Declaration

Declaration

A Story by Bill R.
"

My current thoughts on the state of Humanity.

"

When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for the people of this Earth to alter dramatically or eliminate completely. the oppressive political arrogance which has divided them from one another and to spiritually unite with the powers of the Earth; remaining separate in traditions, yet equal of respect in accordance with the laws of nature and of nature’s God who has entitled each of them a world of understanding and peace.

The above is my own version of the beginning to our own, “Declaration of Independence,” with a more global interpretation because I used to believe that mankind would awaken one day and put the interests of the peoples in this world ahead of the interests of a select few. I always thought the compassion for those struggling throughout our world would become a priority and our children, the future of civilization, would be cherished and nurtured. We would take care of them and love them instead of making them instruments of hatred or war.

Mankind, it seems, has not yet evolved as I believed it would. It has, in fact, digressed, becoming even more cruel and self-serving to a level that I, or any past generations, could have ever imagined.

What can the God of this world think of this and us? How can we consciously continue on this path, foolishly thinking that we will not suffer some sort of retribution for these sins which we continue to commit against each other and this planet. The people of this world must understand that our cruelty, hatred, greed, neglect, distrust, and arrogance can only contribute to our own eventual destruction.

Have we learned so little since the beginning of mankind? Why do we show such tremendous compassion in times of natural disasters, yet continue to neglect those who are so callously victimized by our own destructive behavior, decisions based on ignorance, or hateful attitudes. The peoples of this world, especially those in a position of leadership; need to cease the teachings of hatred and distrust if we as a civilization are to survive.

The world with all of it’s technology, knowledge, communication, and innovation has become increasingly smaller; yet continues to adhere to the bitter divisions that have been allowed to flourish these thousands of years. The ideologies and beliefs of the past no longer have a place if all they choose to do is perpetuate the long-standing hatreds and divisions set forth by the generations that have come before them.

The Human Race, as a whole, can no longer find this acceptable and must strive to change in order to make this world a better and safer place for future generations. Our legacy must not be one of hatred, war, death, neglect, or distrust, instead we must begin to use our vast knowledge with our own spiritual beliefs, which we have nurtured for so long, to create a more understanding and civilized world.

The rape of our natural environment, it’s resources, and our senseless cruelty toward one another as human beings can only accelerate our own extinction as a species.

Our choices are many, but our chances are few if we ever hope to save us from ourselves. If we cannot forgive the sins of the past, make significant changes in the present, then we will, most certainly, destroy any hope of a future.

Our true purpose in life is to care for one another, unconditionally, if we ever hope to live as the God of our Fathers had intended.

As John F. Kennedy once said, “Here on Earth, God’s work must truly be our own,” and for God’s sake we must all begin that work now, if not only for ourselves; but for our children, the future of this world. Our very survival depends on the decisions and actions we choose to follow today, as nations and as global citizens.

Hopefully it can one day bring us together where we truly need to be, helping us live as one people, people of this Earth, mankind united, strong, living the peace it has always worked to achieve. One world, under God, with equality and compassion for all.

We are all God’s people, caring for one another as God had envisioned, finally uniting in the belief that we are all equal; we are all one!

© 2012 Bill R.


Author's Note

Bill R.
These are my own thoughts and I believe that possibly there are more people out there that might think the same things.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on March 5, 2012
Last Updated on March 5, 2012

Author

Bill R.
Bill R.

Las Vegas, NV



About
I'm a Writer and an Artist. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada and I work a full time job on top of all the other things I have going on in my life. I love my life, I love Las Vegas, and my Passion is my wri.. more..

Writing
It Just Can't It Just Can't

A Story by Bill R.