love and poetry pt. 1

love and poetry pt. 1

A Stage Play by Arthur Bellfield

LOVE & POETRY by Arthur Bellfield

Scene 1:

Location: Some secluded trendy neo soul night spot that’s home to local up and coming musicians, singers, and poets. Here we find the humble poet WISE SLAVE chilling at the bar drinking his usual drink of choice which is whatever is the cheapest and will get him buzzed enough to get on stage and expose his soul to a semi-crowded room of onlookers and performers. Accompanying him, is his road dog for life as he calls him the last of the great unknown artist who simply goes by the name E-DEVIL.

Everything is chill and relaxed, until she comes over. The poetic she-devil herself, MOCHA CREAM, a would be around the way girl turned lucky $1 million dollar lottery winner whose short and petite and likes to have her way with creative types. And, since she spread the word across town and on the net that WISE SLAVE has had a fallen out with the love of his life, the eternal one herself JOY, WISE has been a belly of rhyme without reason.

Mocha Cream

So, are you going to stop playing your little internet games and realize that you belong with me? Or, do I have to start sending out more emails to internet s***s with your name attached to f**k up your game even more?

Wise Slave

I don’t play games and you know that. Do what you want I don’t care anymore. You stole my password and name what else do you want. Hell you got Joy made at me for your bullshit, but it’s all good because you’re nothing to me..

Mocha Cream

Keep telling yourself that and one day you might actually believe it. You know I know the 411 on you and you’re not as slick as you think you are. So, don’t think you’re going to get away with what you did.

E-Devil

Yo, Mocha don’t you got something else to do, hell go write a poem about that big a*s forehead of yours or some s**t. Or, write a poem about that dude you gave head to at that slam in Houston last year. Now that was some funny s**t. The things folks do to win a slam amaze me.

Mocha Cream

Whatever!, Mexican n***a you ain’t s**t either so back the f**k off or I’ll tell your girl whose p***y you were eating last Thursday.

E-Devil

Looks away and takes a deep drink of his beer as if he was just caught with his pants down.

Mocha Cream

Yah! I thought so, stupid little n***a, ain’t none of y’all s**t. The only reason why half the guys in here even write poetry or sing or whatever is to try an’ get some p***y. So, don’t try to deny it. It’ just like half the b*****s in here only write poetry or come to these damn open mics to try and find a deep brotha who can go deep inside them.

Wise Slave

Are you finish?

Mocha Cream

Nah! N***a I’m just getting started.

Mocha Cream walks away and heads toward the mic.

Wise Slave looks over at E-Devil whose sitting there wondering how did Mocha Cream know about him and this little poetry groupie he met named Candy and what they did in his SUV.

Wise Slave

Stop looking worried bro, you know how these she poets get when they’re not getting any dick.

E-Devil

Nah, I’m thinking it’s you who should be worried about what Mocha says on the mic tonight.

Wise Slave

And, why is that?

E-Devil turns toward the back door where Joy, whose a beautiful East African princess enters the club solo, and almost on que Mocha grabs the microphone.

Mocha Cream

Tonight I want to share a poem with all of you called,” BLOWING UP ALL OVER THE INTERNET’ or “DICKS DO WHAT DICKS DO” take your pick at the title!



 

© 2008 Arthur Bellfield


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
Added on May 9, 2008

Author

Arthur Bellfield
Arthur Bellfield

Dallas, TX



About
I'm a spokenword artist and writer whose recently published a volume of poetry entitled TRANSENDENTAL PLANTATION VOL. 1: SCATTERED THOUGHTS AND POEMS and a neo soul novel entitled GHETTO TO COFFEE SHO.. more..

Writing