[untitled]

[untitled]

A by Mira

Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is doing what you're afraid to do because you must.

...."If the Gods want revenge, why attack their Majesties? Why not strike down Lord Thom? I would volunteer. He irritates me, and a good striking down might improve him." Gary -the Younger- in Tamora Pierce's Lioness Rampant.

"Have you ever noticed that people seem to say the wisest things as they die? And they rather always seem to be about fear. When I die, I'm going to spout a bunch of nonsense about a random subject and have it carved on my gravestone." Juliana Castris, in my own Shadow Smoke's Revenge Part One. *Edited Out*

Life without limits is roughtly equivelent to insanity. Pure, undiluted insanity. Sounds rather nice doesn't it?

(Answering a comment on how women have ruined the word, as a result of their quick tempers during their monthlies) "Women? What have women ever done to equal the idiocity of men? Men are the ones who cause all the harm! Men do all the damage! Men start all the wars! This war with Gerain was the doing of men, and women are being dragged out of their homes to fix it. So don't you give me that pathetic excuse of how women caused everything. Azar risks her life here to undo the damage of men. No woman caused this in a fit of temper, because it would be over if that was the case. Five or seven days and a woman gets her common sense back. Men are lacking their whole lives the goos sense of women. "
Nima, snapping someone's head off in Fire Rose (Azargul) *I edited it out, but I'm looking for a way to put it back in*

"I'm rather sure you could be improved by a few lashes. That would surely fix your disposition. Twenty lashes."
"Ma'am, doesn't that seem a little off in number?"
"You're right. Make it fifty." Duenna Fatima, in my friend's book You should learn not to argue with the person who can kill you.

 

More later, I want to go eat lunch.

© 2009 Mira


Author's Note

Mira
Simply a list of favorite quotes I've run across. Some I wrote, most I did not. Mine are in red.

My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

At first i was a little confused as to what was scrolling across my eyes. Then it became clear as I read your authors note.
That was a conglomeration of some pretty humorous and powerful words!

I absolutely loved this one....
"Have you ever noticed that people seem to say the wisest things as they die? And they rather always seem to be about fear. When I die, I'm going to spout a bunch of nonsense about a random subject and have it carved on my gravestone."

Sounds like something I'd do! lol

Keep up the cool ink!
Aaron Maycroft

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 27, 2009

Author

Mira
Mira

VA



About
Hey Everyone! I'm...well... Mira is my pseudonym since I don't want anyone to know who I really am. It tends to be that people freak out when they meet an author they like. I know I would have a heart.. more..

Writing
Thief Thief

A Book by Mira


Scraps Scraps

A Book by Mira