Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by WhenOceansCry

Prologue

 

The war had broken out suddenly. No one was prepared for when the fire first rose onto the earth, covering the sky in ashes. No one was aware of the blood that was first being spilled, no one was aware that time will forever be lost since the beginning of the first death.

 

Then again, we were never on equal terms with any of them. We had always hated each other. We were opposites. Earth and Night. Like Ying and Yang or Fire and Water. It showed the rivarly that was in us, and yet it showed how we all could work together. however, no one took advantage of it.

 

'Jade!" She turned around and looked right at her mother.

 

"Lets go! you have no time, quickly." She had gotten her arm and yanked her off of the bed, Jade was currently sitting on.

 

Jade had no time to speak, for she was soon pushed out the back door, and was handed a bag.

 

"Your guidance will take you to where it is safe. Don't worry."

 

With that Jades' guidance took over and she was soon pushing tree branches out of her way, trying not to stumble on the roots, and let the screaming world around her take into sync.

 

'What's going on?" jade thought to herself.

 

'Do not worry. You will be fine.' her guidance whispered to her.

 

'How do you know?'

 

'Trust me darling, you wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for your own protection.'

 

'Whats going to happen to my mother?'

 

There was no reply after that. Instead Jades mind went numb and soon the screaming world was left behind as she ran toward her new destination.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chapter 1

 

Jade woke up being pushed over.

 

"What the hell?" She cried as she turned around and smacked the boy in front of her.

 

"Its about time you wake up." The freckled face boy replied with a smile.

 

"Who are you and where am I?" Jade asked getting him to help her stand up as she looked around to see other faces. Jade took note of the loose necklace he was wearing.

 

"Brandon. and to be honest, none of us have any idea where we are."

 

"Where are you from brandon?"

 

He froze.

 

"Your from Night."

 

"I think thats pretty clear. But you didn't answer the question."

 

He sighed.

 

"Earth."

 

There was a pause.

 

"Your not going to start arguing with me?" He looked at her suspiously.

 

She shook her head and said

 

"Why should I? Isn't the adults doing that enough?"

 

He smiled and said

 

"Yea."

 

"Where the hell am I?" Came a hoarse voice. They both turned to the red headed girl who was sitting up and shaking her head.

 

"In the middle of no where." Brandon said as he walked over to her.

 

She smiled cheekily while speaking

 

"Ah, so you got a way to didn't you brandon?"

 

"Sure did and it was an epic escape."

 

"I bet."

They both began to chatter away and Jade moved on to the others who were sitting there, some arguing because of where they came from, some sitting there quietly.

 

"Turtle Dee Doo!" One of the blondes yelled out.

 

Everyone stopped and stared at her and she used hand motions to show who wanted their attention.

 

A girl with tan skin, and deep brown hair, was standing up right and looking professional in her blue jacket and black jeans and flats.

 

"Um.. Hi! okay, uh, this is a little awkward but we need to all calm down and work together because obviously we all are pretty screwed if we all go on our own, am I right or not?"

 

"Why should we listen to you?"

 

A reply came from the shadows. They had to squint to see the bright green eyes of the girl who sat in the shade.

 

"Well, we can stay here and argue with each other or we can all leave at some point! Whats your choice?"

 

She made a tsk sound and said

 

"Well miss.Bossy, that doesnt change the fact that you don't need to tell us what to do. I think we are all pretty smart to figure things out.'

 

She made a huff and said

 

"Well ya know I'd like to eat today!"

 

Murmurrs went around the forest about being hungry and wanting to go home.

 

Said girl got up from her sitting postion and walked out into the sun light and stood five feet away from the girl.

 

They were about to argue when another girl spoke.

 

'Do you think we can even get home?"

 

She had shiny blue eyes and deep brown hair that almost seemed black. She was sitting next to someone who looked like his hair was flat ironed a little too much.

 

'Of course we can!" Yet another deep colored person spoke up. She was wearing a part dress which was white and white flatts that had small heels to the end of them.

 

"Fine, but if you guys take control to much, I'll beat the s**t out of ya." Muttered a blonde headed boy who stood looking at the clouds.

 

The blackette with thick glasses next to him made a snort sound and replied

 

"I dont think fighting is something we need."  His scarf blew softly with the wind and the blonde looked at him and said

 

"Yea, we'll see about that." They both turned to the white dressed girl when she said to come around to make a plan.

 

The blackette said something about doing to much and unwillingly got up and moved. Jade was still standing there, dumbfounded and a little lost but she went anyway, listening to a bunch of made up plans of how to get home.



© 2011 WhenOceansCry


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I read this yesterday, and I just made an account today, so I decided, why not review this chapter as well.

I loved the flow of this chapter - it seemed things were happening at a blink of an eye, yet it was not too fast, just right actually.

The characters were brought in without disturbing the flow. It didn't feel random or anything like that. It was just right. I don't know how to explain it xD But yeah, the characters so far are great!

Keep up the great work in all future works! (: And, take care.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 21, 2011
Last Updated on September 21, 2011


Author

WhenOceansCry
WhenOceansCry

FL



About
Hey :DD Please call me Oceans. I love music, nature, writing, reading, anime, drawing, forests, animals, the beach, horror movies, graveyards and ... so on. I do not like reading romances unless its.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by WhenOceansCry