Inferior Superiority

Inferior Superiority

A Story by It's Ya Boy
"

Why fix what wasn't broken?

"

The progression of human society was a mistake.

 We were a perfect species. The best thing this world has created from her seed. And then we tarnish it by spitting in the face of nature for our own selfish desires. Our need for more. An addiction, like a drug.

 Simple mammalian hunter-gatherers, that’s what humanity was destined to be. Evolution had what was basically an endpoint for us, but we just needed to keep going�" keep “progressing.”

 If I’m being flexible, I’d say we could’ve progressed up to the pilgrim and Indian days and that would’ve been enough. We still had a mentality to survive or die at that point. Some gross commodities, but, again, being flexible. Basic activities, farming, hunting, living, kept us in good shape and made sure we didn’t become….whatever we are today.

 Now, at least in the 1st world (and even that is inconsistent), we have an overabundance of food that you can get in your car and drive to the grocery store for. A specific sect of our population still dedicates to our old, superior ways. And what do the rest of us do? We’re on our computers at our comfortable desks with a bag of chips or maybe a salad on one side and a drink on the other. Not a care in the world�" I may be sick just thinking about it.

 Bloggers, newscasters, politicians, store clerks, cashiers�" What are these things but mere distractions to the bigger picture? In my eyes, the superiority of humanity ended once we thought ourselves beyond our animal instincts. When we segregated ourselves from the animal kingdom. Hell, we declare the lion of all things as the “king of the jungle.” How can the most superior species of animal to ever exist put themselves down in such a fashion?

 I will use this sinful form we’ve adopted to bring us back to our superior evolutionary chapter. And after I resurrect pure humanity, burning it down and, like the Phoenix, having it rise from the ashes, showing the world�" nay, existence itself their glory, I will eliminate the last of the disease when a bullet tears through my brainstem. Then my work will be complete.

 Now all I need are some test subjects. Voluntary participation is optional of course. They will not see the error of their ways easily.

Signed,

Professor Helen McMahon of The University of [REDACTED]

© 2018 It's Ya Boy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on July 17, 2018
Last Updated on July 17, 2018
Tags: short story, mad scientist, crazy, science fiction