Nova's Blade: Prologue

Nova's Blade: Prologue

A Chapter by Will Scifi

Showered in a cascade of confetti, the ecstatic cheers reverberate through the vast arena. Seraphine, battered and bruised, stands in the center of the oval-shaped ring. Blood streams from her broken nose, her arm slashed and wounded. She triumphantly raises the severed head of her fallen adversary, its eyes and mouth still gaping in horrified surprise at the moment of its demise. In her other hand, she brandishes her bloodied sword, a symbol of her victory.

A holographic image of Seraphine materializes in midair, emblazoned with the word 'WINNER.' Reporters swarm the ring, their cameras’ flashes illuminating  the scene. Hannibal Blackwood, the charismatic host, enters the ring with a broad grin, revealing his immaculate white teeth. His perfectly styled toupee and aqua blue suit with an orange tie complete his flashy appearance. He grasps the severed head by its hair, swinging it before tossing it into the frenzied crowd, eliciting even more raucous cheers.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the valiant victor and the 74th champion of Last Valkyrie, Seraphine!" Hannibal proclaims.

Davion Omega, a tall, statuesque man with a lean physique, boasting alluring features that naturally draw attention, joins Seraphine in the ring, carrying a bouquet of flowers. Their eyes meet, and a spark of understanding passes between them.

"Seraphine, now that you've earned your place beside this dashing gentleman as a member of the prestigious 5 families, what do you have to say?" Hannibal inquires.

The crowd hushes, anticipation hanging in the air. Seraphine and Davion continue to gaze into each other's eyes before Seraphine abruptly wraps her arms around Davion's face and pulls him into a passionate kiss. The arena erupts once more, applause and cheers shaking its very foundation. Hannibal moves closer to the camera, his expression captivating as the two lovers remain locked in their embrace.

"Behold, ladies, this could be your fate if you cease your games and strive for victory. So rise to the challenge, for this is a love truly worth killing for!"



© 2023 Will Scifi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on July 9, 2023
Last Updated on July 9, 2023


Author

Will Scifi
Will Scifi

About
Scifi author who loves writing about modern society through the veil of science fiction. more..

Writing