Mind

Mind

A Story by Lil.Sis5

Yelling, screaming, and arguing fills my house. I just want to get away. I grab my laptop and sit on the porch. The blank page brings my mind into a frenzy. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. The sound of flapping wings my ears and butterflies with wings the color of honey fly past my closed eyelids. The smell of fire wood and burnt marshmallows fills my nose. The fire blazes higher and higher. The mixture of reds, blues, and yellows sends shadows dancing across my face. The smell of s'mores makes my mouth water. The trees stretch high enough in the air that they could scratch the moon. My mind wanders about and gives me glimpses and images of the things I would love to see, hear, smell, or taste. I can live in this world. Vibrant fruits hang from low limbs. A blood red apple whispers to me. I pick the fruit carefully and sink my teeth into its flesh. Sweet juice bursts into my mouth and excites my taste buds. Cherry red and sunburst orange roses litter the ground. Their sweet smell fills the area around them. The dew on the grass sparkles when hit by the sunlight. The sky bursts mixtures of soft blues, violet purples, and daisy yellows. Welcome to my paradise…...Welcome to my mind.  

© 2015 Lil.Sis5


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not sure entirely what you are looking for in the way of reviews or if you are at all. However, I would like to say:

The critic:

Forgot the word "in" between wings and ears

When I imagine a butterfly, I pretty much solely think of it's wings, so stating it's wings are that color are a bit unnecessary.

This is a bit silly, but you only ever need 3 dots when making an ellipsis... ^^

The Praise: This gives me a great mental image and really strikes home with me, being in a situation that is beyond your control; Yelling you can't seem to get away from or even possibly violence at times, the short, quick sentences make the situation seem frantic. You did a great job showing people what your "Happy place" is, and I really can imagine myself there!"

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
1 Review
Added on December 6, 2015
Last Updated on December 6, 2015