Chapter 1 -- The girl with brown hair

Chapter 1 -- The girl with brown hair

A Chapter by Winterspell
"

Yes, I have two chapter 1s.

"
She woke up with the gentle weight of clean pressed sheets on her chest. Under her arms, legs and back was a springy, soft surface. She felt warm air slide down her throat. She squinted, trying to see past the bright light someone was shining directly into her eyes. She tried to dodge her head out of the bright beams of the torch but she realised that no one was shining a torch in her eyes; it was the normal lights of a room. Out of the pale blur she made out a white ceiling and shiny, white tiles covering the walls and floor. The only furniture in the room was the bed she lay in and the frame holding the IV drip attached to her arm. The frame also held a mirror on a wire frame, the kind of rotatable one that dentists would use. She grabbed it and scrutinised the face reflected in the glass.
It was a well-groomed face, with smooth, carefully washed and brushed hair framing full, healthy, supple cheeks. Bright bluey-green eyes looked out of a pale, feminine face. She traced her hand along her cheek; the girl in the mirror copied her exactly. The girl poked her own cheek; the skin in the mirror gave way to her reflection’s touch. The girl recoiled her finger from her fleshy visage. That face was hers. Was that what she looked like?
Alarms rang outside. The dissonant noise jarred her out of her stupor, immediately on edge. Her heartbeat picked up the pace. Had she done something wrong?
She heard footsteps race past her door, and her heartbeat slowed a little, but part of her wondered what the alarms were for.
Her eyes wandered back to the mirror, and the alien face. Her head felt strange, like she’d just woken up from a dream and was adjusting to a different reality.
She looked around the white room once more. The unfamiliarity of her surroundings made her nervous. She wanted to be in a place that she had seen at least once before. It was only a matter of time before someone found her. She was too scared to do anything but wait.
Wait… and maybe sleep.


© 2017 Winterspell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on November 14, 2017
Last Updated on November 14, 2017


Author

Winterspell
Winterspell

Australia



About
Well hi guys, I'm Winterspell. I wrote most of the stuff on here a few years ago, I'm mostly inactive now but have a read if you like. Don't hold back for criticism and I'll try and log on more of.. more..

Writing