love and poetry pt. 2

love and poetry pt. 2

A Stage Play by Arthur Bellfield

LOVE & POETRY by Arthur Bellfield

Scene 2:

Location: Exterior of the club, WISE SLAVE and JOY are sitting against the window ledge talking. JOY is sipping on an herbal tea with her head down with a look of discontent on her face. WISE SLAVE is trying to cuddle her, but its more like an uncomfortable hug between lovers who have nothing to say to each other.


Joy

What was all that about? You ran over to me faster then a slave trying to get away from Uncle Charlie. So, what’s up with that? And, did you hear the title of Mocha’s poem?

Wise Slave

I guess she’s on one of her I’m gonna expose all the brothas in the room who won’t sleep with me type of modes.

Joy

You afraid she’s trying to expose you or something?

Wise Slave

Nah!, I just rushed you out of there because I wanted some alone time with you.

Joy

Well that’s a sweet thing to say, but Wise I live with you so how much more alone time do you want?

Wise Slave

You only live with me when that truck driver husband of yours is away, and you know that. I hate sharing you.

Joy

And, I hate sharing you with them women on the internet. I swear I don’t see how grown a*s men can let strange women feel their egos and after a little phone sex or whatever the men start acting like little boys.

Wise Slave shakes his head and pulls out a cigarette and lights it then looks at Joy with the look of a confused lover. She pulls away from him slightly.

Wise Slave

You know what I hate?

She looks at him with wide eyes.

Wise Slave

I hate the smell of your husband on you when I make love to you.


Wise walks off into the silence of the street, Joy just sits there alone.


Joy

I had no idea, but I’m sorry if that hurts you.


 

© 2008 Arthur Bellfield


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
Added on May 9, 2008

Author

Arthur Bellfield
Arthur Bellfield

Dallas, TX



About
I'm a spokenword artist and writer whose recently published a volume of poetry entitled TRANSENDENTAL PLANTATION VOL. 1: SCATTERED THOUGHTS AND POEMS and a neo soul novel entitled GHETTO TO COFFEE SHO.. more..

Writing