Prologue- The Crimson

Prologue- The Crimson

A Chapter by Wintro
"

The legend begins.

"

Milky Way Galaxy/ Camilla System/ Black Scorpion Brigand (Type ‘C’ Pirate War band) Controlled Territory/ Pirate War Ship Crimson/ Year 3,528


 

“It’s right behind us! Run!” Yelled a frantic crewman as he and the other scared survivors sprinted down what seemed to be like endless corridors one after another. The red strobe light continued to flicker and disorient the already frantic mixed species crew. Their footsteps echoed through the derelict space craft.

As the group turned a corner, a pirate trailing behind on the end was not fortunate enough to continue living as he was suddenly yanked into the darkness. His screams were cut abruptly.


 “Quickly, behind that blast door!” Captain Omar shouted, his brown fur was stained with sweat and his fear clung to him like a second skin.  Horrific screams followed him and the dwindling crew down every twist and corner as, one by one, each was pulled into the shadows. The captain’s lungs burned and his thighs ached with pain but he had to keep running, as taking even a second to hesitate and look back meant certain death.


 “Clark, no!” a shout from behind announced.


His mind darted in panic. Any bend or corridor could have any number of creatures lurking in the darkness. Soon Omar’s body began to tire and he would not be able to get away. Months of fighting against Valor government soldiers had not prepared him for these horrors. His most elite pirates cowered like children in the wake of their deaths and he could not blame them; all bets were off against these creatures. It was every man and woman for themselves.


 “Menvar!” Another pirate shouted.


Omar found himself now at the door to the communications room; he fumbled with his pass card, causing it to fall to the floor. Struggling, the captain could not pick it up for the life of him. His heart raced and, his palms were shaking and covered in sweat.


“Get the jek’kin door open you b*****d!” The closest mercenary soldier behind him ordered in his thick Kal’Manor accent.


Access denied.” droned the monotone voice of the ship’s computer as the door’s locking mechanism flashed red. Bullet fire sounded off into the hallway in a vain attempt to slow down the pursuers; the flashing of the muzzles illuminated the tall creatures for brief periods with every shot. 


He swiped the card numerous times, despite hearing the dreaded words over and over again: “Access denied.” It was poison to his ears. “Just open the god damn door!” Omar yelled, smashing his fist against the reinforced glass pane.


The mercenary soldier swore in his native tongue before turning his head to the captain “What’s taking so long-!?” He yelled before emptying the rest of his magazine into the darkness. In a flash, a blade shot from the shadows, impaling him through the chest. A spray of crimson painted the walls and faces of the horrified crew members. The blade had a long, iron chain attached to it which suddenly tightened, and in a moment’s notice, the victim was reeled back into the darkness like fish on a line.


Access…granted.” The door finally chimed with a green light.


The dwindling group ran into the next room, tripping over one another as the door locked shut behind them. Captain Omar quickly made his way over to the main communications computer to send out a distress signal. He did not care if Valor threw him and his crew into the darkest prison on a Tartarus world. Ten life-times worth of mind probing by Valor psychic officers would be a paradise compared to spending just a single second more trapped aboard the Crimson.


 A pirate acknowledged with a hand gesture that the captain could speak to send out a live distress call.

“This is a distress call to any Valor ships in the area! Unknown hostiles have boarded our ship and we have massive casualties! The enemy is nothing we’ve seen before. They are not human, macrial, vulphus or ornithor. I repeat, these are unknown hostiles!”


The door began to buckle as the creatures slammed their grotesque forms against the frame.


“To any Valor ships, bring the heaviest ordnance you can. These hostiles are immune to small arms fire! I repeat; they are jek’kin bullet proof!”


The secured door was now on its last legs with one more push the invaders would be on top of them.


“We need immediate rescue!” He yelled frantically. The reinforced door quickly gave way and was thrown into the room. 


As the monster stepped into the communications room, the damaged lights gave illumination against its linen wrapped body. Crude metal blades served as the monster’s limbs, taking the place of its forearms and legs. By the time the captain could open his mouth to issue an order; the creature had already gone through the entire crew with lightning speed, carving its way through flesh and armor with surgical precision. Omar fell to his knees, as warmth left his body and dark blood poured from his chest into a pool in front of him. He hazily looked at his would be killer but his gaze was met only with the covered up eyes of the monstrosity.


“What in God’s name are you…?” The captain asked with his dying wish.


The creature replied not with words, but with an action that separated the captain’s head from his shoulders.


The pirate’s ship, Crimson, grew quiet until it became the tomb for the former crew of the ship. The derelict space craft drifted through space, giving off it’s now pointless distress call. The halls of the vessel echoed with the ominous sound of metal on metal as the creatures scurried through the ship like an infestation. 


Soon a hero would rise up to stop the old darkness that threatens to devour every galaxy as it tried so long ago. Arjun Fiaz would be that hero and will become the Justicar, and this is his legend.

 

 

 



© 2013 Wintro


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting, I loved the detail you put into this. The action scenes are great. I cant wait to read more.

Keep up the good work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wintro

10 Years Ago

Thanks! It means a lot to hear from my readers
Wow! All that action had my heart beating! This is great. One problem though... the last two sentences confuse me with the tense changes. Otherwise, superb.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wintro

10 Years Ago

Thanks! I'll have to look out for that in the future as grammar has always been a pitfall for me

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 15, 2013
Last Updated on October 15, 2013
Tags: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Military, Action, Adventure, Dark


Author

Wintro
Wintro

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



About
Howdy all! I've been writing for over two years now, and focus on science fiction and fantasy. My work is almost entirely for entertainment and I hope love reading it as I do writing. more..

Writing