Someone's Happiness (Different)

Someone's Happiness (Different)

A Stage Play by Savior of Time
"

Nikki is talking to the most popular girl at school, Tiffany, when little miss popular says something really... stupid... An original monologue by me

"

Tiffany, what happened? Why are you crying? (beat) You’re crying and complaining because one of your friends doesn’t understand what you went through to get your dress? Dude, does that really matter? You’re one of the most popular people at school! Some people don’t understand, okay? It doesn’t matter. (pause) You’re life is horrible?! You push so many people around just because they aren’t like you, or they don’t like what you do. If you think your life is so hard, look at someone else’s"like mine. People don't understand what I go through, what happens to me, what I do to do my best. I have always felt like wallpaper, like an outcast. You’re the most popular person at school. It always seemed like I didn't quite fit in with everyone at school, everyone in the groups I had to be in. I was always told to be myself and express my opinion and how I feel, but most things are just easier said than done. Being the one who just doesn't fit in, things don't always turn out as you want them to. Things aren't always what they seem. You find a friend who you think cares about you then just suddenly stabs you in the back, proving they were just using you. Sometimes, they only want you to help them with homework, or get close to one of your friends. They never cared, they only used you. Most people don't understand what that's like, so some of them decide to use it against you. A lot of them decided to use it against me. Some of my "friends" just decided to use me. They never really were my friends, they only acted like it. No one has really understood that, it’s not like anyone really will. But I don't blame them; no one should have to go through what I did. No one deserves to be treated like dirt or be pushed around by someone who thinks they're bigger than them. You shouldn't let yourself be a doormat, but you also shouldn't be the one walking all over it. You should allow everyone be themselves, even if they're different. Now I hope you’ll think about what really matters to you--a stupid little dress, or someone else’s happiness.

© 2013 Savior of Time


Author's Note

Savior of Time
I hope you liked it. It's not all necessarily fake, but it's also not all true. Nor did I make it for someone. It just happened. I hope y'all enjoyed. Please leave suggestions and tips for my writing. Thanks!
-Willa

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on May 21, 2013
Last Updated on May 21, 2013
Tags: monologue

Author

Savior of Time
Savior of Time

FL



About
* Was Willatree3 * Just a weird 14-year-old Theatre geek living life. I'm an actor (as you could probably tell), dancer, volunteer, and writer (hopefully, you got that one). My favorite genre to read.. more..

Writing