Chapter One- Runaway from the Circus of Gypsies

Chapter One- Runaway from the Circus of Gypsies

A Chapter by Jazzy McFlatchest
"

We meet our heroes! Yay! Next Chapter: Elusive

"

 

Nyx-The Shadi Tribe Warriors

Chapter One: The Runaway from the Circus of Gypsies

 

The Shadow Realm…A place of infinite darkness, dusk and twilight. A realm that hardly ever had light. A realm that lay parallel to the world of light, the one that human’s live in. In the Shadow Realm lives the Shadi Tribe, a mysterious people with skills in magic and combat. People from the tribe have the ability to transform into an animal and can master a certain art of magic, be it transformation, manipulation of elements or things, and so forth. Now of the residents were permitted to leave the realm, for once they step into the light, their skin burns up, and they die.

It was a cold rainy night in the Shadow Realm. People were in their houses, avoiding the cold rain that dripped from the dark skies above. Blue fire, in dark color-tinted glass lanterns, was hung outside of houses and taverns, giving a little light to people who were unfortunate in having to walk home.

The trotting of hooves came up down the street. It was a horse, a six-legged horse, with the light blue, rune-like Shadi Tribe markings going up each of its eight legs. It broad neck covered by a long thick black mane. It snorted and continued trotting down the stone street on its back, holding the reins of the beast, a cloaked figure. The horse trotted, and trotted till the rider stopped it in front of large stone wall. The horse stomped and snorted in place, tossing it’s mane around. Meanwhile, the rider jumped off. The figure looked up at the stone wall, pulled down the hood of the cloak, revealing the face of a young woman. Her long auburn hair was tied back and her red eyes looked up the wall. A small smile pursed her lips.

She walked over to some ivy that stretched up the wall and started to ascend it. She reached the top of the wall and jumped down. She looked around when she landed, scanning the area for any guards. Luckily, there were none. She looked ahead and saw the old crumbling mansion, a safe haven for her till the circus stopped looking for her.

She ran up the path to the house. She looked at a window and kicked the glass, breaking it easily. She smiled to herself and helped herself in. 

The room she was in was a small room with lavish furnishings all around. Nice, silk chairs and bookshelves covered in dust. She walked out of the room to the main hall. Her footsteps echoed through the empty fall with each step. She walked up the stairs to the next level. Maybe she could find a bed room and rest her cold and aching body. It was a lot harder than she thought to run away and stealing a horse. She opened the first door on the left.

This room was huge but not as nice as the hall or the first room she was in. This one was dirty and littered with boxes, wood and other debris. She rolled her eyes and was about to walk out-But then, a moan.

She quickly turned around and scanned the area. She walked in cautiously, moving around boxes until she found someone, lying against a wall. It was a man with long navy hair. He had green eyes and a rather charming looking face. He was covered in blood and grasping at a wound on his side. He looked up at the girl with strong eyes. The girl looked at him, no remorse on her face at all. From behind, she began to pull out a knife out of her belt. The man didn’t even notice.

“Don’t worry, lady,” the man said hoarsely. “I’m not going to die yet…”

The girl smirked, raising the knife from behind. “Not yet, but it looks like you’re going to die soon…”

“Hmph…” He answered, his young features looking at her sternly. He began to raise his own knife, arm shaking violently. “Excuse me, miss…I have to tend to some unfinished business…”

“’Business’?” The girl repeated, a small laugh in her harsh voice. “You can hardly hold your knife! You really think you can defend yourself like-“

“Watch out!” He shouted.

-But before the girl could react, she felt a sharp smack to her side, sending her flying into the wall. She blacked out for one second and then woke up. Her side ached now, but she could still stand, she thought. She looked up and saw a horrible monster. It was lanky and tall. Short black fur covered its muscles. Its face nearly resembled a baboon. It screamed a deafening scream and it moved towards her, clawed hands ready to strike. But then, she saw a flash that went towards the monster’s head. It was a knife and it landed right in the monster’s ear. The monster screeched in pain and fell onto the floor. It spasm and twitched for a few seconds, a puddle of blood around its head and then it stopped moving.

The girl got up slowly and walked over to the monster. She kicked it in the head, taking her anger out on it for attacking her. She looked at the man with narrowed eyes.

“I guess I should thank you for saving my life,” She said through gritted teeth. She hid her knife back into the belt and got closer to the man.

The man smirked. “I guess that’d be nice,” he answered.

The girl got down and placed her hand on his wound. She whispered something and the hand started to glow. The man groaned in pain, feeling the skin and torn muscle being pieced back together. After several moments, the glowing stopped and the girl backed away.

“What was that?” The man asked, looking down at his now closed-up wound.

“I just healed you,” The girl answered in an annoyed tone. “Consider it my thanks to you.”

She turned and began to walk out of the room.

“Wait!” The man shouted after her. The girl growled and turned back to face him.

“What do you want?” She asked quickly.

“What I your name?” He asked. “I’m Darius.”

The girl looked down at the ground and then back at him. “Nefereti.”



© 2009 Jazzy McFlatchest


Author's Note

Jazzy McFlatchest
Ignore grammar problems
No flames-Constructive criticism, please!
Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow, simply, loved the dialog. its a great capturing story and one that desrves attention, i'm going to read this chapter over, looking forward to it.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 24, 2009
Last Updated on October 25, 2009


Author

Jazzy McFlatchest
Jazzy McFlatchest

Free Country, USA



About
Lazy profile writer is lazy more..

Writing
Part I Part I

A Chapter by Jazzy McFlatchest