Eyeballs

Eyeballs

A Story by Enigma

The heaven he had come to know soon diffused into nothing but a ticking time bomb of regret, apathy and sick twisted acts of self mutilation that was meant to better the body… but would rather destroy it in its entirety when the final day had come to pass.


            His neck arched backwards awkwardly to accommodate for the pain that surged through his masculine figure as his trembling fingers began to trickle along the pale skin that surrounded his visionaries, pressing lightly against his cornea until the thin fibers tore completely blinded himself. Quivering, he arched the bony appendages he inserted around his eye, pushing inwards with great pressure he wrenched forwards as his hands started to tense, propelled unto his knees, having no energy to fully lift himself. His tender fingers dug into the skin and underneath his eyelid before fully secured around the ovule, thick blood starting to trail lightly down his pale cheek bones. The tendons and muscles that attached the important accumulation of nerves within his skull started to rip, strands snapping one by one with each pressure tug be preformed. The ligaments secreted a large amount of lactic acid beneath his eye, burning the nerve he began to wince as tears streamed downwards, lines of blood following. The muscles contracting, and his body wrenching he had no means of stopping. Fully tarnished, his oracle bone cracking and popping underneath the weak icy flesh that lined it broke into three consecutive pieces, ruggedly jabbing and piercing the flesh underneath the dense bone started to tear through. With this a sharp shriek vibrated through his lungs and throat, releasing like a bullet into the cold November air as misty cloud formed around his lips, he managed to exude the jelly-like nerves from the sockets of his skul, collecting a thick abundant amounts of blood unto his palms. Squeezing the substances lightly they began to morph and crush between his bony fingers, relieved of his degrading sight he veered inwards, engrossed by nothing but mere darkness.

 

            He decided that he’d rather sit in darkness than watch the world turn cold.

© 2014 Enigma


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

intense dark deep interesting, quite liked it actually:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Well, that escalated quickly. I'd say in full that it needs a proof read, as there are some simple grammar mistakes that can be flushed out (bone instead of bomb at the start? Dunno if that one was intentional) - and in the middle the imagery dropped a little where it sounded like more of a biology lesson than the disturb-trip it definitely otherwise was.

But those are just drafting issues, so I have no complaints with the ambiguity, disgusting actions and word choice. Assuming you're intending to freak people out - good job. I can't help but feel this could continue to work in a longer piece :) Thanks for sharing, love a good bit of well written gore.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Enigma

10 Years Ago

I've actually been working on this one for some time now and I know I could go a lot further and mak.. read more
that f**king imagery though
this might give me nightmares, but that's a good thing on your part
i feel that last line, too

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wooooaaaahhh. This is good but... scary. Damnnn son.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Enigma

10 Years Ago

That's what I was aiming for. It needs more work and more accuracy but... I'm glad you enjoyed it.
anna

10 Years Ago

Well you got it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

358 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 22, 2013
Last Updated on February 27, 2014
Tags: eyes, gore, sight, vision, blood, descriptive, world, wordly, weird, strange, crazy, psychotic, interesting, new, random, life, death, inspiration, poetry, short, story

Author

Enigma
Enigma

SC



About
I was never meant to be, so why am I still here? more..

Writing
Tea Tea

A Poem by Enigma


Locked Locked

A Poem by Enigma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..