Chapter 3:  Obsessive Screams = Deaf Meanings

Chapter 3: Obsessive Screams = Deaf Meanings

A Chapter by Bianca
"

I'm just not into fandom.

"

Everyone get's obsessed over something and I mean fandom obsessions.  I can make a safe bet everyone goes through them.  It just depends how stubborn you are of it.

 

Let's take children's obsessions first.

 

Like....Pokemon.  You know the kid's show that's still going on (even after most of the kids who was in it when it first came out have outgrown it).  Kids watch that to a point where they can act like a Pokemon.  Or even get into fantasies of being a Pokemon trainer or even love a Pokemon itself.  Pokemon means "Pocket Monster" but for the sake of it being a kid's show they made them cute.  Now it's easy to get into an obsession when you're a kid.  And you can outgrow it if you want and it's pretty easy if you just go through it as you mature.  Kid obsessions are common.  And even though they could get serious it doesn't usually stay that way.

 

Teen obsessions.....

 

I just want to take the time to mention the most current and seemingly the most powerful that is pretty much known at any middle or high school.  Twilight.  Now I just want to take the time to ask...how many girls just wen't OH MY GOD TWILIGHT! or to the stong obsesser,  OH MY EDWARD TWILIGHT!!! ?  Well yeah that just seems like almost every girl.  Some of these strong obsessors are just way into it and it's just as common as the kid's obsession over some cartoon.  The only problem is that these ones can stick and cause problems for others who turn out not to like the book series at all.  What's the point of being into a book like that?  Ok you love it, great.  I don't.  What? That makes me a person with such horrible taste in books?  Ok but you do realize that I think mine's actually better than yours?  Oh no that offends you?  Deal with it.  That's my message to the Cullen worshopers.  DEAL WITH IT.  Just because not everyone likes the same thing you do doesn't mean it's the end of the world and by just identifying the people that hate that obese book is evil then fine.  See the world as a dark place for the wrong reason.  There are worse things out there. 

 

My main problem with the book's popularity is just that.  The POPULARITY.  It makes no since.  The author has a playlist, a long series (yes, SERIES not saga!), movie, and who knows what crazy products they make from the book to earn some extra cash.  The freaking author has been with musical bands too like Muse and Blue October.  Why does a grown woman, let alone a mother, act just like a intimate 15 year old?  I don't know.....mid age crisis?

 

If the book is so great, then why?  Nobody can tell me why or even how.  What message does the book even bring?  To me it's just a streached out fairy tale.  What's the message the author is bringing through the books anyway?  Why can't anyone properly discuss it with some meaning beyond what's been going on in the book and who's on who's side into liking a certain character?

 

Obsessions like that can end up permanent in a strange way.  Though there's probably a good chance people will mature and actually try to anylize the book into finding what exactly the author is potreying if she had anything to say at all.

 

 

Adult obsessions.

 

I don't really know this so much.  Books like the Da Vinci Code brought up some kind of popularity but nobody really understood it until the movie came out.  There could be some more obsessions like when you find out that your parent might love a certain celebrity but it's not like they always try to look so much into tabloids to learn that celebrity's life.  I guess not that many adults bring themselves into obsessions like the kind Twilight or Pokemon bring but that's probably because they're so focused on what's nessicary.

 

Obsessions over something from the media can only seem so meaningless.  I think, or at least hope, that when it comes down to it people will get over it and actually try to find meaning in them if any.  But if not then just enjoy the run, don't take it too seriously.



© 2008 Bianca


Author's Note

Bianca
I got nothing to type here.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 8, 2008
Last Updated on October 8, 2008


Author

Bianca
Bianca

NV



About
Hi, I'm a teenager who likes watching tv, playing video games, drawing, playing violin, and of course reading. Along with writing XP (why else would I be here?) It's only recently I have decided to.. more..

Writing
White Asylum White Asylum

A Poem by Bianca