Innocent

Innocent

A Story by Lil.Sis5

My feet echo on the polished, cherry oak floor. Silence fills the room and makes my heart pound. I’ll get the death sentence if they don’t believe me. I could never kill a child..never. The chains hitting together sound like winter bells and the orange jumpsuit turns into a sweat rag for my body. My heart pounds against my chest and tribal drums burst in my ears. I sit in the furbished chair and look at the judge. The jury has not returned before me. I wait patiently and every minute...every second seems like an eternity. A sour taste surfaces to my mouth and it makes my taste buds cringe. The clock seems to  get louder as the second hand ticks by like it doesn’t have a care in the world. A woman sobbing breaks the silence and a wave of quiet whispers tries to calm her. I would never kill a child. I walked by at the wrong time. The jury comes out of hiding and fills the emptied seats. The judge looks at the woman in charge and she stands. My heart races faster and sweat pours out of me. I lean to the edge of my seat. My breathing quickens and impatience sets in. Finally, she clears her throat and speaks. 

“We find the prisoner….” My stomach cramps and I lean closer. “.......Not guilty.” My body relaxed and I melted to the floor. Tears litter the orange jump suit and smiles claim my face. I did it. No jail and no time. Home….relaxation….hello weekend.

© 2015 Lil.Sis5


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on December 6, 2015
Last Updated on December 6, 2015