No!

No!

A Story by Lil.Sis5

I watch her from the kitchen counter. She sits in front of the television watching Blues Clues with a bowl of cereal in her hands. Her chocolate brown curls fall carelessly around her face. She turns and looks back at me. Her hazel eyes are soft and playful.

“Mommy?” She asks. Her soft angel like voice fills the room.

“What is it Astrid?”

“What time is my party? When will everyone get here?”

“Around four.”

“No.” She says carelessly.

“No?” I ask. curious to her carelessness.

“I want everyone here now.” I giggle.

“Honey, they can’t just magically appear.”

“Yes they can.” I just looked at her and shook my head.

“No they can’t”

“Why?”

“Because everyone works.”

“Oh..” I nodded and she turned her attention back to the cartoon. I cleaned around the house and she followed me. Her questions where like rapid fire. She shot one off right after the other.

“What color is the sky? Why do I have to brush my teeth? Why can’t I have a bra?”

“The sky is blue, They will turn yellow, and because six year olds don’t need them.” I look at her and she stares back. She takes a deep breath.

“No Mommy.”

“Astrid, why ask me questions just to say no?”

“To show who’s smarter.” I stopped folding laundry and looked at her. She giggled and ran out of the room. Not long after she had gone I heard the door open and my husband’s voice bounced off the walls.

“Hey honey.”

“Hey, it’s only two.”

“Yeah, I got off early today.” I slid into the living room to greet him. Dirt covered and looking like he just climbed out of a hole, I kissed him anyway. We walked into the kitchen and sat at the table. We talked about what the day will bring. After our conversation he grabbed an apple from the bowl and started to walk out of the room.

“Hey!” I yelled.

“What?”

“Wash first!”

“Ha! Cute.” He says and walked out of the room. Just then Astrid walked into the room.

“Men.. can’t stand them, but can’t live without them.” 

“Six, Astrid. Remember...six.” She rolled her eyes and walked out of the room. Motherhood can’t get any more ridiculous in times like these.  

© 2015 Lil.Sis5


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great wording and I could visualize the scenes described!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 6, 2015
Last Updated on December 6, 2015