Visit from Hell

Visit from Hell

A Story by Wonton
"

For /r/writingprompts: "You summon the most powerful and notorious demonic being in the universe. The reason why you summoned it: You are lonely, and are in need of a friend."

"
Nothing bad could REALLY happen, could it? Nah, I thought to myself as I scanned the shelves of the aisles of the massive library. I knew what I was searching for: a book on demonology. Why not?,* I thought, *not like this stuff is for real, anyway. Just a bunch of old superstitious stuff. I was bored out of my skull and all my friends were on the foreign exchange trip in Slovenia sponsored by our governments for the next month or so, so I thought it might be a decent idea to at least keep entertained for the next while, since I've already beaten all of my games and porn is boring as hell after I've diddled myself roughly seven times that day already.

    Eventually, I finally came across the old and decrepit book, a black-and-red hardcover that was about to come off at the seams. On the front cover, no text was present; the only thing present on the front cover was the Sigil of Baphomet. I looked on the back cover, and it was blank. Even the spine was textless. Finally, I looked inside for information on the author, and all there was, was "Ave Satanas". Admittedly, at this point, I was more than a little entirely freaked out of my mind, but at the same time, it was so cool! A book on Satanic rituals? I looked inside and saw the text. All of it was in Latin. Each page had its own ritual, with the exception of a few that spilled over onto the next page. Finally, I saw a demonic summoning ritual, and I knew right then that I had to have this book.

    As I walked up to the library's front desk, I could see the look of tired exasperation on the 30-something-year-old librarian's face. He was a quiet, very attractive man who wore a tired sweater and black-rimmed glasses. To be frank, I also knew I had to have him, but that's beside the point of this little story. I quietly placed the book on the desk, and he gave me a look like, "Okay, really now?", but I simply shrugged. He checked the book out and said, "You know, Victor, you've checked out some pretty weird books before, but this one really takes the cake."

    "Yeah, but c'mon, Mitch, this is SO COOL, and I'm bored at home, but I could probably use the company instead of this book," I said back, with an inviting hint. He glared back at me with the single most intense "no" glare I've ever seen in my life. Finally, I broke the deathly silence with, "Well, at least I have something to do now. Maybe I'll even summon a demon to keep me company." Oh, how I now regret that last sentence.

    I rushed home at what felt like light speed. Living in the city, that means I might've knocked a person or two over on their way to lunch. I stopped at the restaurant next to my apartment building and quickly grabbed a sub sandwich, and rushed next door and up the stairs to my apartment. I sat down at my dining table, unwrapped my delicious Srirachawich and opened the book carefully, considering how delicate this thing was. I rolled the pages past until I hit the ritual to summon my very own demon. I slowly munched my way through the foot-long sandwich until I read the very last line of the ritual.

    At that point, I stood up and decided to go ahead do it. I took a piece of red chalk I had lying around in a set and drew an inverted pentagram on the ground, and sat down within it. I had the book set up in front of me, leaning against another pile of books I had lying about, some of which probably needed returned to that delicious hunk of a man at the library...er, anyway, back to the story. I began repeating the long Latin phrases required of me, slowly getting more and more entranced by the entire situation. At one point, I felt like I was selling my very soul to Satan himself. Finally, I ended the entire ritual with the phrase in the very back of the book: Ave Satanas.

    The pentagram began to glow a mighty crimson glow. As soon as I saw this, I jumped out and got on the far side of the room, not wanting to be personally involved, but curious enough to still keep the pentagram in my line of sight. Finally, a glowing ball of energy appeared, levitating above the very center of the pentagram. The ball began to expand and finally exploded in a near-deafening boom. I managed to make out the apartments neighboring mine rattling. I heard someone below me scream, "HOLY S**T, I THINK VICTOR FINALLY BLEW HIMSELF UP!" I ignored them, because right before my very eyes was the most frightening thing I'd ever seen: a 7-foot tall, muscular, humanoid being with horns on his head, blood-red skin, and a 5 o'clock shadow. Admittedly, I was slightly attracted to him, but that was quickly replaced by fear when he got his eyes on me.

    "THE F**K YOU WANT?" he bellowed at me, causing my nice plates to rattle.

    "Uh, um, er, uh..." I stammered at him, subjected to the most mind-numbing fear I had ever experienced.

    "THE F**K IS THIS S**T? I'M A BUSY DEMON."

    I was a little stunned at how profane he was, but then I remembered he was a giant scary demon. "Uh, I summoned you....I...uhh...admittedly, I have no idea what's going on," I slowly stammered back, trying not to let the sweat soak my every article of clothing.

    "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" he said as he got within licking distance of my face.

    "Uh....not really, no."

    "I'M F****N' POLRAY, GUARDIAN OF THE UNDERWORLD, AND I HAVE A **VERY** BUSY SCHEDULE!"

    "Can I call you 'Ray'?"

    "NO"

    He looked over to my dining room table and saw my Srirachawich, which he proceeded to pick up and eat in one bite. "That was my lunch, a*****e," I promptly said as my delicious wonderlunch made its way down whatever the demonic equivalent to an esophagus is.

    "Not anymore, shitbreath. Damn, that was weak. I thought that red sauce was supposed to be hellpepper. What the hell is that?"

    "Uh, um, Sriracha sauce, uh, sir."

    "Well, it SUCKED MASSIVE DEMON DICK."

    "Uh, thank you, sir, I guess."

    At this point, I was more than a little confused at what on earth was ever going on.

    "Well, I'm going back to Hell, because I got s**t to do. I swear to the Dark Lord Himself, if you summon me again, I am taking you back with me, got it?"

    "Uh, yes. Yes, I do."

    "Good."

    He disappeared from my room, along with the pentagram and my sandwich, in a red flash. I sat down at my table to contemplate what just happened.

    I took the book back the next day.

© 2014 Wonton


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh wow, what a story! I do rituals myself, but I wouldn't dream of summoning demons. I love to do magic, but that is considered evil in my book, so I don't do it. I do work with good spirits, but I have to be very well protected. Wow, great descriptions and interesting story. I enjoyed reading.

Cheers,

Stacey

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh wow, what a story! I do rituals myself, but I wouldn't dream of summoning demons. I love to do magic, but that is considered evil in my book, so I don't do it. I do work with good spirits, but I have to be very well protected. Wow, great descriptions and interesting story. I enjoyed reading.

Cheers,

Stacey

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 26, 2014
Last Updated on July 26, 2014
Tags: demons, devil, demon, hell, pentagram, satan, satanism, lavey, anton

Author

Wonton
Wonton

About
Just a dude who likes to write a little. more..

Writing
2014 2014

A Story by Wonton


Clone Clone

A Story by Wonton


Death Wish Death Wish

A Story by Wonton