The break

The break

A Chapter by ShiDeath
"

What is going on, how did it happen...where do we even start?

"

I'm not really sure of what goings on, I'm not really sure of how it happened or where it came from, but all I know is that it's here. Her pants grew louder in my ears as the slight grunts traveled from different parts of the room.


I put my finger on my lips lightly gesturing her to stay quiet. She nodded her head lightly and put her hand over her mouth to keep her gasps from escaping. I slowly shifted my body to a position in which I could spot my other friends. I looked over to the right side of the room and Tina was behind the couch crouched down looking out.


I noticed lately my parents have been acting strange, more aggressive than usual. They were arguing more, and my dad even started punching walls. I knew there was something up, but when I went to check on my mom…she was…well, eating my dad. I couldn't believe it, the acids in my stomach started to reject the food I had eaten earlier, but I hadn't really opened up to the situation until she turned around. Her eyes were pure white and her face was a muggy green, sunken in like she had decayed and blood was smeared all over her face and teeth. The only thing that came to mind was Zombie. I was frozen, even when I noticed she was charging at me, I couldn't even move.


I could sense a slight tug on my shirt, I turned around and Kelly was shaking her head pointing toward the other side of the room. When I looked to where her finger was pointed, there was my Zombie mother walking towards us. I put my finger on my lips repeatedly making sure she understood to stay quiet. I scoped the room quickly to fine another position to go to. I looked back over at Tina, who was looking right back at me. I didn't want to talk, god forbid I turn into those things. I waved over at Tina gesturing that I was coming over, she of course didn't get it. I sucked my teeth and pulled Kelly's shirt to come and follow me, my mom was coming at a steady pace. We kept crouching as long as we could, we made it safely half way until…


"Tinesha! It's coming!"


I jumped up and Kelly had ran passed me and toward Tina's direction. I looked behind me and my mom was running full charge towards us.


"S**t Kellicia!"

I ran toward the living room entrance on the other side and sprinted for the front door, Tina and Kelly were right behind me.


"Hurry up its coming!"


I turned around and glared at Kellicia


"Well no s**t, why don't you try it?"


Tina pushed me out the way and opened the door. I turned around to see how far my mother was and she was pretty much on our a*s. I closed the door and ran out toward the street. From what it looked like, everything seemed normal, like the fact that my mother was a brain eating freak was some little sick joke a twisted kid would come up with. What I wanted to know was, what the hell is going on and was I dreaming?

I looked over at Tina, her face wrote in bold letters "What the f**k is going on?" while Kelly on the other hand was crying. I guess you can say I'm a bit cold hearted, or have a different view on life. I wasn't sad, mad, scared and or even shocked. All I wanted was answers to what the hell was happening, the fact that my mother tried to eat me was beyond the point.


"What is going on…is this real?"


I scratched the back of my head and shrugged my shoulders, I guess me and Tina had the same thought in mind.


"I really don't know but I think we should keep moving."


I pointed to the porch in which my mother was standing on, she was covered in blood and pretty much running towards us.


"Oh s**t!"

Tina started sprinting down the street while Kelly and I followed behind, we headed down the street toward the gas station and stopped there.


"What the f**k is going on!"


Tina looked over at me with questioning eyes


"S**t, I'm about as lost as you are"


"It's your mom damn it, what is with her?"


I stood up straight and looked over at Tina


"I said I don't f*****g know!"


"Alright guys just calm down, look. All we know is that she was eating your dad, maybe its bath salts?"


I shook my head and sighed


"It can't be, not the way she looked"


Tina and Kelly stood up right and looked over at me inn confusion


"What do you mean? What do you think it is?"


I couldn't really believe what I was about to say but, it was the only thing that made sense to me.


"You know that dream I had"


"About you having a hot demon Korean girlfriend?"


I shook my head slightly and stared at Kelly and Tina seriously


"No, the zombie one"


There was a slight awkward silence for a while. They both looked at me like I was stupid or something. I knew it seemed idiotic of me to say since this was the real world and s**t like that only happens in movies or on TV, but it only seemed right for what just happened.


Tina laughed sarcastically


"You got to be f*****g kidding me, you really thing your mom turned into a zombie?


That's crazy!"


"I know it seems crazy, but she looked the part. Her eyes were rolled back and she was all green looking and decayed"


Kelly chimed into the conversation


"Maybe she's right, I mean…her mom did look…different"


Tina flailed her hands in the air


"Okay, fine….maybe she might just be."


She continued


"But if she is…what the hell are we supposed to do? I mean everyone else seems normal."


I looked around and she was right, everyone was pumping their gas like normal and not eating each other's face off. The only thing that kept flashing in my head was my dream…maybe that was the key to all my problems. Now I'm just talking crazy, a damn dream? No way.


"Guys…"


I looked and Kelly was pointing at something, I followed her finger and in that direction was a person. He looked different from everyone, he walked mighty slow and…


"Holy s**t!"

Before we know it, more people had begun to emerge, walking the same way. If I was listening carefully they were grunting…well at least that's what I thought. People were incautiously walking into the street causing cars to suddenly stop, some even skid. As more of them started walking into the street more cars crashed into each other cause what seemed to be the biggest accident in history.


"What the f**k…why are they…?"


"I was right"


Tina looked over at me and sighed


"I hate to admit it, but s**t...your right"


Suddenly a light bulb went off. A large smirk grew on my face, I turned toward Tina and shook her shoulder.


"Do you know what this means"


"Were all going to die?"


"NO! This means the time has come, my dream…its real!"


"Oh god…I think you've gone nuts"


I shook my head


"We need supplies…"


Kelly walked up and looked at me


"How are we going to get that...our money…it's in the house"


I smiled

"Simple, we steal it. The world has already gone to hell…what's the point of paying. They're going to keep spreading like wild fire and the last thing people are going to care about it three teenage girls robbing a gas station"


"No I'm not doing it"


Tine looked over at Kelly and frowned


"She's right, man the f**k up…we got to do this if we want to live"


"But…"

"Look if you don't want to do it Tina and I will gladly do it ourselves"


"Fine, you guys go steal…I'm just going to wait here till you get caught"


There wasn't time to waste, we both walked into the store and scoped around for anything we could use.

"I saw some bb guns…they got water and stuff to."


I nodded my head


"You get the bb guns and I'll get the water and food supply"


I stuffed some chips in my pants and grabbed a s**t ton of water bottles in my hand, I really wish I had a bag right now. I peeked over into the other isle and Tina was ripping open BB gun packets and stuffing guns in her pants and putting BB gun bullets in her pocket. She cause sight of me and I gestured her to hurry and come over. She stuffed the last gun in her pants and walked over.


"What now?"


"We got to get out of here and fast"


I turned my head to the door and outside you could see they were getting closer and by "they"…I meant the zombies.


"S**t your right"


"Uh…You ladies alright over there?"


The last thing we needed was for the cashier to be getting suspicious.


"Yeah, just trying to figure out what chips to get. We like them all and it's really hard to choose"


He chuckled


"Alright but make it quick"


I sucked my teeth


"Oh yeah we'll make it quick alright"


I turned over to Tina who was constantly shifting her pants


"Can we just go?"


"Yeah, on the count of three we head out the door, running"


She nodded in agreement


"Alright, one, two, three!"


We sprinted out of there hoping to not drop anything cause we needed all we could get.

The cashier noticed us and started following behind. I could hear him faintly yelling for us to stop, but we kept going.


"F**K KELLY LETS GO. RUN!"


"WHAT THE HELL YOU GUYS ACTUALLY DID IT?"


"RUN DAMN IT!"


Kelly started running behind us, I really wasn't fit for this because I could feel my body giving in as we made it to the sidewalk. The cashier was still chasing behind us, his screaming grew louder this time telling us to "f*****g stop, you thieving a*s b*****s" but, no matter how tired I was I wasn't going to stop. We made a sharp turn into a apartment complex down the street and hid behind a few bushes.


"S**t…is he gone?


I peeked around the bushes to see if I could catch a glimpse of him, but he was nowhere to be found. I wasn't about to take any chances getting caught so I decided to just sit there.


"Let's stay here for a little, just to be on the safe side"


They both nodded in agreement. Tina took out the guns from her pants and started loading the bullets into them


"This isn't a real one but it's better than nothing, right?"


"Hell yeah"


I opened a bottle of water and took a few gulps. I really couldn't wrap everything around my head right now, but as of the moment there wasn't time for that. All I knew was there were real life actual zombies walking around eating people. My parents turned into those things…and I wasn't about to. I needed to do whatever it took to stay alive.


"For Christ sake Kellicia, stop f*****g crying"


I turned and looked at Kelly, she had tears in her eyes and was shaking terribly


"You see this Tinesha, we can't have that we'll die if she keeps that up"


"It's a bit hard for her to take in, just giver he sometime"


"But she's not the one who almost got eaten by her mom!"


"Keep it down, I don't want those things coming over here"


"Sorry, but she needs to man up…we can't have that right now"

I sighed and looked over at Kelly


"She's right you know, this is not the time for crying."


"I know I know…it's just…it's so scary"


"I know, but for now just be strong and go along with us on this."


"What do we do now Tinesha?"


"We need a car"


"Oh hell no, I'm not jacking no bodies car…this is not grand theft auto"


I laughed


"No, I know somebody who has one and can drive it"


They both spoke in unison


"Who?"


"Mitch"


A/N: If you took the time to read this thank you! Me and my friend worked hard on this story bringing it to life and we hope you enjoyed. Leave you thoughts in the reviews






© 2013 ShiDeath


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked reading this. I actually wrote something somewhat similar to this a while ago (much less conversation in mine though) These are fun to write since all is a go!

Posted 10 Years Ago


ShiDeath

10 Years Ago

Thanks, since the characters are somewhat younger I didn't want it to be too descriptive with all of.. read more
Steve

10 Years Ago

Well, you did well. Nice job. Write more to it now.
ShiDeath

10 Years Ago

Sure will!
I'm sorry but I can't say much...just...
I FREAKING LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS DID AN AMAZING JOB WITH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ShiDeath

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much, I've been posting this everywhere and this is pretty much the first feedback I've go.. read more
Riding the Rainbow

10 Years Ago

can't wait!!!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 22, 2013
Last Updated on July 22, 2013
Tags: zombies, apocalypse, horror, death, drama, romance, smut, gore, blood, killing, swearing, tragedy


Author

ShiDeath
ShiDeath

FL



About
Hi, my name is Tinesha! I've been writing stories for a while now. I feel I have improved a lot over the past years and I'm ready to start writing as a career! Although I'm still young there's nothing.. more..

Writing