Emotionally Unavailable

Emotionally Unavailable

A Poem by Joe W
"

This was written for my friend Rachel Backal. Thanks for letting me steal the title. Hope you enjoy :)

"
I've missed so many different calls on my phone, I really just need to be alone. I'm trying to think of why I feel different inside, and I think it's because you're not by my side. You seemed to know exactly what I needed to hear, and I wish that right now you were just here. You don't have to say anything and I don't want there to be anything for you to do, but I just want to be closer to you. I'm sorry for hiding but it's really hard to just be me, I've been through a lot in life you see. Yet you couldn't know that how in the world could you, if I never chose to open up to you in anything I chose to do? I'm sorry for shutting myself out and away from the help you were trying to show, and now I don't know where I'm supposed to go. The phone sits there ringing and I know you're trying to reach me, but I'm emotionally unavailable so leave your message at the beep.

© 2016 Joe W


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This very out-spoken As it is also very true. I love the style of this piece. And the last line.... its just perfect. Great way to end a piece.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joe W

8 Years Ago

Thanks for the input.
love it. I wish I was better at reviewing and commenting but I really enjoyed reading it! xx

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joe W

8 Years Ago

Thanks. It doesn't matter what you say. Any feedback is helpful.
Great poem, great message but the paragraph form makes me think this is a short story. If anything that is the only issue I see with the poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Joe W

8 Years Ago

That's what I get from a lot of people. The thing is that Spoken Words are really written mostly in .. read more
Autonomous

8 Years Ago

oh ok. Then I will not bring it up anymore. there are no issues with your writing.
Beautifully written! I am honored that you were inspired by my writing, to write such a powerful piece. This is so deep, and really reflects off the pain of being an emotionally unavailable individual. Love it! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Joe W

8 Years Ago

Thanks. I wish I could have made it longer but then I'd probably be repeating a lot of the things I .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

321 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 16, 2016
Last Updated on March 17, 2016

Author

Joe W
Joe W

Windsor, CO



About
"People may not always believe what you say, but they will believe what you do."-Adolf Hitler more..

Writing
The Letter The Letter

A Poem by Joe W