I miss you...

I miss you...

A Story by Silent Wolf
"

So, just a random idea. BTW, this is from my point of view.

"
I slowly lower myself down onto the bed, the sheets still smelling like her. I remember how, when I was younger and still believed in ghosts and monsters and all the lies fed to me, how I'd come into her room after a nightmare and sleep with her and grandpa. How I'd curl up in between them, the dog coming up beside me and sit between me and grandpa. 
As I walk through the dimly-lit living room, I remembered how she'd sit in the red chair in the corner, watching the toddlers run around rampant, or watch them circle around me to play with the toys. I can remember each of their names, and I remember my favorite one too. A three year old named Rylan, whom I'd tried to teach preschool to for his mom. 

Walking through the kitchen and I remember helping her cook spaghetti, how I'd stir the sauce and she'd butter the garlic bread, trying not to let it bubble up onto my white nightgown. Or how I'd be so excited to pour the flour in the mixer when we were making my favorite green cherry cookies. Oh how cute I must have been back when I was little. 

Once I stepped out the backdoor, I remember how she'd lean up against that old grey railing, a cigarette in hand, and just smoke it all out. I remember trying to get her to stop only because my mother wanted her to, not understanding why. It took her at least a year to stop, but when she finally did, it was too late. She was already looking older. 


I twirl the rose in my fingers, the light flittering off the dew on the red petals. Her favorite perfume sat on the nightstand, the same one she wore whenever she went out with her friends. I keep one of my white fingernails long to remind me of the tips she'd get every weekend while I got my nails painted the same color. I closed my eyes and saw her toothless smile, her eyes staring right back at me. I leaned forward slightly to smell the rose gently, my heart reaching out for her. Everywhere I go, I can still see her, still feel her presence. Even now, over a year after she died. 

I miss you, grandma

© 2014 Silent Wolf


Author's Note

Silent Wolf
Yeah, I just wanted to throw this out there.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Aww this is so beautiful and touching. Your grandma seemed like a wonderful person and I'm sure she's a beautiful angel watching over you, missing you just as much as you miss her. *hugs* I bet she watched you write this with a smile on her face and she's proud of you. Anyways, sorry for blabbering on. This story is heart touching and I loved it. You never cease to amaze me. Perfect 100/100.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

8 Years Ago

Thank you. :) And perhaps she is, and perhaps she was watching me write this. :)



Reviews

Aww this is so beautiful and touching. Your grandma seemed like a wonderful person and I'm sure she's a beautiful angel watching over you, missing you just as much as you miss her. *hugs* I bet she watched you write this with a smile on her face and she's proud of you. Anyways, sorry for blabbering on. This story is heart touching and I loved it. You never cease to amaze me. Perfect 100/100.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

8 Years Ago

Thank you. :) And perhaps she is, and perhaps she was watching me write this. :)
Reminds me of mine, and recollected again in my mind now of her. What a great way to in a way honor her with this superb story. How I miss and love her so as I read here you do yours. So sorry. :o( She smoked too. How I would come around her or her place and smell the lingers of smoke everywhere, embedded in the furniture and such, ha. The other one I miss was sort of the opposite. And sure do miss and love her too. I like it muchly.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

BlackRose

10 Years Ago

.......years*
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

I embrace the loss, but at the same time, I think I try to avoid it. I feel like it motivates me, bu.. read more
BlackRose

10 Years Ago

Yep, It's like that with me sometimes too...We know it happens but do we REALLY want it to actually .. read more
Awww I loved it such a sweet memory and gesture:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Thank you.
0000000000000000000000000000

10 Years Ago

Your very welcome:))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I know this feeling very well, though not the grandpa aspect of it as mine was never around. I was so close to my grandma, and it still hurts even now, a year after she died. This is really wonderfully written and beautiful; thank you for sharing :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Yeah, it's hard. I think about how I had helped her with daycare, and sometimes I think about how me.. read more
Lucy Morningstar ♥

10 Years Ago

Yep, its the same for me. I remember stupid fights about things that don't matter, I remember helpin.. read more
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Thank you. Yeah, I'd like to think that too.
Beautiful poem. I swear my heart almost stopped . Green cherry cookies exist? I've never heard of them. And I like how the whole poem is reminiscent of a grandmother and details everything going through your head. I know the feeling and I can't tell you it'll get better, and it definitely won't get any easier. I hope you write more!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Actually, it's a story. Lol. She died five days after Christmas in 2012.
untitledramblings

10 Years Ago

Lol whoops. I've been reading poems all week. It's got stuck in my head. My heart goes out to you; t.. read more
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Yeah. But I keep going.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 28, 2014
Last Updated on February 28, 2014

Author

Silent Wolf
Silent Wolf

Insanity, My own little paradise



About
♥♥♥♥♥UPDATES!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (updated as of 11/22/17) ~I've graduated high school. I've got a full time job. -I am still writing Simli.. more..

Writing
Raven Raven

A Story by Silent Wolf



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Oblivious Oblivious

A Story by Silent Wolf


Rose Rose

A Story by Silent Wolf