Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Life, Time, and Change

Life, Time, and Change

A Story by Bill R.
"

Things I think of from time to time after listening to people.

"

I decide this year that I would make a few changes to hopefully make my life less stressful. First, I replaced my old computer with a new one. It has been amazing. That alone brought my stress level way down.

I, then, looked at my job which has been a constant source of stress. I worked the dayshift, doing a lot of other people’s work on top of my own. An opening came up on overnight and I made the switch. It’s a more laid back atmosphere and already I feel like a tremendous load has been lifted. Two seemingly small things, yet such a large impact.

Many people ask me about “change” and I’ve written several other things on this subject. Sometimes it’s hard to convince people how good change is, especially when it’s so easy, if you’ll just take the opportunities when they appear.

I try to tell people that there are two things in life you cannot stop, “Time” and “Change.”

Time is always passing, sometimes faster than we’d like, but no matter what we do, we can’t stop it. I have an acronym; “ Time Is Measured Eternity.” It can be both a blessing and a curse depending on our use of it. Still, we continue to move, grow, live, and pass the time. What we do with our time is very important; we can’t get it back once it’s lost, and it will always be one of those things in life that money can’t buy more of. So, use it wisely, make the most of it, and look at every moment in you life as time well spent.

Now, onto “change.”

Change is inevitable, as we all know. Whether people realize it or not, change happens everyday of our lives. You are, obviously, not the same person you were yesterday, and tomorrow you will not be the same as you are today. You will have changed in some way, whether it be physically, emotionally, spiritually (yes, even spiritually), or however else; because change in your life, never stops. People who say, “I’ll never change,” have no idea how much change they’ve already gone through. It is constant, most times so subtle we never notice it, but it’s always taking place. Change is one of those “constants” in our daily lives, like time, that never stops. Still, people try to resist it or stifle it, but in the end, change happens.

So as I think about all the things going on in my life right now, I think of that “Serenity Prayer,” that I learned as a child; “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” I would like to add to that prayer by saying, “ And the time to accomplish it all!”

© 2012 Bill R.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on March 5, 2012
Last Updated on March 5, 2012

Author

Bill R.
Bill R.

Las Vegas, NV



About
I'm a Writer and an Artist. I live in Las Vegas, Nevada and I work a full time job on top of all the other things I have going on in my life. I love my life, I love Las Vegas, and my Passion is my wri.. more..

Writing
It Just Can't It Just Can't

A Story by Bill R.