Dynasty

Dynasty

A Poem by Bill O. Writes
"

An old item of mine from two years ago. Heavily inspired from a rotten ex. Deeply oriented but comes with a lesson.

"

There she stood, perplexed. Her world, her precious world was shattered. The only thing she had was her iron fist, her everything. He knew all along to not allow closeness, for she would strike. Names etched in each knuckle of the last victims was a clear sign to look but never touch. Her world in the palm of her hand, she made a fist and crushed it herself. She left herself with nothing while he watched. Today, he stands as proof that walls betray those who build them and don’t defend, but instead block vision to the outside.

© 2014 Bill O. Writes


Author's Note

Bill O. Writes
Went into another world when I wrote this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds like you visited my world. Loved it. Powerful.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bill O. Writes

9 Years Ago

You must have had a bad ex then lol.
Deandra Dawn

9 Years Ago

To put it mildly...yes
"to look but never touch" is well done.
I like the image of her crushed her world in her hands, yet she was the one perplexed that it had shattered.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 12, 2014
Last Updated on July 12, 2014
Tags: irony, love, hate, karma, relationship, relationships, toxic, ex

Author

Bill O. Writes
Bill O. Writes

New Haven, CT



About
Unspecified years old. My feelings on writing: Writing and reading (for pleasure) are both lost arts. If it's not about something tangible, measurable, no one wants to read it, so why bother writi.. more..

Writing
Holes Holes

A Poem by Bill O. Writes