stanza. You capture the everyday well here, and it made me think and smile, so I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"For the ancient scent of memories should never blend with that of the present."

Loved this line...it was surreal.
Your writing always hits base...it's very sublime and well crafted. The wisdom it contains too is astounding.

I loved this piece...alot of truths here.

~M.Babu~

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very encentric,i agree with every word


Posted 12 Years Ago


Hm, are all of these quotes you made up? They are very good and thoguht provoking! great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


the world without is so often viewed from the perspective of the world within, oh so through the tinted lenses of colored glasses. so few possess the ability to step outside of their own "little world" and actually LOOK at the world around them and consider how it may look from the viewpoint of another. such beings are leaders and teachers for those of lesser awareness. shouldering the responsibility of one who is more aware is not difficult, but understanding the inability of others to so perceive (even those who are seemingly ones elder or superior) sometimes IS difficult, or saddening. Most around you sleep (with eyes wide open) so embrace your gift, cherish the few true members of this fellowship you encounter, and brace yourself for the task ahead. Our little planet is mostly populated by "the fallen" and their salvage is the lot of we, the responsible. Have a nice day ;-)


Posted 12 Years Ago


What you said about society is so true.
And I'm sorry your dad said that about you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with you.

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

889 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 17, 2012
Tags: poem, thoughts, random, love, family, hate, people, days, time, memories, friends, self-hate


Author

YouoweYoupay
YouoweYoupay

Amman, ..., Jordan



About
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms." ~Muriel Rukeyser "There is no one more rebellious or attractive than a person lost in a book." “He allowed himself to be swayed by his con.. more..

Writing
Garden Garden

A Poem by YouoweYoupay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..