Questions for Wiccans by Christians: Answered

Questions for Wiccans by Christians: Answered

A Story by WitchyWiccan)0(
"

Questions on a Christian website answered by a Pagan High Priestess.

"

Q: How do you know your God exists?

A: I don’t. I have faith, just like you, just like everyone else. No one will know who or what is our God, or if there even IS a God, until we die.


Q: If your tradition contradicts the tradition of another Wiccan, can they both be objectively true?

A: Yes and no. Again, no one knows the TRUTH, until we die. I respect anyone and everyone for their religious beliefs, even if they DON’T respect mine.


Q:How do you feel about believing in the religious system where you cater your religion to your desires?if you cater/construct your religion according to our desires, then isn't it nothing more than your own invention?

A: Well, it isn’t exactly catering to your own desires, there’s just not that many strict rules. Although there is the wiccan rede, karma, and the rule of three that I live by. Isn’t religion in general a human concept?


Q: Is Wicca able to be shown to be false, or is it all non-verifiable ideas?

A: I don’t believe that religion is MEANT to be proven. It’s something that we can put our faith in. But to answer your question, Wicca has been proven to me time and again, as I talk to my Goddess at night, Nyx, the Goddess of night. And when I do spells, not just for the heck of it. I say that because not all of my spells have worked, but when I have looked back on it, it was because I didn’t truly want my spell to be enacted, or didn’t want it enough. The Goddess can read our hearts. Examples of spells I’ve done include a lost and found spell, in which my cat was gone for a week, and came back exactly 2 days after i did the spell, which is usually when my spells enact. A healing spell for my cousin who had a disease. She doesn’t have it anymore, bless her strong little heart. And, unfortunately to say, a lust spell, which ended up causing a girl on facebook to harrass me. I’m lesbian.


Q: If your spells and incantations produce results, how do you know that the power behind the results is good or not? How do you know that there is not something more sinister behind Wicca?

A: Well, to answer your first question, I dont think of myself as bad. And thats where the power of my spells comes from. To answer your second question, I don’t believe in truly good or bad, only negative and positive, like energy and vibrations. And trust me, you will be able to tell the difference when you feel positive energy and negative energy. Isn’t there a different feeling and vibration when you are angry, opposed to when you feel joyful? Well, it’s the same as when you do spells, or pray to the God/Goddess. That same elation, and positive vibration.


Q: Why do you think that rituals dealing with candles, knives, and such are able to affect nature?

A: It’s all symbolic. Candles represent fire, and the color represents your intention, for example blue candle would be calm, purple candle would be something to do with spirit, etc. Knives can represent cutting a tie, or the God, etc. Some Pagans and wiccans don’t like to use man made objects in their rituals. I personally only use a wand of wood, nothing adorned on it. Just plain wood. I use candles also, but not that much. And i use crystals. All nature based things.

© 2016 WitchyWiccan)0(


Author's Note

WitchyWiccan)0(
How would you answer these questions

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Q: How do you know your God exists?

A: I believe there's a God because there's proof in books, and most importantly, I sense his prescence. I also worship a god named Ahone, from Mattaponi Indian spirituality.
Q: If your tradition contradicts the tradition of another Wiccan, can they both be objectively true?

A: Everybody has different beliefs. We can learn new things out of them if we're polite, understanding, respect others' ways, but we still don't completely change the paths we know so well. There are many things to learn from, a few things to ignore in another Wiccan's beliefs. Respect and room to grow is always key.
Q:How do you feel about believing in the religious system where you cater your religion to your desires?if you cater/construct your religion according to our desires, then isn't it nothing more than your own invention?

A: Religion is just political. Not spiritual. Having a religion is like being Democrat or Republican. But spirituality, a sense of room and enlightenment, isn't political. No more religions! Just spirituality. Please.
and so on.

Posted 7 Years Ago


I really love this! Although all Wiccans have different opinions, I really like your wise style. You remind me of your goddess, Nyx.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 4, 2016
Last Updated on June 4, 2016
Tags: Questions, Wicca, Christianity

Author

WitchyWiccan)0(
WitchyWiccan)0(

Hampton, VA



About
Hello, my name is Nyxia Night, I am a Pagan High Priestess of the Lunar Night Coven. I am 18 years old, and live in hampton, VA. I write Short Stories, Novels, and nonfiction about myself and Paganism.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by WitchyWiccan)0(


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by WitchyWiccan)0(