At a Loss of Words

At a Loss of Words

A Story by Kathryn Mote
"

Writers Block

"
I lost my tongue. 
To be without, it's been so quiet. Millions of ideas with no ability to articulate the story I hold in the palm of my hands... The psychological obstruction from my inner thoughts to my finger tips is exasperating. I've never felt a silence so deafening.  
To write is to feel. To feel is to human. I've felt like an alien in this magnificently beautiful world that I've been unable to record. Where have I been? Chain smoking, hoping for a word. An insignificant interpretation of life... And then it hit me.
I was merely thinking too hard and forgot how to feel. 

© 2018 Kathryn Mote


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i've felt the same exact way recently. writing about writer's block and the struggles behind it can be frustrating and therapeutic in a weird way, but i love how you articulated this. getting so wrapped up in emotions and analysis that being present feels foreign. i hope the writer's block fades soon!

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
And the harder you try the less likely the drought be broken. One of the best I've read regarding the dreaded block :)?

Posted 5 Years Ago


The muse is often fickle, and like an untrained dog, doesn't come when we call. So I've found, it always does return, but we know not when. I understand your frustration.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That's the best solution I ever heard on this subject.great thought on this point.dont stay away so long

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 4, 2018
Last Updated on January 4, 2018
Tags: Writers block, writing

Author

Kathryn Mote
Kathryn Mote

Fort Worth, TX



About
Just a couple word doodles more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


So Near To Me So Near To Me

A Poem by Dave