Pleep the Dragon Book One

Pleep the Dragon Book One

A Chapter by Wolf_Lord
"

Sir Herman/knight of the old order/knights have fallen into disrepute... He goes on a quest to slay a dragon and hopefully restore glory to the knights. Instead he finds a headache in a small package

"
PG 1:                             Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter One
 
CHANCE MEETING/THE TOWN/THE CASTLE
 
Prologue:
 
   There was once a time when knights in shining armor fell into disrepute. 
Now was the time of King's army's and the knights were mostly the stuff of tales.  
Valor, and the Knight's code were no longer practiced and the few knights who were left were ridiculed and made fun of.  This is the tale of one such knight and his quest to bring back the honor of his family and prove that knights were not a thing of the past.
***
This is also the tale of a little dragon with no name. 
It had been a week or so that his mother had not shown up.  Never before had she been gone longer than a couple of days.  The little dragon was cold and lonely and very, very, hungry.
***
  The tale starts when this knight in shining armor had come to the cave of the dreaded dragon.  He is there to slay the beast.  He is brave and strong and very determined to make a name for himself.  He is one of the last of the knights in shining armor, and he is going to bring home the dragon’s head.
***
  He stood now in front of the cave of the dragon and yelled, "Come out dragon, I, Sir Herman would fight thee!"  No sound came from the cave though.  He yelled louder, "Come out dragon!  Come out or I will come in after you."  Still no sound came from the cave.  So he stomped into the cave swinging his sword and yelling.  "Come out and fight like a dragon, or are you a coward?"  Yet, still there was no sound.    The cave seemed to be empty.   Empty and dark, the cave smelled bad too.  Somewhere water was dripping.  The drips echoed as if in a large cavern.  The knight put his hand on the wall and the gauntlet slipped as if it was slimy.  There was a thud.  The knight jumped putting his sword in guard position.  Ready for any thing that might come, yet nothing did.  "Face me Dragon," he yelled, " Face me in the light." 
PG 2:                             Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter One
 
 There was a scratching sound like nails being dragged across armor or metal, it came from ahead.  Tired of waiting he stomped towards the sound, his breath hissing through his teeth, sweat running from under his helmet and into his eyes.  He had nothing to wipe it off with.  Eyes stinging and filled with anger he stalked the dragon and he…ran into the wall at the back of the cave.  He clattered to the ground, just barely holding to his sword.  He rolled on his back and struck upward for he thought he had felt the dragon's breath on his neck when he fell.
 
   Nothing, not a sound not a peep, what on earth was going on.  He got to his feet swinging the sword gently but finding nothing.  " Quit playing games with me Dragon.  I Sir Herman challenge you to combat," he yelled.  He only heard the echo of his own voice.  "This is for the birds," he muttered to himself, " There be nothing here but my echo and the echo of my footsteps."   He put away his sword safe in the sheath, turned and started stomping for the front of the cave.  He was a bout a good fifty-yard dash from the front of the cave when a noise made him jump and draw metal again.  It was a very strange noise, and had come from his right.  Sir Herman heard it twice more but could not tell where it was coming from.  In fact, it seemed to be coming from the wall to his right but it was hard to tell because of the echoes.  He put his hand on the wall and could feel a kind of shaking with the noise as if something were running.  Whatever it was it was at least as big as a horse, but running on two legs.
 
  Suddenly his hand, which was trailing along the wall, felt air instead of rock.  There was a small cave leading off the big cave.  He had not noticed it before because it was so small.  Surely it was way too small for a dragon.  Thud, thud, thud, thud, whatever it was it was coming down the tunnel and it was coming fast.  He backed away from the tunnel and got his back to the cave wall where he could see whatever it was in the light from the front of the cave.  
That put him about ten feet from the tunnel at this part of the cave.  He could hear a hissing now like the kettle at home his dad had invented, it would hiss and whistle.  This sound was just like it but much louder.  
 
 
PG 3:                             Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter One 
 
Thud, thud, whistle, hiss, it was almost upon him; he raised his sword above his head for a good forward strike…and almost dropped it.  It was a dragon all right, but the last kind of dragon he ever expected to see.  For it was…a baby dragon. 
 
  The baby dragon slid out of the cave going too fast and out of control.  He saw the knight with the sword and trying his best to stop, he belly-flopped onto the cave floor and slid to within a few feet of Sir Herman head first.  The knight hesitated, unsure what to do he did not know whether to laugh or kill the thing.  The look on its face showed fear, but the kind of fear that a child shows when they know they have done something wrong.   The darn thing actually looked embarrassed as if caught doing something naughty.  Now it was getting to its feet and the knight had to make a decision quickly, for although a baby, the dragon was easily as big as his horse, and had a long neck that could strike like a snake.  Even a baby dragon was dangerous, and he may still have to fight his way out.  
 
  The baby dragon sat up on his hind legs looking almost like a begging dog.  The knight chuckled at the thought, and then was mad at himself for dropping his guard.  This thing had razor sharp claws, teeth bigger then his fingers, and sitting up like that, he topped the knight by about two feet.  The baby dragon opened that toothy mouth and out came the darndest sound Sir Herman had ever heard, the sound that had startled him, on his way out of the cave.  The dragon went 'Pleep!' and the walls echoed it back, Pleep, Pleep, Pleep, Pleep!  The little dragon seemed to enjoy the echoes and did it several more times.  The echoes were maddening and loud enough to start the cave shaking, also shaking dirt loose from the wall.  " Stop That Racket!!" yelled Sir Herman.  He had yelled without thinking, but to his surprise the little dragon shut his mouth instantly, and took a step backwards.  He looked hurt and confused.  For a dragon, he sure was good at showing what he was feeling in his face.  
 
 
PG 4:                             Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter One
 
  " Well there, little dragon," said the knight into the silence, " I don't mean you no harm."  He spoke gently now to the dragon for he had come to a decision. He was going to walk out and leave the baby to it's own devices.  He just did not have the heart to slay it.  He lived by a code higher then that, and though a real danger, this little dragon would be no match for him.  This was not what he had come for.  He stepped backwards toward the cave front keeping his sword forward just in case, and talking gentle the whole time hoping he could get out without having to kill the beast.  Hoping also, that mom would not come through the cave entrance now.  For he knew now that that the big dragon must be its mother and if she caught him with a sword on her baby, she might go crazy.  Then he would have to kill them both, that is, if he could.  There is nothing more dangerous then a mother defending her young.  His time could be running out.
 
  Suddenly the little dragon came whomping towards him, and he almost swung his sword, however, at the last minute he withheld his strike. For it was not attacking, in fact it was… purring like a little cat and wagging his tail like a dog glad to see his owner.  He purred loudly as he rubbed his little head against the knight's rough armor.  Then he looked at Sir Herman with little sad eyes, waiting to be pet.  Sir Herman did not know what to do.  Here he had come to fight an evil dragon.  Instead, he was facing a purring baby dragon that thought he was a cat.  Without thinking, he scratched the little dragon between the eyes and absently pat him on the head as he put away his sword.  Finally, with armor clanking he stomped out of the cave.  Of course the little dragon followed him out of the cave and into the light, which would not do at all.  He yelled at the little dragon but this seemed to have no effect so finally he pulled his sword and ran yelling at it, and chased it back into the cave.
 
  Sir Herman found his horse and untied the rope from the stump.  She was a pretty horse, black and white almost like a zebra with big wide stripes.  The horse was gentle but fast; she liked her rider a lot. Sir Herman treated her well.  You could tell by the way the horse took his hand in her mouth.  She did not bite, just used her lips.  
 
PG 5:                             Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter One
 
All of a sudden, Nelly, the horse, rolled her eyes in fear.  "Pleep," heard Sir Herman.  He turned to look, and Nelly's reins jerked out of his hands.  Nelly had seen the little dragon also, and had headed for the hills.  This just did not seem to be Sir Herman's day.  He gave a big sigh and started to follow the horse.  The little dragon followed him of course.   The knight spun around and yelled, again it had no effect.  Finally, he pulled out his sword and yelling chased the little dragon back into the cave once more.  It seemed that even a baby dragon knew a sword is bad.  They know the sword as their enemy from birth.  "And stay there" yelled Sir Herman!    
 
  It took a while to find the horse.  The day was hot and clear and his armor was heavy.  By the time he found the horse he was half roasted and sweaty.  Nelly had caught her reins in a bush.   Bringing her to a halt. Usually though, she did not run far.  She liked Sir Herman too much to run far, but run she would if spooked.  He mounted the horse and slapped her lightly on the neck.  Horse love taps, to show he wasn't mad.  "Come on Nelly girl," he told her, "Back to town."  Her ears perked up at that.  Town meant other horses; people, she liked that.  She got lonely at the little castle.  Sir Herman did not ride her all the time and there were no other horses.
 
  Both horse and rider heard a strange noise.  It sounded like 'Whomp, Whomp, Whomp,' over and over.  Then they heard "Pleeep, Pleep!"    The baby dragon was right on their tail; in fact, almost up to Nelly's tail.      Nelly's eyes rolled in terror and she almost dumped her rider as she bolted ahead.  She galloped so fast, Sir Herman's armor almost bounced off his body.  It made a horrible clatter, which did not help the horse calm down at all.  Nelly suddenly put on the brakes, almost throwing poor Sir Herman over her head.  The little dragon was flying above them now and the shadow had spooked the horse again.  This was getting serious.  He had to find a way to lose that dragon or his horse might break a leg or just be done in by the terror.
  
PG 6:                             Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter One
 
  He took a firm hand on the reins and clapped heels to Nelly's flanks. He made her bolt to the left into the woods.  They crashed through brush, branches tearing at them both; then broke out onto the animal path that the knight knew was there.  The path was used by deer and such, and was big enough for them.  It was mostly covered above with branches, as well as being twisty.  Soon the little "Pleep" sound made by the dragon was well in the distance.  Now they no longer heard it.  They broke out of the path onto the main road just above the town.  Town wasn't much, about twenty buildings and only two of them houses.  The rest were stores, shops, stables, and of course the town hall and meeting place.  Most of the people lived outside of the town and only came in on the weekends for market days.  Being a weekday the town was pretty much empty.  
 
The Town:
 
  It was with a sigh of relief that the tired knight greeted the sight of town. Soon he had Nelly tied to a rail in front of his favorite tavern.  There were only two, the Dragon Inn, and the Nameless Tavern.  The Nameless Tavern was kind of lowbrow, a rough bunch that would not be welcome in the Dragon Inn his favorite.  Ah the company of friends and something to wet his throat.  He was looking forward to both as he swung through the swinging doors.  His friends however had other ideas.  Most of which were teasing poor Sir Herman.  Knights were a thing of the past.  Now, the King had armies, and most towns were getting armies too.  His so-called friends teased him a lot.
 
  As he came through the door, blinking in the poor light, he was struck from behind and almost landed on the counter.  Everybody laughed and the burly warrior, Dirk, brayed like a donkey.  It was him who had clapped the knight between the shoulders, sending him flying.  Now he was smirking at him and he clapped a hand on the knight's shoulder.  " So Sir Herman," he said in a gruff voice, "Where is the head of the dragon?" "Or," he continued, "Was he too big for you?" Guffaw, snort, "Or maybe, it was a girl and your silly code would not let you hurt her?"
  
PG 7:                             Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter One
 
 What a nightmare, the seven or eight people in the room looked at him with contempt.  They were laughing openly at him.  Even that pretty bar maid Sheila.  Was this how he appeared to people, a laughing stock of an age gone by? Why, Dirk was nothing but a wet behind the ears pup.  Sir Herman had seen real battle.  Knight against Knight, horse and rider, and finished with a sword.  Not a cowardly arrow from a dark grove, but real fighting man to man.  It was high time to teach this pup a lesson.  He stripped off a gauntlet to slap the warriors face but he never finished the move.  There was a loud crashing and crunching, then a shriek from the barmaid.  Followed next of course by the sound, 'Pleep.' 
 
   The little dragon now stood with the remains of one of the swinging doors, around his neck like a necklace.  'Pleep?' said the dragon, as a few more bricks fell out of the wall behind him, proving that even a baby dragon is terribly strong.  Sir Herman had, had enough.  He stomped straight up to the dragon and made every one gasp by striking it in the face with the gauntlet dangling in his hand.  "Darn it Dragon," he roared, "I told you to let me be!"   "Bad Dragon," he yelled as he struck him in the snoot again.  The dragon looked confused as only the young of any race can look confused.  Sir Herman looked like the wrath of God.  Everyone else looked on in terror, huddled all in one corner.  Of Dirk the supposed warrior, there was no sign.  He had left the tavern rather quickly, without saying goodbye.
 
  Then one voice rose up, and not a happy one.  It broke the spell that seemed to be holding everything in place.  "Does this…this thing, belong to you Sir Herman?"  The angry voice belonged to the innkeeper.  The thing that the Innkeeper referred to was of course the baby dragon, and quite a mess the little dragon had made.  The place was a shambles.  Broken furniture littered the place.  The front swinging doors were a wreck, and chunks of the wall were still falling with little 'plumph' noises. Except for that there was complete silence for a minute, as Sir Herman gathered his wits about him.  His wits seemed to be pretty well scattered and he could think of nothing reasonable to say to account for this.  
 
 PG 8:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter One
 
'Pleep,' said the little dragon, managing once again to show his emotions by looking abashed.  The half of the swinging door around his neck fell off with a clatter. That seemed to break the spell and the huddled people in the back of the bar all started talking at once.  "A dragon!"  "Never seen the like."  " He's tamed it!" "Will I never."  "Ma will never believe this." " Uh-humph!"
The Innkeeper said the last loudly and everyone quieted down to see what was going to happen next.  What a story they would have to tell to their friends and relatives.   Poor Sir Herman had turned a kind of beat red and was so put out he couldn't seem to speak well.  He stammered as he said, "W-w-well, n-not exactly my dragon.  I, w-well I     j-ust c-can't seem to be rid of the beast."  He swallowed nervously.  What a fool he must look.  He would never live this down. Then there was that darn dragon, sitting there begging like, with an adoring look on his face, what was he going to do.
 
  " Wee-ell," said the Innkeeper mockingly, "Until you are rid of that Beast, I suggest you do your drinking someplace else, and," he continued while holding out his hand, "That will be one gold coin to fix the damages and for the ale you knocked over.  Everybody gets a drink on the house.  Or on Sir Herman such as it is."  There was a halfhearted cheer from the customers.  Sir Herman sighed and removed his single gold coin from the pouch at his waist.  He flipped it to the Innkeeper who caught it in mid air and made it disappear.  It was a coin he could ill afford, yet what choice did he have?  The Knight turned and clomped out the door and of course the baby dragon followed him. 
 
  There ensued another game of dragon and knight.  Ducking in and out of ravines and under trees, Sir Herman was on his own turf now and not a chance the dragon could keep him in sight here.  He had seen neither hide nor hair, of the dragon, 'so to speak' for a good hour.  It seemed he was finally rid of the little pest.  He had a moment's guilty pang, hoping the little beast made it back to its cave.  It was after all kind of cute.  Then he as quickly wondered if he was losing his wits again. 
 
PG 9:                             Created by Anthony Hotopp 
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter One
 
 After all this was a dragon he was thinking about.  Not a faithful dog, or a good horse like the one under him.  Yet somehow he could not shake a little fondness for the beast, the emotions running across that face so open and trusting.  The look on its face when he had slapped it and called it a 'bad dragon' that was worth a thousand laughs itself.  God, he must have been out of his mind, but the berserker rage had taken him, and he had learned to strike first with his wits, his sharp tongue, and his quickness, before settling with a blade.  You gave the enemy the first chance at a strike.  At least one on one, in battle the rules were different. 
 
The Castle:
 
His castle had never looked so good.  It was a small castle; no more than fifty people could live within it.  Yet it was solid and a pretty little thing.  It had twin conical towers that tapered to a point from which flew his family's banner.  The moat was substantial being about 20 feet across, and fed from an underground spring.  It was mineral water and drinkable but it smelled like eggs and was thicker than most water.  It could be tolerated, but the well in the cellar of the castle was pure and sparkling.  This was the secret of the castles still standing.  They could withhold siege as long as the food held out, of which there was an almost endless supply, thanks to his dad.  It was one thing he had insisted on; the cellars being always stocked for siege.
 
  'Ah, a bath,' thought Sir Herman, that was what he really needed.  That water from the moat when heated was wonderful for tight or torn muscles.  He clacked across the drawbridge and into the courtyard.  The courtyard was airy and quite large.  In times of war when the land had had vassals, they would hold up here.  A hundred people could easily pitch tent and awning within this court.  He headed in and towards the stables.  There he was met by his stable master, and to his surprise, his wife, who greeted him with a warm welcome home kiss, as soon as he dismounted. Well, this was a lovely change.  
  
PG 10:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter One 
 
Usually she waited until he was relaxed in his bath, and would enter screeching and yelling about money, new clothes jewelry, and such.  As if she did not have enough.  What would she think, he thought wryly, if I told her we needed to sell her jewelry to save the land and castle?  Yet he could not express such thoughts when she was being pleasant for once. 
 
  She had become shrewish and demanding of late.  Calling him a coward for not joining the army to go off and fight some distant war.  Saying he did not care about her and if he did he would know what he had to do to keep her happy.  However, it seemed she had missed him. She had been afraid the dragon had killed him.  He took her in his arms and almost wept; so nice was it to know she did after all care.  Maybe he had been wrong. It would be worth the effort to keep his beautiful wife happy.  A few years of warrior's wages would set everything right.  Then he could buy seed for the fields, take on more serfs again, increase the stables, and grow grapes for wine.  It would only take a few years, and she would be here waiting for him; to greet him with open arms…
 
  There was a horrendous crashing noise from the castle proper.  Several people screamed.  Then people came rushing out the castle doors with looks of terror on their faces.  Sir Herman clanked across the courtyard and threw open the main doors.  More people ran out the now open doors without a single word or look back.  They were running for their lives.  More crashing and another scream from upstairs and then, thud, thud, thud, the baby dragon appeared at the top of the in curving staircase.  'Plee-eep!' said the little dragon happy to see his friend again.  He thudded down the staircase on which he barely fit, scattering rock and mortar beneath his claws.  Someone screamed in his ear and he heard a thud.  He turned to find his wife laying on the ground in a faint.                         
End Chapter One: Book One

Created by ANTHONY HOTOPP

[email protected]

[email protected]

All Rights Reserved By

ACH Incorporated

ACH Unpublished Works 2002


PG 11:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp 
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter Two
 
THE QUEST/ NAMING OF A DRAGON/THE BONDING/ AN UNKNOWN ENEMY/ TROLL ATTACK
 The Quest:
 
  "Wake up darling, wake up now," said Sir Herman as he held his wife in his hands and gently patted her face.  She moaned and her eyelids fluttered.  Her eyelids fluttered again and blinked open.  Her eyes focused on the knight and then fixed above his right shoulder.   She screamed in the knight's ear once more and fainted dead away.  'Pleep?' said the little dragon, which had been looking over Sir Herman's shoulder with a look of concern.  "Darn it dragon," thundered the knight, back off, give her room.  Again to his surprise the little dragon looked crestfallen and backed up until his tail was against the wall.  
  
  Maybe the critter was not as stupid as he thought, but he had no time for that now.   He woke up his wife again.  This time she reared up out of his arms shrieking at the top of her voice, "What is that thing and what is it doing in my house!!!"  " Now honey, its ok, it is just a baby dragon."  "How in Hades did it get here?!" she yelled, rounding on him with an accusing finger.  Sir Herman started stammering again.  " I-I-I I d-don't know, it just k-kinda followed m-me home."  In a slightly defensive tone he added, " I tried to lose it!"  " You tried to lose it!" she cried turning an unlovely shade of red, " HERMAN ALISTAIR BROOKS YOU GET THAT DRAGON OUT OF MY HOUSE THIS MINUTE!!!!  DO YOU HEAR ME”? 
 
  He heard her all right.  Probably they had heard her in the town miles away. He hung his head in shame and without another word left.  Of course with the little dragon whomping and pleeping happily behind him.  The dragon did not seem to care where they were going as long as he was with his new friend.  Soon, the knight, the dragon, and a tired upset horse were heading into the setting sun.  
Nelly kept looking back at the dragon and then rolling her eyes at her rider as if she thought he was a little daft.  Sir Herman couldn't agree more. 
  
PG 12:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter Two
 
The knight did not seem to care where they were going either.  He was just heading 'that-a-way' until he could think of something better to do.  Darkness settled in and still they rattled and clomped and thumped along until the horse stumbled on a hidden root or hole, and almost threw the knight off.  He came out of his foggy thoughts and looked around him for the first time.  Then the smell hit him.
 
  No wonder the horse had stumbled.  He had unknowingly brought him to the boggy swamp.  Not only that but they were deep inside of it.  He was lucky they had not stumbled into quicksand or worse.  It was rumored that many strange monsters lived within the Bog, as it was called.  He clomped and his boots slurped as he dismounted and tried to find firm ground.  Finally, he found a suitable place.  
There was no chance of trying to get out of the bog now.  It was sheer luck they had not been slurped down to the depths and he was not going to take the chance this deep in.  He gathered all the dry wood he could find without straying too far and built it up for a fire.  The dragon seemed amazed at the long sparks he produced with the flint and got the idea to help him.  Pleep shot his head forward on his long neck and a blast of fire so hot came from his mouth it completely ate up the wood the knight had gathered. 
 
  Pleep seemed to think this was some kind of game for twice more Sir Herman gathered wood and twice more the little dragon blasted it into embers, and even the embers were consumed by that fiery hot breath.  Finally, with a long-suffering sigh, Sir Herman gave up on having a fire.  "Dragon, what am I going to do with you?"  He sat down on a stump, propped his chin on his fist, and looked his newfound dragon friend over.  He continued, " You got me kicked out of my favorite place. Thrown out of my castle and home, and now you wont even let me have a gosh darned fire."  The little dragon blinked huge gold-flecked eyes at him, looking concerned and as if he was considering the problem at hand.  Sir Herman chuckled.  
  
PG 13                             Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter Two
 
ming of a dragon:   
 
 "Well little one, I have a feeling we are to be together for a while, as if I have a choice, you seem to have taken a shine to me, and I can't just keep calling you dragon, so I suppose I need to come up with a name for you.  What do you think of George?"  "Pleep" said the little dragon.     " No? How about spot then?  I once had a dog named spot."  The little dragon looked distressed.  " Pleep!" he said a little louder.  The knight whacked his hand on his knee and laughed.  He seemed to find the situation funny.  Or at least the silly look on the dragons face when he had asked him if he wanted to be called spot.  Surely the dragon did not understand him and perhaps just reacted to the tones of his voice like an animal, but he could swear that the little dragon did understand, just by the emotions that so easily crossed his features.  He had decided it was a boy. 
 
" Well, ‘Pleep’, it is then boy.  Glad to meet you boy.  I am Sir Herman, but you can call me Herm.  Now Pleep, what are we going to do with you?  I can't have you following me all over creation. There has to be something you want of me?  If only I could figure that out, we could be on our separate ways."  Pleep nodded his head, a very serious expression on his face.  He seemed to be gravely considering what the knight said to him.  The moon took that moment to break through the clouds and surround the dragon with an iridescent light.  He was beautiful, with gold-green shining scales that winked with a hint of fire.  'He really was a cute little bugger', thought the knight to himself. Surrounded by the glow of the moon, the air itself around Pleep seemed to take on a golden cast.  It was cute the way his face changed; right now his face seemed to twitch about the mouth as if he was trying to say something.  "MMMMMM"  "MMMMM" came from the dragon startling the knight out of his thoughts.  " What was that boy?  Are you trying to say something?"     
 
  Pleep drooped his head as if ashamed.  Sir Herman felt silly.  Who had ever heard of a dragon talking anyways?  He had been talking aloud merely to get his thoughts in order.  It was not as if he really expected an answer to his questions. 
 
PG 14:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter Two
 
 Then he nearly jumped out of his boots when the dragon screamed out the word, "MOMMA" clear as day.  The look on the little dragon’s face was pitiful, and full of sorrow.  Big blue tears welled up in Pleep's eyes and spilled over his gold-green scales.  Pleep gave him an imploring look and then stared to the west as the tears rolled from his eyes.  He made little whimpering sounds.  Sir Herman shook his head in amazement.
 
  These were not the eyes of a stupid animal.  Nor could an animal make himself so clear.  This was an intelligent creature, and had understood him, at least enough to make his own needs clear.  It was all that the knight needed to come to a decision.  " Well Pleep, we seem to have come to an understanding.  I find your momma, dead or alive, and then we go our separate ways, right?"  Pleep looked him straight in the eye and nodded.  Whether it was the words he understood or the intent, he did not know, but the important thing was they understood each other.  Sir Herman prepared himself to sleep and upon curling up, found himself surrounded by a warm purring dragon.  Pleep formed a nice warm little nest for him to sleep in, much warmer than a fire would have been.  Soon he was deep asleep. 
 
The Bonding:
 
  He awoke to a bucket full of sunshine spilled upon his helm.  He had been so tired he had fallen asleep in his gear and the morning sun was rapidly warming up his armor.  There was a mouth-watering odor upon the wind, and turning to his left he saw that the little dragon was thoughtfully providing breakfast.  Pleep was sitting again like a begging puppy with the proudest look on his face, and a burnt rabbit in his mouth.  For that is the way of dragons and food, they roast it with their fiery breath, then depending on the size, usually eat it whole or in large hunks.  Pleep was practically beaming with happiness, and his tail wagging away just like the knight’s old bird dog.  He laughed at the sight and sat up pulling off his helm, which was making him sweat.  Pleep carefully sat the burnt rabbit on rock near Sir Herman, as if he knew the knight did not like dirt and twigs on it.  The knight looked at it with distaste, but hunger finally won out and he tried it.  
 
PG 15:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter Two
 
  Even though burnt on the outside and raw in the middle, it was one of the best rabbit the knight had ever had.  'Hunger really does make the best sauce', thought the knight when he realized he had eaten most of it.  "Thank you Pleep," he told the little dragon, " that was very thoughtful of you."  Pleep nodded his head with his eyes gleaming with pride.  Sir Herman still was not quite sure if Pleep understood him, or at least not every word, but the dragon was showing more and more that he did, and it was only polite to thank him.  Common courtesy and politeness were also part of the knight's code.
 
  Sir Herman saw with a start of guilt that he had left poor Nelly saddled and bridled.  He made clucking noises to her as he took the bit from her mouth and the saddle and saddlebags from her back.  "Poor baby," he told her as he dug for a hunk of sugar from his bag.  She loved sugar and he only gave it to her as a treat.  When she had been very good or had done an exceptional ride.  She had never deserved it more than she did now.  He had ridden her hard, harder than she ever had been ridden, even in battle.  Then he had neglected her and went to sleep without a thought of her comfort.  That was no way to treat a good animal. 
 
 Her eyes lit up when she saw the large chunk of sugar the knight had for her.  She rolled her eyes back at the dragon once or twice, but she seemed a little less afraid of him.  In the knight’s other hand was a brush he had taken from the pack, and he brushed out the tangles in her mane as she nibbled the chunk of sugar in his hand.  When she was finished he got to work on the rest of her and soon she looked like a new horse.  She nibbled then at bushes and berries while the knight broke camp and re-saddled her.
 
 Good old Rufus his groom had filled his bags well.  He had water, trail food and a pot, flint and tinder, (a lot of good that would do if the dragon would not let him have a fire) and all the things he would have picked out if he'd had the chance.  Grooms like Rufus were a million in one and he was very lucky to have him.  He sat and sharpened his sword for a while as he nibbled on nuts and dried fruit.  Then he shared water with the horse by cupping it in his hand. Pleep of course found his own.   
 
PG 16:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter Two
 
Soon all was in order and the knight mounted.  Nelly still looked a little nervous about the dragon, but looked back less and less.  Pleep followed whomping or flying as the urge took him.  Day followed night and night-followed day, and they fell unto a kind of routine.  Pleep provided fresh meat whenever he found it.  Sir Herman found nuts and berries and tough but sweet grass for the horse.  The horse carried the knight and the supplies and kept a wary but not unfriendly eye on the dragon.  Always they rode into the setting sun, for it is the way of hunting dragons to follow it also.  That was perhaps rumor, but, his father had told it to him, and his dad had been a great hunter.  Also it was the only clue they had to which way mom had gone.
 
  Pleep and him had much more understanding now than before because of the nightly lessons given by Sir Herman.  Pleep could now say momma, fire, food, sleep, and oops.  The last one was said often as baby dragons are quite clumsy at times and understanding was not always perfect.  Pleep would let the knight have a fire now and had enough control of his flame to let it trickle into the prepared wood and set it ablaze.  Also he did not burn Sir Herman's food anymore, catching and killing it but letting the knight take care of the cooking of it himself.
 
  Every evening after dark Sir Herman would douse the fire and curl up in the warmth of the little dragon’s body.  On these lonely nights he would ramble on and on to Pleep, about his home, his wife, a life he hated, and how much he was enjoying the little dragons company.  It was as if Pleep were an old trusted friend whom he knew would not tell on him.  In a way it was true for Pleep had not the words to tell on him.  Yet it was not only that which made the knight confess to his friend.  It was loneliness and a hard life.  It was having someone to listen who did not judge.  Mostly though it eased his loneliness and the dragon seemed to need it too.  Pleep no longer whimpered in his sleep, crying out momma in his dreams, as he had the first couple of nights.

PG 17:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp 
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter Two
 
An unknown enemy:
 
  The fourth night out Sir Herman woke to a blast of flame.  For a confused moment the knight thought Pleep was trying to roast him or the horse for breakfast, till he heard the yelps.  Yellow eyes danced in the light of the dragon’s flame and then they were on him.  He barely got his sword out in time to spear the monster wolf, which was lunging for his throat.  Then they were all around him.  Nelly got two with her hooves, rearing up and then dropping quickly down upon them.  She was after all a warhorse, and trained for such as this. Pleep's flames lit up the night sky again and again until finally there was not a wolf standing.  Pleep had taken out ten of them, Sir Herman five, and Nelly three.  They made a good team.  The few left had bolted and run, tongues hanging from blood filled mouths.  They had fed on the remains of their brothers and had no need now to hang around.  
 
  'This did not make sense,' Thought the knight. Wolves did not usually attack people, for there was plenty of game in the woods and they were wary of people.  Even more perplexing was that wolves would attack something as big as a dragon.  Nor did they usually run in packs; family units of maybe six or seven plus pups, but never in numbers like these.  There was something funny going on here and the knight did not think it funny at all.  It was almost as if they were sent.  But who would have the power to do such?  It would take a powerful wizard to do such a thing; to command the loyalty of such animals and make them do his bidding.  Surely it must be his imagination.  Perhaps something had happened that killed off their natural food and they had to band together for survival.  It was probably the horse that had attracted them, and they were so hungry they cared not a wit for the knight or dragon.  That had to be it or at least he hoped that was it.
 
  On an impulse he petted Pleep between the eyes.  "Thank you Pleep, if not for you, Nelly and I would be dead.  Pleep purred with contentment, then to the knight's surprise, Nelly came and stood near him, right in front of the dragon.  She snorted and then slowly backed away.  It seemed she was thanking Pleep too. 
 
PG 18:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter Two
 
 From that day on she never rolled her eyes at the dragon or shied away from him.  In the days and nights to follow she would sleep on her feet right near the coiled dragon and his dragon nest full of Sir Herman.  They both shared his warmth and protection for usually not much would bother even a little dragon.  Even Nelly, the horse was smart enough to realize who her friends were.  As for the dragon and the knight, they had formed an unbreakable bond.  Each of them had proved their worth to each other; as warriors and reliable in a fight.  
 
 
  The night after that and the night following they were attacked again by Wolves.  They were a team now and it was no problem but it was very strange. Wolves usually did not bother dragons and this was three times now.  The next night it got even weirder, when they were attacked by a pride of Lions. Pleep had not smelled anything nor seen any sign of them until they attacked. It was as if they had appeared by magic.  Pleep had been sleeping, with one eye open, (so to say) on the alert for Wolves, when suddenly he had a face full of lions all trying to scratch his eyes out.  He was in real trouble.  One was on his neck ripping at his tender ears while the others tried to take his face off.  Even his natural armor was not tough enough to stand against a determined pride of lions.  A shining sword slashed through the air and just about beheaded the lion on his back.  Nelly leaped so high and came down on the lion in front of him so hard that it crunched.  Another lion fell to the knight's sword.  Then one was on Nelly's back, and Pleep snaked out his neck and crunched that one with his very large, very sharp teeth.  The rest broke and ran with mewing lion pups following.  All three defenders had suffered injuries but none of them too bad.  Nelly had got the worst scoring on one flank, and limped for the rest of the night.  
 
Troll attack:
 
  Sir Herman had made them move on through the night because he, like Pleep, thought these attacks were unnatural, and decided they would now move by night and sleep by day so they would be battle ready when the attacks came. 
 
PG 19:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter Two
 
Pleep and Sir Herman’s talks had produced more understanding and the knight could now read the slightest expression change of Pleep’s face.  The Dragon was as puzzled about these attacks as the knight was.  They Slept the next day in a cave pleep found for Dragons have an affinity with caves and could sense them almost magically. 
 
 That night Trolls attacked them on the trail.  Trolls were almost unheard of in these parts for long ago there had been a war between Trolls, Magic users, and unknown to the humans, dragons had helped.  Dragons hated trolls because they were thieves and would steal a dragon's carefully horded treasure.  They would burrow into the back of a dragon’s cave or lair and be gone before the dragon could do anything about it.  The holes they made were too small for a dragon to follow and dragon flame could only go so far.  The attack of trolls really made Sir Herman and Pleep sure that magic was involved for trolls never attacked dragons (being cowards by nature) they only stole from them. Even stranger was the manner of the attack, for trolls usually attacked from the ground, from pits, or swarmed out from within their deep smelly cavern entrances. 
 
  They had been slowly plodding along with Pleep leading, for his dragon sight was better than that of Sir Herman or even Nelly. They had fallen into this routine with Pleep leading and finding the best path for Horse and rider. This left Herman following on Nelly, or on foot to spare her, for her injury from the lion was still bothering her.  Suddenly the smell of troll was everywhere.  It must have been magically masked, for troll stink is horrible and worse than the biggest pile of manure.  Pleep doubted his senses for a moment because the smell seemed to be coming from above.  Next thing they knew trolls were dropping from the trees on top of them.   There was so many of them they were like acorns knocked off by a stiff wind.
 
  Vile little night black creatures they were, with blazing red or yellow eyes and sharp little teeth.  They swarmed over them like ants over an injured grasshopper.  Beating at them with little stout clubs and shrieking obscenities at them in both the human tongue and their own vile language.   
 
PG 20:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp 
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter Two
 
There must have been about fifty of them piled on top of Pleep and in desperation he had whipped around and around in a circle throwing them off in all directions.  Then the three of them formed a fighting circle or triangle so they covered each other's backs and then stood their ground.  Trolls were still dropping from the trees though, and Sir Herman yelled to pleep to find open ground. 
 
 They all ran at breakneck speed through the trees until they burst into an open glade, backed by cliffs on two sides and a deep swift running river on the third.  They were trapped.  They formed a defensive front, but even though they no longer had trolls dropping from the trees, sheer numbers were overwhelming them.  Nelly was frothing at the mouth and her eyes were terror stricken.  She could hardly lift and drop anymore to strike and she looked pleadingly back at Sir Herman and Pleep as if asking for help.  Sir Herman could hardly swing his sword any more and had been hit so many time with clubs he was groggy and close to passing out.
 
  Pleep was close to running out of flame and if that happened they would all be over whelmed. Suddenly Sir Herman was yelling and it took a minute for what he was yelling to penetrate Pleep's fog soaked brain.  " Fire the woods dragon. The trees, the trees fire the trees!" he was yelling.  Pleep nodded understanding.  As soon as Sir Herman was sure Pleep understood he thumped Nelly three times on the shoulder, which in warhorse language meant to drop on her side.  It was a battle tactic that had saved his life on more than one occasion. 
 
 Sir Herman dropped flat also and as soon as the two were clear, Pleep let fly with the hottest longest breath he had ever tried in his life.  He whipped his neck and body in a half circle and so hot was his breath that the trolls and trees nearest to him just dropped into a pile of ash.   Trees and brush as far away as one hundred feet burst into towers of flame that could be seen from miles away.  Suddenly Pleep ran out of flame. 
  
PG 21:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                     Book One: Chapter Two
 
Pleep could not see for the smoke and desperately tried to re-ignite.   Then he heard Sir Herman yelling his name. “Pleep, Pleep, it’s ok boy… You did it… They’re all gone boy…” He was thumping Pleep on the side in his exuberance and just as suddenly Sir Herman slumped to the ground and sat hard.  Nelly was trembling but stood in the horse way as horses rarely sat or laid down.  
 
  Pleep plopped down where he was too exhausted to even think of moving a step.  Sir Herman checked Nelly and told her to stay where she was because the smoke was so thick that you could only breathe near the ground where it was not so thick.  It was hours before the smoke cleared enough for them to rise.  The fire had pretty much burned itself out with the cliffs on two sides and a river on the third side.  The way they had come had large breaks between tree stands and lots of rocky broken ground a little before the Trolls had attacked them, so though still smoldering it had not spread. This was a lucky break for if the fire had crossed the river the whole woods may have burned killing hundreds of animals and blighting the land. 
 
 Also trolls will not cross an open body of water for they are dense and sink like a rock.  It was knowledge of this that had given Sir Herman the idea to fire the woods for he would have never had done so otherwise.  He would not have bought his life at such a cost to land and animal, his code would have prevented him.  In the end though, not a single troll had survived.

 

End of Chapter Two: Book One

 

 

 

PG 22:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp 
PLEEP THE DRAGON                    Book One: Chapter Three
 
THE PLANS OF MICE AND MEN/ THE BONEYARD/ DRAGON IN DISTRESS/ SIR HERMAN DREAMS/ THE LADY FAIRE
 
The Plans of Mice and Men:
 
  They were getting closer; he could feel it in his bones.  They had finally found trace of Momma Dragon about two days and three villages back. The attacks had gotten worse. It was this, which led Sir Herman to think they were close.  The animals of the forest could no longer be trusted.             The beast harried them night and day.  Nothing seemed immune to whatever power was against them, from a herd of rabbits to a gaggle of geese.  At least food was not a problem, for it now came to them.  Yet it was getting wearisome and the knight wished they would soon find her, for constant battle, even against chipmunks and birds, was a tiring thing.  It seemed everything in the forest wanted to bite, sting, or maul them.  
 
  Sir Herman was sure they had an enemy now and a powerful one, but the question was why?  Why would something or someone want momma to remain unfound?  Or had they just made someone mad, and had a pox put upon them?  No it had to be the quest, for the closer they got the more they were attacked.  Since he had confirmed a sighting of the dragon in Abbeville, two days back, they had had little or no rest.  The townspeople in Centerville had seen the dragon going the same way as him but found it very strange.  The dragon had ignored the town and its people and even Old Mary's flock of fat well fed sheep.  It had looked neither right nor left nor had it uttered a sound as it majestically passed.  That was several weeks ago said one    local peasant he had talked to.  The man thought the dragon had been headed towards the bone yard.  A very mysterious place where it was said all the local animals went when they knew they were dying.  
   
  This was actually the third time Sir Herman had gotten information about the dragon's passage, but was the most recent and the strangest one.  He would leave Pleep to hover around the outskirts of town, and try not to be seen, while he questioned the locals.  The only time Pleep had been seen was by a town drunk, who was not believed.  
 
PG 23:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                    Book One: Chapter Three
 
 The Bone yard was considered very holy and was taboo, which meant nobody went there, or only at your own risk, for nobody would venture there to rescue him or her.  He had also heard another thing, which made him think he was close.  There were rumors of a wizard, or a hermit, who had taken refuge there.  He was said to be very powerful, and prone to stealing babies in the night out of their cradles.  Those who went in search of their children were never seen again.  This then might be their hidden enemy and it was with much caution and not a little healthy fear that the knight now stood at the high pass leading down into the infamous place.
 
The Bone yard:
 
  The high pass was the only way into or out of the valley where the bone yard lay except by air, and although Pleep was as big as a horse, the knight did not think the little dragon could support him and still fly.  Besides, who ever heard of a man flying on a dragon?  He snorted with amusement at the thought and his horse Nelly snorted back as if sharing the joke.  He did not want to enter the valley straight away, for he did not want to fall prey to whatever had taken the townspeople who had come before him.  This was not coward-ness but good sense.  He needed to scout the lay of the land and perhaps spot the enemy before blindly stumbling into a trap.  With this in mind, he had given Pleep careful instructions to fly around but not into the valley.  He did not want Pleep to fall into a trap either and anything that could capture or kill a full size dragon would probably make short work of a small one like Pleep.  
 
  He was wishing he could see through the little dragon's eyes when the world spun around him and he suddenly found himself hundreds of feet in the air.  He tried to scream out but found he had no voice.  He could feel the air rushing past his wings as he craned his long neck to look around.  'Wait a minute,' he thought, 'I don't have a long neck or wings!!!' "Pleeep," he heard in his head, followed by a feeling of love, warmth, and affection.  
  
PG 24:                           Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                    Book One: Chapter Three
 
Then he realized what had happened.   He was somehow sharing the mind of the little dragon and looking out through his eyes.  By the Gods, what amazing sight dragons
had.  He saw a small lizard scamper out of sight running from his/Pleep’s shadow.  Whether it was because of his unconscious wish, by the little dragon’s abilities, or because the land was holy, or perhaps all three, he had been granted his wish.  He now soared majestically above the land, and yet he had no real control over where they went, or did he?  'Pleep,' he thought, 'Could you go back and see what’s happened to my body?' A moment's hesitation followed by a warming agreement, and the little dragon winged back the way he had come.  
 
   Sir Herman could now see himself at the top of the pass, standing with his hand upon Nelly's mane, looking as if he was staring down into the valley.  A mental sigh of relief escaped him as he realized his body should be ok.  As long as his hand was upon the horse’s neck, Nelly would stand there patiently for hours if need be.  He still was not sure how he would get back to his body, but it was reassuring to know that it was safe for now.  'Pleep? Do you hear me good boy?' warm reassurance.  ' Ok boy, lets find your momma. Circle around the outside of the valley first.'  He felt himself shift to the left, his powerful wings straining to gain altitude.  The power in this little body was amazing. 
 
  It was as if he weighed no more than a bird.  He became aware of the air currents around him, and it seemed as if the air itself was colored.  With a start he realized that to the dragon, it was.  Where the air was warm and rose up, it was colored a kind of pink, and where the air was cold and descended, it was a kind of bluish green.  Where the cold and warm air mixed, it was a kind of purple.  Right now they were rising upon the pinkish air that came up from the cliffs surrounding the valley. 
 
   This of course made it very easy to rise.  The air rising from below gave them lift quickly until they were well above the rim of the valley.  So this was what it felt like to fly.  It was amazing. 
  
PG 25:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                    Book One: Chapter Three
 
  Even though it was not his will that made them do so, still he could feel every beat of the wings, see what Pleep saw, and feel the wind upon his skin.  What a feeling of power.  He almost wished he had been born a dragon. He had never felt so free, so powerful.  A feeling of smugness enveloped him and he realized it was coming from Pleep, pleased with his line of thought.  He chuckled and mentally pat the little dragon on the head.  He was feeling pretty pleased himself.
 
Dragon in distress:
 
  They circled the entire valley yet nothing unusual could be seen from these heights; it was literally a case of not seeing the forest for the trees.  Nothing but trees and more trees, slopes and cliffs, yet the valley was huge enough to hide a whole army or any number of other nasty surprises under the cover of the canopy.  Following the knight's instructions, the little dragon started making tighter and tighter circles, each pass taking less time then the one before.  On about the fifth pass the knight did notice something, two things actually. 
 
  The first was what appeared to be a tower, dead center of the valley.  It thrust up well above the height of the tallest trees (and the trees here were very tall indeed) as if trying to escape the valley into the sunlight above.  There was something unhealthy looking about the tower also.  It looked misshapen and unfinished, as if the builder had run out of materials in the middle of the building of it. 
 
  The second thing he had noticed was the fog.  An unhealthy pea green soup unlike any fog he had ever seen before.  It seemed to glow and pulsate; it seemed to shift and change putting out little tentacles like an octopus and then withdrawing them.  In fact, it seemed to be reaching for them now.  Pleep had suddenly veered closer and dropped lower, his mind filled with anxiety.  With a start of panic, Sir Herman realized that it was reaching for them, "Away, Up, Quickly!!!" he screamed in the little dragon’s mind.  It was too little too late though.   
  
PG 26:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                    Book One: Chapter Three
  
  The fog solidified into what appeared to be a giant misshapen hand and closed in around Pleep as he strove to rise from the valley.  Dragon and unwitting rider both screamed as the hand closed burning around their body.  It was a fire that burned the soul as well as the body, and screaming out in pain they fell from the sky.  
 
Sir Herman Dreams:  
Sir Herman is dreaming of home; a woman’s voice is yelling at him:
 
"Get up you lazy man, what do you think you are doing?  Sleeping on a Sunday as if it is a holiday?"  Herman tried to get up but it seemed like a dragon was sitting on his chest.  His nose was stuffed up and a fever was raging though his body.  He tried to speak but it only came out a croak.  " I suppose you are going to pretend you are sick?" shrieked his wife, " Well I am sick too!  Sick and tired of you being lazy, sick and tired of being laughed at because I am wearing the same clothes as last month.  Why, you have not even given me any new jewelry in the last six months.  How am I going to face the ladies at the king’s court?" she shrieked, " Tell me that Herman Alistair Brooks, now get up you lazy son of a dog and find a job.  I am so tired of this stupid knight in shining armor stuff.  When are you going to get a real job?  Get Up!  Get Up!  Do You Hear Me!?" 
 
The Lady Faire:
Sir Herman is now waking up:
 
" Get up!  Can you hear me?  Please wake up!"  Sir Herman seemed to be crawling his way up from the bottom of a lake.  Everything was fuzzy and he could not seem to remember where he was or how he had got there.  He remembered being sick and his wife yelling at him.  Now someone was lightly slapping his face.  It did not hurt but it was annoying.  
By instinct he reached up and grabbed the offending hand.  " That will be enough of that." He said to the hand. His eyes could not seem to focus and then suddenly did focus, on the hand.   
  
PG 27:                            Created by Anthony Hotopp  
PLEEP THE DRAGON                    Book One: Chapter Three
 
  It was a woman's hand and a very pretty one at that.  Fine lined and aristocratic.  His eyes followed the hand up a bare arm and focused on the face.  The face was very pretty but strained and just beginning to show the lines of age.  The face had bright green/gold eyes with just a hint of crows' feet around the edges.  She had long lustrous blonde tresses with a hint of gold framed her face. Looking up and down he saw she was garbed in the manner of a peasant. 
 
  With a start he realized she was holding him in her lap.  He tried to rise but fell back with a groan.  He felt as if his whole body had been dipped in boiling water and every part of his body was sore as if he had run a race.  He felt confused and could not remember how he had come to be in this state.  Then with a sudden rush of memory it all came back.  "Pleep!" he yelled, and struggled to his feet weaving.
 
  The woman rose to her feet also, unfolding from the ground with the grace of a dancer.  Sir Herman found himself befuddled once again and could only stare at her in astonishment.  She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.  A couple of inches short of his six foot three, her eyes were almost level with his own. Her peasant garb could not hide the perfect curves of her body, nor disguise the flawless features that belonged to a Queen or a princess.  She had the regally long neck and perfect features that most princesses claim but only a few actually have.  She however had none of the superiority or haughtiness that he associated with women of the upper class.  ' If I was not married,' he thought, ‘I think I would be in love.’

 

Book two: From the dragons view. Lost in the mist: and much, much more.  See the continuing story of Pleep the Dragon and his friend Sir Herman as they solve the mystery of the disappearance of Pleep’s mother.  Find out who the mysterious lady is and the as yet unknown enemy. Enjoy the adventure.  

 

Created by ANTHONY HOTOPP  [email protected]

[email protected]   All Rights Reserved By

ACH Incorporated     ACH Unpublished Works 2002

 



© 2016 Wolf_Lord


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
Added on August 22, 2016
Last Updated on August 22, 2016


Author

Wolf_Lord
Wolf_Lord

Albuquerque, NM



About
I am an aspiring author whom was on penwrights for ...well ... about as long as it existed... I watched apathetically as the site fell to pieces... Freedom of expression was squashed... People were be.. more..

Writing