I Chapter

I Chapter

A Chapter by Rūta Lapienytė

16 years later

'Damn' I mumbled when I looked at the guy sleeping beside me. I didn't know him - it didn't matter. Still I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I got out of bed quietly trying not to wake him up. I met him yesterday at a bus stop. I was charmed by his golden curls and eyes as blue as the sky. Sadly, this pretty face had no idea what to do in bed. 
I sighed and started picking up my clothes. As I was slowly dressing up, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My hair was light brown with highlights and my eyes were as blue as sea water. My skin was always a little pale, so my bright eyes always looked a lot prettier than they actually are.
I glanced at the sleeping blond one last time. He wasn't worthy of my thank-you note. I turned around and as quietly as I could, I left his apartment.
My motorcycle was still standing outside, so I quickly put on my red helmet and sat down. I pushed a little button on the side of the helmet and the directions to my house instantly appeared right in front of me. Following them, I drove back home. Of course, as I walked through the door, my mom was there.
'You're early' she said.
'The guy wasn't that good' I sighed. Sometimes I wondered whether I should be offended by my mom's lack of care. But then again, things would get too complicated if she started asking me about my life. My mom had me when she was fourteen, so I never knew my father. I never heard of him, never saw him. I got his eyes, so that's enough proof for me to believe that he exists.
I left the 'good path' a long time ago. Maybe that hobo, that raped me when I was ten, ruined everything, or maybe it's the fact that I'm infertile. But I'm an optimist, so I see a glass half full even when its empty. Since I can't have children, I figured I can at least sleep around with boys. 
'Eleonore was here' mom announced 'Asked me to tell you to call her when you come back'.
'OK, thanks, I will' I said and quickly ran to my room. Me and my mom lived in the heart of London, in a big apartment in a skyscraper. We were rich only because when my mother's dad passed away, he left everything he owned for his only daughter.
So my room was quite modest - a double bed, just for me, took up most of the room, other furniture were of light brown wood, floor was also wooden, while the walls and the soft rug were as white as pearls.
I sprawled on the bed and took out my phone.
'Call Ellie' I whispered and after a few beeps I heard her joyful voice:
'Good morning, Phoenix!' Eleonore, like everybody else, just loved my name - Phoenix. I told her to simply just call me Phinn, but there still were times when Ellie would say my name over and over again until she started laughing - yes, she's weird. 'So how was it?'
'I've had better' I smiled even though El couldn't see it.
'Okay. Well, I spent my evening sitting on my super-comfy couch reading a super-lame magazine' she giggled.
 Me and Ellie were best friends since we were twelve years old. Sure, we've had our fights, over nothing mostly, but our strong friendship got past that. In my opinion, Eleonore is one of the most beautiful girls in school - perfect heart-shaped face, shining white smile, brown eyes, wonderful golden-brown colored skin, and gorgeous really curly brown hair. 
'So, will I see you today' Ellie asked. 
I sighed:
'No. I can't today. Again'
'That's okay. Maybe tomorrow. Give the guys some rest and spend some time with your friends!' she giggled.
'Perfect. Tomorrow' I said.
'Yes. Awesome. I'll pick out some great movies. We'll watch them until midnight like we used to' El said.
'Yes. Awesome' I repeated, though I didn't think it was THAT awesome.
'Great. I'll see you tomorrow' Ellie hung up and I got surrounded by complete silence. Well, it was fun while it lasted - few seconds later I heard mom doing something with metal bowls in the kitchen. Her name's Noah, by the way. She used to look just like me. Well, only her eyes are brown. Now she dyed her hair a bright red color, so she wouldn't constantly be compared to me.
Today's Sunday. I had plans. I couldn't meet up with Eleonore because I had already planned to see Adele. They still haven't met and don't know each other and I'm trying to keep it that way. I think it's fine. After all, I'm still afraid to tell Eleonore that I'm bisexual and that I have a girlfriend, named Adele.


© 2013 Rūta Lapienytė


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on July 22, 2013
Last Updated on July 22, 2013
Tags: different, phoenix, eleonore, damien, space, love, friendship, science


Author

Rūta Lapienytė
Rūta Lapienytė

Panevėžys, Lithuania



About
Hi there! First of all, I'd like to say that I'm only 17 years old, so to most of you I might seem pretty young. And I agree. Either way, writing is my passion. It and music are the only ways I can ex.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rūta Lapienytė