Joli & Micah [part two]

Joli & Micah [part two]

A Chapter by Whisper-Circle
"

Joli and Micah are two women in their early twenties living together in a nameless city as artists in their own right.

"

Post Wash Up


When they get out of the shower they’re both shocked to see a suitcase on the bed.


“Oh s**t.” Carla’s voice is just below a whisper.


“Whose luggage is that?” Joli brings her towel a bit tighter around her.


“My boyfriend.” Carla avoids looking Joli in the eye. 


“Boyfriend? I though you were gay” Joli’s eyes were wide with panic.


“I…you need to go before.” The bedroom door opens and Carla’s boyfriend looks at the two girls in their towels. 


“What the fu-”


“Tyler, before you say anything,” Carla starts walking towards him.


“Unless this is a threesome for my homecoming I don’t wanna hear it.” Despite the statement his face was like stone. He looks over Joli.


“F**k this.” Joli picks up her dress and shoes. “Sorry I didn’t know I was f*****g a straight girl. Despite Tyler’s presence Joli drops her towel and dresses in front of them. She picks up her bag from the floor and leaves.


“You forgot your bra.” Carla calls out to her.


“Gag yourself with it!” Joli shuts the door behind her. 



The Apartment


Joli walks in with a bag of bagels and different types of cream cheese. She kicks her shoes off in to a corner by the door.  


“I’m home.”


Joli goes to the kitchen as she takes out a bagel for herself the man with dreads from the open mic comes out of Micah’s room. 


“Can I get one of those?” He points to the bag. Joli notices that he’s only in his boxers. 


“Sure. Just don‘t take the poppy seed one, that‘s Micah‘s” Joli spreads strawberry cream cheese on a wheat bagel. The man takes out a plain one and spreads cinnamon cream cheese on it. 


“So is Micah still sleeping?” Joli asks.


“Yeah,” his mouth is full. “You’re her roommate?”


“Who else would I be?” Joli takes a bite of her bagel.


“Right,” The man laughs a bit. “I’m Cameron.”


“Joli.”


Micah comes out of her room with closed eyes, scratching her stomach. 


“Good morning.” She smiles sheepishly. 


“It’s 1:33.” Joli laughs. 


“Damn, well I didn’t get to sleep till nine this morning.” She smiles at Cameron. “I was up all night.” Cameron smirks a bit while looking to the ground.


“Speaking of being up all night, Joli how was yours?”


“Oh it was great. Till her boyfriend came home this morning.” Joli takes another bite. Cameron’s eyes get wide. Micah looks slightly shocked. 


“That sucks. At least you both you knew it was a one night stand…right?”


Joli looks at the floor. 


“Joli! How do you get attached that fast?”


“I never said I got attached.”


“Your face already says it. Cam, can you tell her that there’s nothing wrong with a one night stand.”


“Uh…” Cameron takes another bite of his bagel and shrugs his shoulders. “I don’t know.” Joli can tell that he feels uncomfortable. 


“It doesn’t matter.” Joli shrugs


“It matters when you keep getting hurt. Jeez, I thought it was finally the end of you moping around the house.” 


“I haven’t been moping.”


“Oh please that’s bullshit. Every other day it’s Alex this and Alex that. Don’t even get me started on that damn mural you’re working on at the Y.”


“It’s…nothing.” Joli doesn’t take her eyes off her shoes. Noticing the bursts of spray paint all over. “I need to go work on something.” Joli leaves the kitchen and goes into her room.



© 2014 Whisper-Circle


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on January 26, 2013
Last Updated on January 29, 2014