A Marionette

A Marionette

A Poem by Wordless_Prism

The husk rises from the vivid carnage, now a social swinger in his carriage.

As he rides down city streets, the war plays over and over in his nightly sheets.

A back scratcher to royalty shakes hands in shadows inexplicitly.

Isolated but, he smiles harshly, his performance truly a masterpiece.

Once baptized in scars, the blood still flows quite viscidly.

To him, gold is as useless as aluminum. The dialog of echos has made him numb.

But then he sees the stage, a silhouette of a marionette dance to a bards page.

Her dance swirls and mimics his echoed scars. Who is she? What is this farce?

King and monarch, his heart dead-headed, she now works to re-bloom. He's hardheaded.

She is melting him slowly.

© 2021 Wordless_Prism


Author's Note

Wordless_Prism
Boooop

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

• The husk rises from the vivid carnage,

You're going for pretty language, but the only person in the universe who knows what you mean is you. What am I to take "The Husk," to be? And what in the pluperfect hells is "vivid carnage?"

You have intent, and context guiding your understanding of this piece. The reader has only "Huh?" because a great deal of the story this connects to remains in your head, and never made it to the page—and the reader's mind.

Write from your chair, of course. But always edit from that of a reader, who has only what the words suggest to them, based on their life-experience, not yours.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Wordless_Prism

7 Months Ago

Alright, I’ll concede that you’re right to an extent. that extent being that I’m to write for .. read more
JayG

7 Months Ago

• I understand the idea that people don’t want to read something that makes no sense, however, .. read more
Wordless_Prism

6 Months Ago

OK, well you missed what I was saying and then just repeated yourself. like I said in my last post I.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
1 Review
Added on May 30, 2021
Last Updated on May 30, 2021

Author

Wordless_Prism
Wordless_Prism

SC



About
I am mainly here to read, but I like to try and write. more..

Writing