The Brightest Star

The Brightest Star

A Story by WriterInWonderland
"

A short story with a quick reference to another piece of mine called "Any Old Tuesday"

"

Even in death our brightest stars never fade from our hearts. They affect us. More so than the tragedy of their deaths. They linger for us. Never truly leaving.


A girl weeps. A Blade to her tired wrist. Alone. Or so she feels. But a Starmans voice awakens her from her fading light, expelling the darkness that threatens to consume it. It flickers for a moment before growing in to a beacon that illuminates her world as it had been when she was a mere innocent child.


The Starman holds her hands gently as the blade falls from existence. He smile, helping her to her feet. Time stops as he whispers in her ear, “Oh no love, you're not alone.” His eyes meet hers and she watches him disappear as if taken over by a gentle wind.


She can no longer see him, though she knows she will never be alone again. Her Starman was watching over her now. Whispering in her ear in times of need.


“Oh no love you're not alone...”

© 2017 WriterInWonderland


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on June 6, 2017
Last Updated on June 6, 2017
Tags: david bowie, death, suicide prevention, emotional, personal

Author

WriterInWonderland
WriterInWonderland

Derry, NH



About
My name is Marie. I'm 25 years old. I've been writing since I was 13. Although I'm afraid my motivation has dwindled in the past few years. I want to rekindle my interest in writing and reading. And g.. more..

Writing