A Perfect Day To Die

A Perfect Day To Die

A Poem by Wrenlane
"

The thoughts of what could be if this country doesn't turn itself around!

"

A Perfect Day To Die


It’s a perfect day to die, looking down from my mountain stronghold,


There’s no need to ask why, it’s quite clear as it was foretold.

We watched this nation slip away; some did nothing, some did pray.

Our elected officials took no action on the left or on the right,

And most of the country’s citizens, refused to stand, refused to fight.


 They stripped our rights, they silenced protest, they stole our hope and liberty.


Imprisoned myriads in detention camps, a nation bound, no longer free.

The ones who did fight, they were valiant, some gave their lives for just a chance,

That it would stir the hearts of patriots, to join the cause of freedom’s advance.

The call went out by every means; it swept the land by day and night,

But in the home of the free, the land of the brave, few were willing to stand and fight.


There were some wise ones, who did their prep., they saw the writing on the wall.

They gather rations, weapons, ammo and to mountain caves they did crawl.

They took their families, they made their plans, they built their fortress and there they’ll stand.

I am but one who wait with mine, no telling how many like us, are left in this land.

We are just surviving day to day, yet never knowing what will be coming up our way.

We ration our food, but not our love, keep reading the Word, keep trusting and pray.


We can still find times to laugh and play, sometimes we cry, but here we’ll stay.

One day they’ll come up the mountain, we’ll stand and fight and not ask why,

If we should lose the battle, we’ll be glory bound; it will be a perfect day to die!
































































© 2016 Wrenlane


Author's Note

Wrenlane
I just hope it never comes to this...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on January 5, 2016
Last Updated on February 3, 2016
Tags: Sad, Brave, Hope

Author

Wrenlane
Wrenlane

Tampa, FL



About
I am about to retire from law enforcement after 17 years, a 12 year Army vet. I reside in Tampa with my wife of 43 years, where we raised 2 girls. and are now blessed to be apart of helping to raise o.. more..

Writing